SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms - Stock suspension - Will it work? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched but haven't been able to find my answer. Just bought a 2002 LX470 - while the upper ball joints aren't in critical condition, they are leaking and starting to rattle coming down the drive or driving in the fields (this is a farm truck now). I wanted to get them replaced, but the OEM (not OME) replacements are $500+ a piece, why would I do that when I can get some better ones that have grease fittings.

The question though is, will they work with stock suspension? The ACH has been deleted and swapped out for what I assume is LC suspension (was going to do that anyways, I didn't want the ACH). All the other aftermarket performance Uppers say they work with 1.5" lifts, I'm not looking to lift the truck at this time, so if I can use these I will go with the $800 set vs $1k for OEM.

Yes, the SPC uppers will work, BUT the adjustable proprietary ball joint really doesn’t benefit you at stock height, fewer people want to deal with installing, or properly adjusting them (and even fewer will do it correctly).

Last edited:
Another great option (imo at least :D) is our 555 Japanese complete arms. Japanese 555 ball joints (very proven) and Japenese bushings and arm too. Not a bad price considering the quality and ease of install

Right:

Left:

Another great option (imo at least :D) is our 555 Japanese complete arms. Japanese 555 ball joints (very proven) and Japenese bushings and arm too. Not a bad price considering the quality and ease of install

Right:

Left:

O nice, those are not a bad price. I called a few dealers and they wanted over 1k for a set...this is why I was looking at just getting upgraded ones, but those aren't to bad at all. Plus I wouldn't have to pull and repress the ones I have...even though I might just buy two 555s ball joints and have my current ones as spares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom