TLCA 2023 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not little sluice, wrong trail, those are the winch hills on Fordyce.

Little Sluice is REALLY hard in a full size truck right now

I was just there and had to winch DOWN it :lol:

Little Sluice is REALLY hard in a full size truck right now

I was just there and had to winch DOWN it :lol:
I ran it a few weeks before SAS :cool: No spotter one shot.

I got really wedged where you were at the 50 second mark (going the other way).

C3AE6646-C2E9-4BE2-81B5-17C45627233B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a great time up there! I see Nick, Sean and Ethan made it up! Can't wait to get up there myself

Looks like a great time up there! I see Nick, Sean and Ethan made it up! Can't wait to get up there myself
Ethen Did great He only had to winch on Winch hill 4 . Earlier in the week we drove over to the Rubicon and spent a few days on it . Ethen broke his Rear driveline going up Big Sluice .

Ethen Did great He only had to winch on Winch hill 4 . Earlier in the week we drove over to the Rubicon and spent a few days on it . Ethen broke his Rear driveline going up Big Sluice .
That's awesome! I'd like to get in there next year maybe with just one of the boys, but we'll see. I heard Big Sluice has some more exposed rock this time, so things happen.

Let me guess , the dline got broke in the rock garden ?
My guess is at the top, big outcropping of rocks with a large drop off/ ledge
Everyone was have trouble there when I was there a month a go. It's the only place I had to winch smashed my transfer & gas tank skid plates pretty good

Its down below that, the spot that is only 50 yards long but solid rock and many, many a drive line have fallen there, and yes, the top of BS seems to be a mess however after both jamborees and the Rivian crew it should be smoothed out or at least the breakage causers moved.

Let me guess , the dline got broke in the rock garden ?
Its down below that, the spot that is only 50 yards long but solid rock and many, many a drive line have fallen there, and yes, the top of BS seems to be a mess however after both jamborees and the Rivian crew it should be smoothed out or at least the breakage causers moved.
Are you answering your own question or explaining where the rock garden is ?

IMHO the spot at the top was the hardest on the Big sluice this year, I walked right through the rest

Oh yeah, I got to pass the Rivian group on my way out. They had a whole support crew of full time spotters and a drone guy. Total clowns :lol:

He broke about 15 feet Past where I told him to stop. And let me get to the top so I can come back and help him . 🤦🏻‍♂️ When I got back I noticed his rear tires were not spinning and as I got closer I was able to pick up his driveline and hand it to him 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ While he was still trying to free himself 🤔. You know 15 feet past where I told him to stop and wait 😃. It’s all good I got to test my winch as I had to pull him in 180 turn on big sluice To get him pointing down again . I towed him back to the springs . He was able to get a piece of Tube from Mark ( camp host ) and we cut and welded up a driveline in camp . 👍.

Now let’s see if we can get this Back to the Wagon Run 😃.

As of right now I believe we are at 18 rigs

I strongly suggest bringing some rain gear. This time of year anything can happen .

I will be able to give radio frequencies for those that need them . I use gmrs now but also have a ham .

I will be at Loon Tue eve and we are leaving at 8:30 sharp Wed morning. So if you want to stroll in at 8:35 you are on your own . We have a decent size group and I want to get everyone to Buck around 5ish pm. Not am. 😃.

There are bears and they are active so keep that in mind

Weather. : I was there last week and it was nice . Sweatshirt at night for sure . But I know this past weekend they got hit with a hail storm and rain all night so plan for the worst .

I'll take the radio frequency when you get a chance. I'll be at Loon early afternoon Tuesday, without crap on the roof rack this time to make me as tippy :p

Hey Jeff. This Damon and Ella. Late edition that defected from the Thu run.

Looking forward to the run! See you at 730 at the trail head for lineup.

Would love the HAM list as well…. I remember Ross sending it out but can’t find that email

Hey Jeff. This Damon and Ella. Late edition that defected from the Thu run.

Looking forward to the run! See you at 730 at the trail head for lineup.

Would love the HAM list as well…. I remember Ross sending it out but can’t find that email
ii cant send them right now but will have a list with me

I can not send them right now. but will have a list with me

I can not send them right now. but will have a list with me
Not a worry… thanks Jeff

For the 80 guys….
I play the game of rear sway or no rear sway. What say you???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom