3D printed LV handles Gaskets sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little update.

Living in such a small town there started to be push back from suppliers as the gasket designs started showing up everywhere as I was reaching out to many suppliers. They thought I was playing games when in reality I was sampling different techniques and qualities and prices.

The worst part is when I reach out to a new supplier who says yes he can do it and ends up taking the design to another suppliers I have dealt with to outsource it to them. Also most of them get the supplies from the same place. So it has been messy.

Anyway I don’t care as I’m the client and I am free to look and do what I want as all the samples and design modifications have been paid for so they can all screw themselves. Learnt a lot through this process and met a lot of people.

So now we are back on track.

Will have 3 or 4 different material finishes by the end of the week with prices. Accordingly we can decide on which to proceed with.

The idea is to do this once properly and move on to the next project.

1. Laser cut flat gasket rubber 2D flat
2. Pour moulded rubber 3D
3. PA11 or 12 3D printed
3. Flex Material 3D Printed

Thanks

Mo

That does look pretty good and once it’s tightened down it would provide a good seal. Does the edge of the rubber bulge whe it’s clamped down? It’s tough to tell from the pictures.

We have tightened it and it’s actually staying on my car as we are butting it up and it fits perfectly. The edges don’t come up at all.

Did you ever produce these gaskets? I am interested in buying a set.

Hi guys. Sorry been away since February caring fior my father in another country and only got back 2 days ago. Will be reaching out to my suppliers next week and picking up where we left off and moving forward with all the pending project. Will keep you posted.

while I was away we also started R&D on remanufacturing the interior handles and plate. It was a project we started before I left but only came online while I was away.
Have a look at what the guys got done.

108153FB-264B-42F8-97CC-93CCD19E4427.jpeg

D3066499-496F-4BAF-B881-108446B7A050.jpeg

CC0F1E9F-3F09-483A-BD0A-B60E4CAF7CC6.jpeg

15CC71C9-E271-4CA6-829E-35C6C49BF273.jpeg

A97441BB-813B-4DA0-A33C-C566914C4532.jpeg

2620D619-1F4C-4DC5-B93E-1993B3096453.jpeg

1B615246-05F7-4086-AA2E-F6DCE8DF8652.jpeg

cnc milled from stainless steel. Working on the knob for the window handle and they fixed minor issues with the square slot that mounts to the mechanisms.

should have a final sample.

The original handles were held in place with a pin that tended to come loose and tear up the escutcheons. Any chance you've rethought that and perhaps are threading one of the holes in the handle base and maybe countersinking or counter-boring the opposite one for a flush fitting screw or socket head cap screw? I believe that would be an improvement to the original pins.

The original handles were held in place with a pin that tended to come loose and tear up the escutcheons. Any chance you've rethought that and perhaps are threading one of the holes in the handle base and maybe countersinking or counter-boring the opposite one for a flush fitting screw or socket head cap screw? I believe that would be an improvement to the original pins.
great idea. I will suggest it and have the guys come up with a solution

Here a link to the base plate that was 3D printed for those that are not on Facebook and can be painted once sanded
The shop reverse engineered the door handles plate and spring components into one 3D printed part.

excuse the song needed to cover the chatter in the 3D printers shop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom