TLCA 2023 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a Side note if this does get pushed 🤷‍♂️ And I think it will . A few of us are still going to give it a go in June . If interested in joining us send me a message . Nothing official or anything like that . This will be more just to see how far we can get really . Maybe we call it the From Dust to Rust run 🤷‍♂️Lol

Ok Guys As much as it pains me to say this. I Talked to Ross a little today and I pushed him move the event back to Aug /Sept. I don’t know what dates could work yet . I know I know it sucks on many levels and will effect some not being able to make it . I do not know yet if he will push. But I feel for safety reasons it should be done. Do I think some can get through yes . Do I think we will fight and be in survival mode just to get through yes and I don’t want to do that with a large group of people I do not know . This is supposed to be a fun trip . No one knows if we can even get through yet. And it’s still snowing 🤦🏻‍♂️ I myself and many others are going First week of Aug then going over to Fordyce for Sierra trek . Of course I will still lead when and if the date changes. Just want to kinda give a heads up that I would say there is a 80 percent chance things push .
Well, it's been a hell of a year of snow. But I think this is the right call. Even on easy years there is a bunch of carnage. Imagine pressing things this year. Would not be an enjoyable experience. So we still meeting up there in June to run it anyway. I think my 85 is lite enough without anything to make it.

Well, it's been a hell of a year of snow. But I think this is the right call. Even on easy years there is a bunch of carnage. Imagine pressing things this year. Would not be an enjoyable experience. So we still meeting up there in June to run it anyway. I think my 85 is lite enough without anything to make it.
Yes some are going to give it a go in June. Just a small group. We will see how far we can get

So if you have not seen. Rubithon has been rescheduled to Sept 6-10 . I understand this may not work for some of you 😞. I know a good portion of the Wagon Run will be going in Aug as a unofficial run then we will head over to Sierra Trek . Sept will be the Official Wagon Run

And if it makes you guys feel better I just ate 3400 bucks on a house I had rented 🤮. Neat .

So if you have not seen. Rubithon has been rescheduled to Sept 6-10 . I understand this may not work for some of you 😞. I know a good portion of the Wagon Run will be going in Aug as a unofficial run then we will head over to Sierra Trek . Sept will be the Official Wagon Run
Got it. Where else was it announced? Or is it an inside info you received first. It's not yet in the official 35th Rubithon thread here nor in the official Rubithon site.

Yes it is 🤦🏻‍♂️ Believe it or not I do kinda know since I am the trail leader 🙄.

Got it. Where else was it announced? Or is it an inside info you received first. It's not yet in the official 35th Rubithon thread here nor in the official Rubithon site.
It’s Official. Ross put it out this afternoon. Search Rubithon.

Proof 😳

5DBCFB2C-841A-4DD3-BB3D-EB1BD63B7AA7.png

CDED6773-181F-4A45-98B8-E0EB9AAFD249.png

I'll see all of you that can make it in September. New job in a new place for me still, so burning more time off to go twice this year isn't quite possible yet. Think I'll take the family on a little road trip in June in the Sequoia to hold us over until September.

So we're at 30 days until we go. How's everyone's final preparations going? Is there a final rig count for this run after the date change? Also for anyone at Sierra Trek, have a great time!

Rubithon prep, throw some stuff in the truck & lets go.
I can't wait until I've had this one long enough to do that for bigger trips. It's still changing bit by bit and is also my daily on days I'm not on the Yamaha, but it's almost there!

Took me 20 years to get to a reasonable comfort level and I still run thru everything top to bottom takes a day, I usually split it over 2 evenings, I do a rig check, fluids, bolts, batts, tools, spares, its a walk around and 20 mins with wrench check, I can run thru my mechanical pretty quick, I check shackles, motor, tcase mounts, ubolts, dline, steering, & misc, then its onto packing, tent, ez-up, chairs, bags , + misc like shower etc. go in roof bag, pack fridge, , put grill which has 4 bottles under lid in , pack small action packer for dry food, and pretty much done save personal gear, all the little s*** is residual in the truck, shovel, duct tape, small rope, tarps, deep woods, advil, glasses, all my parts, tools, and most kitchen stuff stays onboard. I use an 11 gal sprayer for water, hand pump, I took the spray tip off and put a Valve, I hang it off side of truck while on trail for drink, wash, its quick and its pressurized, really nice to be able to wash up real quick after rock rolling or whatever.

It’s to dusty I don’t know

Looks like a great time up there! I see Nick, Sean and Ethan made it up! Can't wait to get up there myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom