2022 Tundra Revealed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That grill looks like this...

1634076682653.jpeg

It’s starting to look pretty attractive to me. The Straight Pipes released their initial review today, and I always appreciate their videography. It was looking pretty good in that video.

That bottom lip up front is still pretty bad. I think color matching that low bumper section on the front could help out a ton.

Digital camo trim and massive video screens!
Should bring some serious bro cred to the truck.

Watched a ten minute introductory video and I can't remember one meaningful thing about the bed other than its made of some lightweight material.

Oh and big props to Toyota for running an FJ45 with a flipped bezel in the 30 second national ad.
The bed is made of "some lightweight material".... crap. aluminum beds and honestly aluminum body panels have almost no place on a truck.

I'd be embarrassed to drive that abomination. And I do not embarrass too easily.

Toyota used to make very attractive looking trucks.

Toyoya certainly did make very attractive vehicles. It has gone downhill ever since the 55 😂

AD36690E-A247-4B07-86E3-D00D7E134D59.jpeg

Last edited:
The bed is made of "some lightweight material".... crap. aluminum beds and honestly aluminum body panels have almost no place on a truck.

Its a composite bed just like the 3rd gen Tacomas.

How well does it hold up?

I never saw any complaints on Tacoma World about the composite bed but those guys aren't using the bed like you'd use the bed.

It looks better after a few beers.

My problem is the weak payload rating. 1450lbs for a crew cab non-hybrid SR5. That’s less than my 15 year-old Honda Ridgeline. So, pile in a few dudes and their gear and 3/4 of your payload is gone right there. Assuming an average 15% trailer tongue weight, a 4000lb trailer would then put you over your max payload rating. It’ll be worse for hybrids and higher trim levels because they’re heavier. If you’re gonna spend that kind of coin might as well get something with real capability.

Nice truck, but it’s a grocery getter.

Last edited:
I never saw any complaints on Tacoma World about the composite bed but those guys aren't using the bed like you'd use the bed.
That’s where I was going. I think I am the minority in that regard though so I understand if it’s not a big priority.

It looks better after a few beers.

My problem is the weak payload rating. 1450lbs for a crew cab non-hybrid SR5. That’s less than my 15 year-old Honda Ridgeline. So, pile in a few dudes and their gear and 3/4 of your payload is gone right there. Assuming an average 15% trailer tongue weight, a 4000lb trailer would then put you over your max payload rating. It’ll be worse for hybrids and higher trim levels because they’re heavier. If you’re gonna spend that kind of coin might as well get something with real capability.

Nice truck, but it’s a grocery getter.

But you don't understand... it. has. camo. graphics.

2022_Toyota_Tundra_TRD_PRO_urban-camo.jpg

:princess:

Will there ever be a world where somebody pines to own a 25+ year old 2022 Tundra?

Nope. But if I could find a 97 T100 4x4 with a manual transmission I'd sure snap it up.

It looks like it's made to be in Star Wars, I will never understand why emulating a storm trooper or some intergalactic fantasy BS is what's popular. The general public will love it though and I imagine it well sell quite well, I guess that's why my opinion doesn't matter :rofl:

Looks like the new Tundra configurator is finally up. The smaller screen on the SR5 is much more reasonable. It's beyond me why anyone would want anything bigger than this in a vehicle.

9fdf378446ede01a352ef2942f0c7e2dd78ebaa06d123685e3d8e52d71dd05fe.png

The main issue is payload, or lack there of.
Less than a Maverick

Edit: it’s more than a maverick (1500lbs) but not much

Last edited:
Am I missing something? 1600 pounds seems reasonable for a half ton.

tundra.JPG

That little asterisk next to max payload is worth a look. The new Tundras in the wild have door jamb stickers showing 1450lbs max payload for a Limited Crew Cab. Hybrids will be less. That's less than a Ridgeline (1550lbs), Maverick, or Tacoma.

Wanna tow a 40, tractor, or dump trailer? What's the tongue weight of a 7000lb trailer? 10-15% tongue weight could easily be 1000lbs. Add two corn fed CLCC bros and you’re at or over the payload rating.

That little asterisk next to max payload is worth a look. The new Tundras in the wild have door jamb stickers showing 1450lbs max payload for a Limited Crew Cab. Hybrids will be less. That's less than a Ridgeline (1550lbs), Maverick, or Tacoma.

Wanna tow a 40, tractor, or dump trailer? What's the tongue weight of a 7000lb trailer? 10-15% tongue weight could easily be 1000lbs. Add two corn fed CLCC bros and you’re at or over the payload rating.
Ridge line can tow 5k
Maverick can tow 4k
Tacoma can tow almost 7k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom