2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
20230802_000354.jpg

Man I got invited to shoot there tonight but couldn't make it work. Wish I could have made it!

How large do you think you can go with tires without cutting?

How beefy are the IFS components - more similar to 200 or 4Runner?

I think it's got as much or more room then we've seen in previous models. 35's won't take too much imo.

20230802_001019.jpg

20230802_001009.jpg

20230802_002939.jpg

Thank you both for sharing !!!! 🫶🏽.

Looks like the middle trim for me, even though I really like everything of the simplicity of the lower 1958 !

I shall see the price tag... that would really determine it for me !

Again, thank you VERY MUCH all for contributing to this thread, and to @cruiseroutfit and to @cruiserdan for sharing !!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Any idea what front differential it has?

Hard to see, but looks just like the 300/600 variant. I’ve got a loose 300/600 front and rear diff avail to inspect/compare when time allows.

Just to
I'm excited to finally be able to talk about this neat platform. It’s been an extremely busy few days with this LC project and before that with the GX550. I need to drive my FJ40 around for a few minutes and reset my brain so I can put words together.

Short answer, I give it two thumbs up.

View attachment 3390123
Just to hop on here. I'm super STOKED on this new LC. So much unnecessary negativity (mostly speculation) surrounding this truck. Seeing even these pre-production prototypes up close, I'm stoked. 2 things I don't like: The shiny black on the door handles and mirrors don't tickle me in the right place. Interior: The glovebox was surprisingly small, but it has a big center console storage.

The radiator is no where near the front bumper. You can see a lot of thought was put into how we might modify this truck (room for a winch in there). It's wearing 33's in the photo. 35s seem like they will fit without modification. People crying about HP/torque specs, but it also won't weigh NEAR what a 200 series weighs. Cockpit was super comfy. Cruiserdan said something to the effect of it being a modernized yet familiar to how his 80 series feels. A/C vents look straight out of a 6x or 7x series.

Lot's of guys talking about what other brands this looks like. I see elements of a bunch of different LC series with a modern updates.

I will always love my 40 series, but as of today, I am planning to buy this new LC.

IMG_5664.png

And..... I am officially sad. These LC250 are "almost" perfect. The 1958 is "almost" everything I want, and non of what I don't want ! F---me ! It does not have, or at least this pre-production one, rear AC vents ! That shi7 is important to me, to my kids, and my baby Wally ! Part of the reason I was this close to import a LC80 from South America, the rear vents. ! Arghhhhh.... I really do like the cheaper LC250 despite all the things that might not be "perfectly" right, but this non AC rear vents biz is really a deal breaker for me ! I have to see what the mid trim costs, and will take it from there vs. GX550. Dang, almost PERFECT for me !!! LOL.

🤦‍♀️🤣
For what it's worth, it DOES have rear A/C vents, and USB charging ports on the back of the center console.

Huge letdown after they announced an updated 70 series. For a minute, I thought that was coming to the US, and that would have been really cool for truck enthusiasts.
Once again, the 70 Series won’t be sold in the US. It doesn’t meet US crash protection or emissions standards. Also, Toyota has years long waiting lists for the 70 series in the markets where they already sell it.

I am very disappointed in this vehicle. No manual transmission even though they put it in the Tacoma?
I’ve been telling everyone for months that there would be no manual transmission in the US market.

Just to

Just to hop on here. I'm super STOKED on this new LC. So much unnecessary negativity (mostly speculation) surrounding this truck. Seeing even these pre-production prototypes up close, I'm stoked. 2 things I don't like: The shiny black on the door handles and mirrors don't tickle me in the right place. Interior: The glovebox was surprisingly small, but it has a big center console storage.

The radiator is no where near the front bumper. You can see a lot of thought was put into how we might modify this truck (room for a winch in there). It's wearing 33's in the photo. 35s seem like they will fit without modification. People crying about HP/torque specs, but it also won't weigh NEAR what a 200 series weighs. Cockpit was super comfy. Cruiserdan said something to the effect of it being a modernized yet familiar to how his 80 series feels. A/C vents look straight out of a 6x or 7x series.

Lot's of guys talking about what other brands this looks like. I see elements of a bunch of different LC series with a modern updates.

I will always love my 40 series, but as of today, I am planning to buy this new LC.

View attachment 3390185
**** yeah man. I'm super pumped about it too.
It has such cool throwbacks to my 60 without it being too... FJ cruisery. I do have some questions and concerns though. Clearly at least to me, the round headlights are the business, but I am concerned about the superior optioning on the mid level only having square headlights (and Im sure the top tier will be bought up immediately).

Did you get a sense of if you could get any of the mid tier options on the 58 (or at least round lights on a mid tier)?
Do all levels have the cooler box?
How does it feel?
How hard do you think its going to be to chop that back hatch into a split gate?

Short of Toyota moving 4Runner production to Mexico I can't think of one reason why it won't be preferable to the LC250 in its the 4Runner Trailhunter and TRD-Pro trims. It is virtually impossible to equip or price them worse.

I predict they will have the same exact engine, the same lockers and disconnect as the Tacoma, better geometry. Even at $60k for a Trailhunter and $65k for a TRD-Pro I think they will be equal or better to the LC250's. Toyota is going to have to be very creative to keep them down market of this.
My bet is that the 4Runner trims will all have a part-time 4WD system. Personally, I prefer full-time 4WD.

So if I want a third row AND a rear locker, no LC, no GX, no LX.. Sequoia only. But then I lose AWD.

Lol Toyota wtf are you doing? This isn't that hard.

I'm having a hard time understanding how Toyota is positioning the Land Cruiser, it slots above the 4Runner to be the premium BOF for Toyota yet there is no mention of X-REAS or any Adaptive Suspension, either basic or premium.

Did I miss it among the multitude of reviews?

Looks like it has an electronic sway bar disconnect...new for them?

I suspect they are assuming these vehicles will be modified by the aftermarket crowd....so leave off the tricked out suspension that would get removed quickly. Or they will be adding an Trail Finder / TRD edition that will have additional enhancements.

The one thing I really despised about XREAS and the previous KDSS was how expensive it was to repair and very prone to leaking. I had both my 470 and wife's 4R replaced under warranty...thankfully because it wasn't cheap. The service advisors were always complaining about them. It was pretty common for me to run into at least one or two folks getting theirs replaced every time I was in for service.

I have my fingers crossed the e-KDSS addresses the short comings of the previous generation otherwise I'm reading the fine print in any extended warranty that this is covered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom