315/75/16 road tire advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you considered applying some sound deadening in your doors, rear quarters, floor, etc... Rather than spending money on yet another set of tires make the truck quieter with any tire installed.

Hi Corbet

yes I did. looking for a smoother ride as well.

I read an article in the current Overland Journal that had good things to say about the potential of Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Maybe worth a look. Not to hijack the thread - but I'll probably be looking for new 285's in the spring, and I'll need a good street and wheeling tire - so I'm considering these. Ultimately I want my truck set up so I can do the Kokopelli Trail in Moab - so I'm thinking to go up to a 2" Iron Man lift and 285's. I don't want to have to re-gear, and the :princess: has to be able to get in & out, so this is probably the limit for me.

Keep us posted on what you decide on Rami.

Kevin

Forum member GCRAD1's 80 on 315's.

7907800390_c79386e1bd_z.jpg

Any pictures with these mounted on an 80?

Hi Corbet

yes I did. looking for a smoother ride as well.

Then in that size I'd go with some Nitto TG or Yokohama AT/2. Mild ATs are slim pickings in 315s. I've run both in smaller sizes over the years and have been happy with both.

How about the falken wild peak at's. I have heard lots of good things about them.

If definitely you want to keep the tire size 315/76-16, go for Nitto Terra Grapple.
But i would suggest to looking for a lighter and thinner tire, for long trips, some near to 34", that way you will found quiet ride and more MPG

If you need a road tire, there is no need to get 315s. There are a lot more to choose from in 275 and 285 sizes.

No one likes Goodyear Silent Armors?
I've been running them for about 20k and very happy with them. Nice quiet road handling, great in the snow and sloppy Canadian winter. And wearing very well.
Not sure if they come 315 though.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

No one likes Goodyear Silent Armors?
I've been running them for about 20k and very happy with them. Nice quiet road handling, great in the snow and sloppy Canadian winter. And wearing very well.
Not sure if they come 315 though.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I would have for sure mentioned the Goodyear Silent Armor...but alas it does not come in the 315/75 flavor.

With what Pinhead said, however, I'll throw in the Michelin LTX AT 2 in 285/75/16 as my most likely candidate for dedicated road use. The Michelins wear forever and get phenomenal gas mileage.

Of course I have run the Silent Armors in the past and they are also excellent.

Rami,

almost forgot. If you can find a set of the Nokian Vatiiva A/T still laying around in a 315 that is a great quiet AT that is good in the snow too. Nokian has redesigned the tire and I think the new version is not available in a 315 :(

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11952

I used to run these on our dealership F250 we used to haul cars. Only tire I wanted with a loaded trailer behind me on Vail Pass in the winter. This is the tire I would run in the winter out here if I did not want studs.

I regeared to 4.88.
I am looking for a 315

corbet, the link you sent me shows 315/75/16
I'll call around to see availability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom