2022 Tundra Revealed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like the new Sequoia. Tundra, not so much.

1651580321090.png

Yeah I have my eye on those as well. I'm really hoping they mimic the Tundra flavors and have an SR5 TRD Offroad version with cloth seats and not hybrid. I put a deposit down at a dealer for a GR Corolla and I asked them about the Sequoias. He said they're in the same situation with the Sequoias, no info, no idea when they'll actually see any on the lot. But he said he would take another $1k to put me at the top of the list. :grinpimp:

Yeah I have my eye on those as well. I'm really hoping they mimic the Tundra flavors and have an SR5 TRD Offroad version with cloth seats and not hybrid. I put a deposit down at a dealer for a GR Corolla and I asked them about the Sequoias. He said they're in the same situation with the Sequoias, no info, no idea when they'll actually see any on the lot. But he said he would take another $1k to put me at the top of the list. :grinpimp:

For MSRP??

For the GR Corolla? Yes. My uncle personally knows the owner of a Toyota dealer in Columbia, SC so he made an introduction. I'm first in line for a Circuit Edition but I won't see it until early next year.

For the GR Corolla? Yes. My uncle personally knows the owner of a Toyota dealer in Columbia, SC so he made an introduction. I'm first in line for a Circuit Edition but I won't see it until early next year.

That GR Corolla looks sweet! Any idea when you might get your hands on it?

That GR Corolla looks sweet! Any idea when you might get your hands on it?
I'm holding out for a Circuit Edition in gray so I probably won't have it until early next year. The Core edition should be hitting dealer lots soon. Not surprisingly the dealers have no information on timing or allotments.

Sounds like typical Toyota right now! 12-18 months for an awd Sienna. Can’t buy a new sequoia or a Gr Corolla if you want to.

The owner's manual for the GR Corolla was just posted. I was originally thinking about waiting on the Circuit Edition but the care guide for the forged carbon fiber roof is outrageous. It's 12 pages long (attached).

Attachments

• Pages from OM12P76U.pdf
    433.2 KB · Views: 47
I might have to reconsider the Core edition. I don't like red or white cars and Black is the only other option.

download (2).png
download (1).png
download.png
download (3).png

Doug just posted a good review of the GR Corolla Circuit

Doug just posted a good review of the GR Corolla Circuit

Pretty cool car, but this Doug guy annoyed the s*** out of me. Got about 2 mins in and had to stop.

I didn't even need to watch the video. One look and I realized it won't make it up my driveway. I'll pass :cheers:

My local dealer called yesterday and told me they had their first one coming. Built 11/29, shipped 12/8, eta 1/5. It was a ice white Core edition with all the packages (cold weather, technology, performance). MSRP $40,048. They wanted another $3k market adjustment plus another $3k for dealer installed ceramic and film. Non-negotiable on those two items. I told them I'd pay $41,500. He emailed back last night and said someone took it at the $46k they were asking.

Yeah that seems to be the norm right now. But they are just trickling in. Toyota's allocation plan for GRCs is every dealer will get one nationwide, then dealers with the highest volume will get more, weighting dealers higher the more GR86s and Supras they've moved. So the smaller dealers know they only get one bite of the apple and are taking advantage. That's not to say the big boys aren't marking them up as well. Koons is listing theirs with a $15k ADM, and that doesn't even include their BS $899 "document" fee. :rolleyes:

Koons.JPG

As far as I've read, Toyota is still planning on importing ~6000 GRCs this model year with at least 2 more model years of production after. I'm hoping all this ADM crap dies down by the time the Circuit Edition ships. The dealer I'm in with has ADMs of $1500-2000 list on all their Tacomas and Sequoias so I'm banking on a friend-of-the-owner deal getting mine for MSRP.

My local dealer called yesterday and told me they had their first one coming. Built 11/29, shipped 12/8, eta 1/5. It was a ice white Core edition with all the packages (cold weather, technology, performance). MSRP $40,048. They wanted another $3k market adjustment plus another $3k for dealer installed ceramic and film. Non-negotiable on those two items. I told them I'd pay $41,500. He emailed back last night and said someone took it at the $46k they were asking.

Adding on overpriced crap that you can no longer opt out of is becoming the new price gouging as manufacturers are starting to crack down on the "market adjustments". TBH I think this is going to kill the appeal of cars in general to the next generation since they're so far out of reach now

Yeah that's what I'm getting at. A GR corolla could be the modern day dodge neon which all the young car people in the 90s had but instead its the price of a decent 3/4 series BMW after a markup which is way more car

I think the ADMs are going to come down quick with each successive tranche of vehicles. Within a few months you won't be able to find anyone who'll admit they paid more than MSRP for their GRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom