2f crate motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Were is the best place to get a 2f remanufactured motor. Mine has quit a few miles on it and I don't want to do a GM swap I like the 2f. But just wondering were I can get a new rebuilt one. Thank you

Given your location, Bearing Service in Portland. Ask for Brian and let him know what you want. My 2F was built to spec and runs perfectly. Send me a PM and we can talk about it if you like.

Dave

Spector also has what they call a serviced motor...they have a brief video posted on their website as well...Can be had a bit cheaper if your a club member

Pulled mine out and sent it to machine shop for complete overhaul. Not sure if I got a good deal or not but it cost me $2K.

2K sounds pretty cheap. I have been told a typical rebuild is around 3K

There is a guy in Wimberley Texas who does nothing but Cruiser rebuilds - he told my dad that he would not touch an overhaul for under 2500 (he obviously did not do mine), so I guess that will be one thing on this cruiser where I can actually boast getting a good deal.

... but now you've got me thinking, maybe I paid 2900 and for some reason 1900 is in my head. I decided a long time ago (and many thousands of dollars ago) not to keep too close an accounting just in case the wife asks what I've spent. Plausible deniability.

I got one here sitting that i just got back together and i know what it cost me at the machine shop and dealership and it was not cheap. Too bad the buyer backed out at the last minute. Then again i went thru with new cam / lifters, and pistons , and a new oil pump so it was done right the first time. Depending what all is needed inside 2500 is a good price for tearing it down , rebuilding correctly .

It's pretty much a Chevy straight six, any local shop that does quality work should be able to do it. If you go with $pector or Man-it aint-Fre shipping will kill you.

I've never worn out a 2F so I have no idea on cost. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom