1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd gen 4runner??

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by nailbender, Jul 30, 2005.

1. nailbender

nailbender

Looking for a car for my daughter. Idiot T-boned her old 240 wagon. Anyway looking for a 4 door runner with a 22RE. Cars.com research says they came that way but can't find one for sale around here. Are they all really the 3.0 6cly ? Found lots of nice 1st gen , but she keeps whinning about wanting 4 doors.

2. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I think the 22re is a pretty rare bird in the 2nd gen.....

I did see one, once and only once. Most were lux-o-ed out and came with the 6.

I've kicked myself for not buying that 4cyl several times.

I think it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack in the states.

3. Eric Winkworth

Eric Winkworth

whats 4 doors when you can have a remvable top? Shes gotta love that?

4. firetruck41

firetruck41

I've seen quite a few 4cyl 2nd gen for sale around here over the last few years...

5. nailbender

nailbender

I bet those evil Candians are slowing moving them all across the boarder ! I don't really know much about the 3.0 but what I read is almost always neg. Is it really something to stay away from and is the MPG as bad as I've heard? I see the 6cyl ones for sale here pretty cheap for thier condition.

6. 4x4CPOSEADOG

4x4CPOSEADOG

2nd Gen are not really bad. I saw one here with the 3.0 V6 with 225K miles and still running. But if you really want a 4Runner, get the 3rd Gen, they have the 3.4 V6 which has more power than the 3.0. If you can find a 96-98 with a factory rear locking diff and low miles, grab them. My 2nd gen will go to my daughter when she gets her license this March. Oh good luck.