3FE Owners Check-In (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First post. I'm the proud new caretaker of this 1992 3FE. The BaT sale didn't go through (missed it by $750 there) but I saw it again on eBay couple months ago and jumped on it. I think it was meant to be and very pleased overall. Not my first Land Cruiser (94 FZJ) but probably the last. Always regretted selling the 94, so excited to add this one to my small vintage car collection. Tires were sixteen years old--I drove it less than two miles after picking it up and put new 31X10.50 15 BFG A/Ts on. Already done a few small things like greasing windows for quicker movement (great YouTube videos for that), and installed new WeatherTech mats. Basically going to enjoy as is and preserve the wonderful patina on this very original, rust free, California FJ80.

View attachment 2851549
Patina? That thing looks fresh out of the paint booth! Nice looking rig.

Thanks for the info Marco Lau. I just put it on, I must say 20 lb doesn't feel like much. Now just got to fill it up and see if it leaks again. I used a sanding block to get the face nice and flat. Fingers crossed!
yeah, if the mating surface is clean, i would just try to tighten up those bolts and run the engine and see if you see any additional leaks. Good luck

4093350A-AE30-4B5A-86B3-AFF0F12800B3.jpeg

This new BIOR tube bumper has upgraded the protection and the style of my ‘91.
8 months waiting for it to be finished.
Mounted a factory winch in it. Now I have to wire it in and test it out.

8 months wait for a bumper? you could have bought a bender and learned how to use it in that time.

I ran a front/rear bumper, skids, sliders, winch, roof rack and bunch of spar parts, 37s and beadlock wheels, tools and occasional loaded with 3 ppl and week full of camping gear, it is not fast, but can do 70-80 on the highway all day long and no problem up steep grades and such.

Man how do you deal with the extra weight? The 3fe is pretty sloooooow already.
The bumper wasn’t that much heavier than the original bumper. The winch is like 80 lbs.
Haven’t driven it since I got them on but the last fender bender proved to me I need a real bumper, not the flimsy bent original
Plus I am like 120 lbs, so it all evens out

Realized I hadn't posted in this thread yet. I have a 91 80 and have been documenting it over in my build thread:

I’m new to the 3FE i have 300,000 km on it and I hope it runs a long time. Don’t know much about them.

Just noticed today my 3FE is going in and out of the shakes at idle. Guess it’s time to pull the plugs and have a look

oh no way....4 bolts to the fan. Did anything got damaged as a result?
Thank goodness no. I caught it with two nuts still on the bolts- by about 4 turns each.
Fan is missing several blades, but all the hoses etc are intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom