350 Heating Problem Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had my stock 78 radiator rebuilt, made a tight fitting shroud and mechanical flex fan, changed the water pump and thermostat, then unhooked my temperature guage and stopped worrying. if it pushes all the water out, it was too hot, but so far it doesn't. I don't like the flex fan though, it's noisy.

190 is not overheating. I have a 190* thermostat in mine. Something is wrong and it is spelled H O L L E Y ;)
How close are your fuel lines to the hot spots on the motor (exhaust manifolds etc)?

As for rad source. An aluminum from jegs is what I did. less than $200 delivered.

Fan shroud...one semi truck mudflap cut into 6" wide strips.:D

A lower temp thermostat does nothing but keep your heater colder in the winter. Flows the same as a 190 but just opens sooner. Won't help with overheating.

LONG LONG time ago I had a points distributor (yah, whats that?:D ) and it was the cause of overheating for me. Got an HEI and the prob went away.

Very cool, guys!! Thank you very much!! I've been hearing from more than one source that Holleys are not the "bees knees." I'll have to check out Jegs. For my shroud, I just used steel from the back of an old stove in my garage :D I'll read up on the total advance for the chevy motors - thanks dgangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom