2F and 4spd, whats it worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

without compression #'s, tough to say, I've sold 2 good motors, decent comp. last year for $400-500. maybe another $50 for the 4 speed.

also will matter what year 2F, early domed piston, later flat top piston with drilled block for PS mount

worth

yup he told you right ----that seems to be the going rate, but compression is the big variable.

a low mileage or rebuilt one should fetch more

it's nice to get the tranny, xfer, and engine all together and drop it in whole if you can

also will matter what year 2F, early domed piston, later flat top piston with drilled block for PS mount

Its from a '76.[/QUOTE]

to me, that's worth less, especially without any #'s. You hear it all the time, ran great when pulled, no oil use, blah blah blah.
then you start asking more ?'s and it's sat outside for 3 years.

Its from a '76.[/QUOTE]

Yep 400 max for a 2f. And that is knowing it runs and the history behind it.

Tranny maybe 50-100.

Personally I'd be looking for a 2f out of a 60 series. Just better all around and are going to be around the same price.

History is the biggest kicker though. For instance I have a 2f sitting in my engine stand out of a 76 with 130k on it. Pulled it out running. If that is all you knew about it it would sound like an okay deal. Until I told you it came from a vehicle that had been drug out of the woods, the head was rebuilt, the #5 piston had been re-honed and me and the last 2 owners beat the hell out of it weekly. Without a full rebuild I wouldn't wish that motor to anyone.

If you just want something to get you buy until you can get something rebuilt. I'd seriously reconsider that. You open up a whole can of worms putting a used donor motor in your vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom