2f status (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey folks been a while since i needed anything. here's what i am after. i've run my 2f since i was 16, now 23. put 145k miles on it after a rebuild at about 80k. (a crapy rebuild where the rings were oversized) thathow i got it, wouldn't have done it myself. i cant do a compression test cuz i am lazy, and don't care to just yet.

i want to know., as i have only driven v8 conversions, how my 2f should feel.
i drove an f, and my was slighty more powerful, but i have headers, weber 38/38, D.U.I dist., three over on the cylinders, and no emissions.

the engine power tappers off at about 2200rpms. i assumes this is abnormal. can cruz on highway at 70-75mph, but find it slows down on hills about 1000rpms. on a typical uphill its rather slow. i would like to lay a scratch on the cement but find it dubiously hard. 32x11.5's.

can someone do anything with this, other than make fun of it. i know not how a strong 2f feels.

johnny

Must not have been to bad of a rebuild to run 65k miles. I would suggest you do a compression check and stop trying to make a scratch on the payment. It is not a mustang brother.

Sounds right on to me. But you'd have to describe the "power dropoff" above 2200 RPM a little better. THat is above the max torque output of the motor, so that might be what you are feeling.

Some folks should not be allowed to own a 2f :flipoff2:

Laying rubber with a Land Cruiser should be considered grounds for immediate confiscation of said abused vehicle :flipoff2:

Contemplating doing so should be punished severely :flipoff2:

Kirk

If you want to lay some rubber you just need to try reverse :D or lock the hubs with lockers and drive circles in a parking lot :beer:

largenfirm said:
Some folks should not be allowed to own a 2f :flipoff2:

Laying rubber with a Land Cruiser should be considered grounds for immediate confiscation of said abused vehicle :flipoff2:

Contemplating doing so should be punished severely :flipoff2:

Kirk

I guess the pictures of the LSLC burnout contest would not be of interest to you then?

Texican said:
I guess the pictures of the LSLC burnout contest would not be of interest to you then?

post em up.. i'm interested.

i have occasionally found the need to spin my 33's, you see the PO bought all terrains, and i want muddies. gotta accelerate their wear somehow. i have also occasionally found the need to replace the pinion bearings in my rear diff following such a session.

What's your timing set at? With the components you've got on there, the only thing I can think of is that you're running out of advance.

geeze feluhs, i aint racin the thing. i treat the engine nicely, laying a scratch is a form of diagnosis to me. obviously, as i assumed, the inability for the 2f to do so is quite normal. i don't care who you are or what you drive, laying a scratch is always a good laugh.

timing, couldn't really tell you. (but the DUI does odd things when engine is at idle. once its warmed up i have to turn the motor off then back on for the rpms to sit at 650)
a thought, yes i know, is low high altitude jets on the weber, here at 200f sealevel. (yes i have the other jets but been to lazy to put them in.)

it just seems i've been losing power lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom