35’ on stock suspension???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m browsing the craigslist is the Corona age and found some 35’ for a great price! Do any of you know if I could fit 35’ on a stock LX470 suspension?? I do have AHC :(

no.

You can't even fit 35's with a lift. You gotta trim a few things to make it work, sure you can drive around but once you offroad it, rub city

Define "fit"...
(no)

I think the biggest tire you can fit with stock suspension is 295/75/16 on stock 5 spoke 16x8 wheels. That will be my next purchase along with my suspension parts.

35's will require spacers and trim work from my research.

Good Luck!

no.

Lolol wouldn't really even consider anything larger than 285/75r16 while totally stock, much less 285/75r18 or 315/75r16. Two main areas of concern when upsizing that much is the pinch weld (search) and the UCA (again, search). I scrubbed when I was on 18s and I'm scrubbing even worse back on the 16s with spacers. Hammering/cutting the pinch weld with 35s is a must at bare minimum... What you see as a deal on 35s, the rest of us see as a headache and money pit.

Lolol wouldn't really even consider anything larger than 285/75r16 while totally stock, much less 285/75r18 or 315/75r16. Two main areas of concern when upsizing that much is the pinch weld (search) and the UCA (again, search). I scrubbed when I was on 18s and I'm scrubbing even worse back on the 16s with spacers. Hammering/cutting the pinch weld with 35s is a must at bare minimum... What you see as a deal on 35s, the rest of us see as a headache and money pit.
A small body lift like the one sold by @TRAIL TAILOR and some wheel spacers usually go a long way to help run 35" tires.
Having said that, it is not worth it at all. Gearing will be off, speedometer will be off, front drivetrain will be stressed etc etc.

A web of lies! Cruising around town, you’ll be fine, just beat that pinch seam down, will work with AHC in both high and normal. For wheeling, you’ll need some more beating, trimming and a lift.
1585018289952.jpeg

Well, I'm building mine for wheeling and threw them on to have a look. My time is limited at the moment to throw the OME kit I have....but then again, most folks on here so no without any real world input, just what they've read. Shoot, some people think your rig will burn to the ground if you don't use OEM Toyota windshield wipers :)

FYI, I am currently running 285 BFGs on stock wheels...they fit fine, and after I added the spacers, I trimmed a tad...but fit fine.

Last edited:
Well, I'm building mine for wheeling and threw them on to have a look. My time is limited at the moment to throw the OME kit I have....but then again, most folks on here so no without any real world input, just what they've read. Shoot, some people think your rig will burn to the ground if you don't use OEM Toyota windshield wipers :)

FYI, I am currently running 285 BFGs on stock wheels...they fit fine, andante I added the spacers, I trimmed a tad...but fit fine.
Ok

Can they be made to fit? Of course. So can 42s. It’s a sliding scale of diminishing returns.

“Yes, but you just have to run spacers and trim a little” is a big fat NO. OP asked about a stock truck.

If you can’t turn your wheel lock to lock on the bump stops then the answer is They don’t fit! No one cares if they can be jellied in there in the parking lot, you’ll still have to drive the
truck.

IMHO, On the road/wheeling makes no difference. Sure you’ll flex less on the road and maybe rub less but it doesn’t mean it can’t rub.

@bamabrock posted the answer. It’s been covered extensively. @suprarx7nut gave the accurate condensed version if you don’t like reading.

Let’s not string the new guy along with shades of wishful thinking.

The thread starter is a high school kid. I gave him the correct answer. This isn't parrot4x4. Every answer isn't one tons.

FYI, I am currently running 285 BFGs on stock wheels...they fit fine, and after I added the spacers, I trimmed a tad...but fit fine.

Last edited:
So I’m browsing the craigslist is the Corona age and found some 35’ for a great price! Do any of you know if I could fit 35’ on a stock LX470 suspension?? I do have AHC :(

33 is all you need from the stock 31, 34's can be doable as well. Unfortunately not many run 35 around here. These rigs ain't for rock crawling so you won't find many mention size 35 or 37 talk like a jeep forum.

Watch this:

Y’all do realize lifting a 100 doesn’t affect up travel at all?? So if it fits lifted it fits stock. Yes you COULD run a 35 on a 100. I run a 315/75r16 which mind you is technically 34.5. But I’d have no qualms going to a true 35. I also run a 1.25” wheel spacer front and rear.

one major flaw is at full bump with the wheels turned your tires will rub the top of the fender arch. So running stock suspension at stock height you are much more likely to reach full bump. Aftermarket t bars and a lift makes it less likely.

So can you? Yes. Should you? I will say if you dd it, just don’t. I eat through front end components so so fast it’s unbelievable. Way more stress on bearings. Just not necessary. Especially on a DD.

PS, the only time I’ve ever rubber my fender arch is when my LCA broke in Moab where the t bar bracket meets the LCA. No rubbing otherwise. Daily or wheeling.

68AA7237-C89C-4E83-8A78-926F0FFFE200.jpeg

Last edited:
How close to 34 can the AHC run? I am reading lots of conflict info regarding that. I would rather not (AHC) lift and definitely do not want to body lift or use spacers.
Is 295/70r18 (34.49) too much? If so, would 275/70r18 (33.31) work? Right now I have 265/65r18 (32.1) and have plenty of space.

EDIT: Looks like 275/70r18 are ok with AHC

IMO, if you're going oversize, 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX - It measures out to 34.06"x11.1" - members here are running this size with an AHC lift.

img_0588-jpg.1460687

Otherwise, if you're running it as a daily driver and also want a very capable offroad vehicle with good dynamics, try a 255/85/16 ST MAXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom