2nd gen 4runner?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a car for my daughter. Idiot T-boned her old 240 wagon. Anyway looking for a 4 door runner with a 22RE. Cars.com research says they came that way but can't find one for sale around here. Are they all really the 3.0 6cly ? Found lots of nice 1st gen , but she keeps whinning about wanting 4 doors.

I think the 22re is a pretty rare bird in the 2nd gen.....

I did see one, once and only once. Most were lux-o-ed out and came with the 6.

I've kicked myself for not buying that 4cyl several times.

I think it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack in the states.

whats 4 doors when you can have a remvable top? Shes gotta love that?

I've seen quite a few 4cyl 2nd gen for sale around here over the last few years...

I bet those evil Candians are slowing moving them all across the boarder ! I don't really know much about the 3.0 but what I read is almost always neg. Is it really something to stay away from and is the MPG as bad as I've heard? I see the 6cyl ones for sale here pretty cheap for thier condition.

2nd Gen are not really bad. I saw one here with the 3.0 V6 with 225K miles and still running. But if you really want a 4Runner, get the 3rd Gen, they have the 3.4 V6 which has more power than the 3.0. If you can find a 96-98 with a factory rear locking diff and low miles, grab them. My 2nd gen will go to my daughter when she gets her license this March. Oh good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom