3FE Owners Check-In (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can just loosen the bolt on the distributor and rotate it CC. to advance timing a bit. You will notice the RPM will increase a bit as well. This is how to adjust timing on the 3FE and no problem with SMOG that i am aware of. Also the golden screw on the intake manifold can be adjusted slightly, check the screw setting. It should be 1/4 to 1/8th turn from fully close.
Do i need to jumper the diagnostic box before or just go ahead and advance while its running and fully warm (without jumpering) ?

Do i need to jumper the diagnostic box before or just go ahead and advance while its running and fully warm (without jumpering) ?
You don't need to jump the diagnostic box. Just advance while the motor is running and you can feel the RPM increase. Mark the location of the bolt hole in relations to the slot for reference before making the adjustment. you only need to advance timing slightly to get the RPM up.

Not much longer now ….

This is a FJ80 3FE specific only set up …

Im running 2 OEM NipponDenso pumps that have a higher PSI and volume spec. then the original factory installed ones

I’m including a refresh / repair OEM grey female connector w / extra terminals too ,

The rear washer pump is of course plug and play

I did make the pigtail about 2-3” inches longer for a ease of swap out and a forgiveness factor too

Silver Violet Plated #8 mark heads highest salt spray rating SEMS double. washers mounting bolts too..

I decided in addition to our SNOW VERSION decal , a retro bow to a 3FE equipped FJ62 washer bottle decal adorns the top of the tank to remind all there is a 3FE history topic here too 😎

View attachment 3228088

View attachment 3228090

View attachment 3228089
View attachment 3228086

View attachment 3228087
Whoa. Where did you get that washer tank? Does it fit a 3FE truck?

Whoa. Where did you get that washer tank? Does it fit a 3FE truck?

YES ,

it ONLY fits a FJ80 3FE truck exclusively

that set up above with the 2 washer pumps i hand assemble with ALL JAPAN spec. OEM , genuine NipponDenso parts

the front washer pump is 36% more powerful the the original one , im using a non-usa pump meant to service front and rear

its truly a SNOW VERSION set up heavy duty and tough as nails ...

plug ans play all mounting hardware included and NO MODS ! :cool:

s-l16000124 - Copy (2).jpg

Looked at it today. Can’t seem to find any vacuum leaks. Still having the issue. If I raise the rpm a bit by hand (around 650 in gear), alternator charges how I think it should. Hopefully I’ll be able to mess with it more this weekend.
Oh I forgot to mention take a hand pump vacuum gauge to the metal vacuum lines under the throttle body and air intake. Chances are they're clogged from rust. Diaconnect the hoses and apply vac to one side of the tube, if vac does NOT rise then the metal tube is clear. I’ve already had two of mine get rusty and clog up over time.

Heres the link for timing per FSM and i painted a white dot under the mark on the fly wheel because I'm not Gumby Timing Adjustment for a 3FE Motor - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/timing-adjustment-for-a-3fe-motor.90392/

B504F8A7-9EBB-4DE1-A3C6-95995777F579.jpeg

MORE to come shortly ......

note : make sure you click the volume audio ON and turn it all the way up ....

the is a
3FE FJ80 EXCLUSIVE new product release exciting moment .....:)

3fe-fj80-1-copy-jpeg.3244449

Last edited:
I’ve tried searching but I can’t find what the bsvs purpose is on the 3fe? I understand it’s just a temperature vacuum switch but what is it controlling?

I’ve tried searching but I can’t find what the bsvs purpose is on the 3fe? I understand it’s just a temperature vacuum switch but what is it controlling?

Only run OEM on this one or you will be freaked out when ur temp idiot gauge goes 3/4 of the way up ALL the time. Dont ask me how i know and dont mess with aftermarket on this one

Only run OEM on this one or you will be freaked out when ur temp idiot gauge goes 3/4 of the way up ALL the time. Dont ask me how i know and dont mess with aftermarket on this one
I have a rough idle only after running hard for a while and was trying to figure out anything that has to do vacuum and temperature.

The afm is a new unit from a camery and all the intake hose are new from Witt’s end
I’ve gone through the whole vacuum system.
The egr is deleted but the air pump is still present, I’m in CA so I have to reinstall the egr every other year to pass smog.

The afm is a new unit from a camery and all the intake hose are new from Witt’s end
I’ve gone through the whole vacuum system.
The egr is deleted but the air pump is still present, I’m in CA so I have to reinstall the egr every other year to pass smog.
Are the two vents on top of ur throttle body ckear? Check with a vac pump, if not spray cleaner thru them after u poke out the crud from the inside with a needle held by needle nose vise grips.

And check the metal lines under the intake to make sure theyre clear of rust / restrictions

Set timing to 7’

Are the two vents on top of ur throttle body ckear? Check with a vac pump, if not spray cleaner thru them after u poke out the crud from the inside with a needle held by needle nose vise grips.

And check the metal lines under the intake to make sure theyre clear of rust / restrictions

Set timing to 7’
All vacuum lines are clean and clear, the throttle body was cleaned with mass airflow cleaner last year.

I went through everything to try and figure out the rough idle, but it’s hard to diagnose because I can let it sit and idle for an hour and it’s smooth, but it I run 70-75 down the highway, which is really pushing it and get off the highway and come to a stop sign all the sudden it’s rough and missing at idle.

The o2 sensors are newer boush units.

All vacuum lines are clean and clear, the throttle body was cleaned with mass airflow cleaner last year.

I went through everything to try and figure out the rough idle, but it’s hard to diagnose because I can let it sit and idle for an hour and it’s smooth, but it I run 70-75 down the highway, which is really pushing it and get off the highway and come to a stop sign all the sudden it’s rough and missing at idle.

The o2 sensors are newer boush units.

Are the ring terminals connections on your coil crusty ?

How is the dizzy connection plugs ?

Also the 6 pin one that feeds the ignitor it self ?

My 3FE does this from time to time

My fuel filter is still on my to do list as its old rusty and aftermarket track auto crap too …

After the engine gets hot things expand and create vacuum leaks. Run it hard and pull over when u have issues, then spray starter fluid at the gaskets to see if things change.
Dont go crazy cause u’ll start a fire.

I usually clean the oem oxy sensors with MAF cleaner (nothing harsh)

When u apply vacuum to the throttle body top ports does the vac gauge go down slowly?

B6DF1A5D-F9B8-4765-87C7-0F2FB420BB9D.jpeg

MORE to come shortly ......

note : make sure you click the volume audio ON and turn it all the way up ....

the is a
3FE FJ80 EXCLUSIVE new product release exciting moment .....:)

3fe-fj80-1-copy-jpeg.3244449

I ordered a new washer motor from these guys, how long does it take to get the stuff? I live in the DFW area (Texas) thanks

I ordered a new washer motor from these guys, how long does it take to get the stuff? I live in the DFW area (Texas) thanks
Matt's pretty quick. I've always had a shipping notification and tracking a day or two (business days) after ordering.

your new washer pump kit tracking says it arrived this past Saturday ....

thanks for your support :)

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom