TLCA 2020 Fall Crawl Information page (Official) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone tell me if the "Camping & land use event fee" of $90 includes all passengers? Or is there an extra fee for adults and/or children that are camping?
From in the past it is a "per person" kind of deal. In the past they have given us a "weekend rate" rather than a "per day" rate.

They are about the only game in town but have not spiked up their prices. I think this is in line with what we paid in years past.

Wow. Bummer! I didn’t hear about this and haven’t been on the forum much recently. Hate I missed registration. I may sign up for the waiting list. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Definitely get on the waiting list!

Are shirts not happening this year ?

Due to the uncertainty with events this year, we decided to go with masks. 1) because they are appropriate given the situation and 2) because they do not take as much lead time as shirts, so we can order closer to the event date.
If you would like to order an event shirt, you can get them from reefmonkey.com (search fall crawl).

Sh#t i haven’t been on here since the night I joined CLCC back in February I think. I thought everything was cancelled. Been a bad year since then. Wife left, Covid hit, mother died last week. I need some good times. I’m on the waiting list and plan to go to the swap meet this month so I’ll have my fingers crossed.

Sh#t i haven’t been on here since the night I joined CLCC back in February I think. I thought everything was cancelled. Been a bad year since then. Wife left, Covid hit, mother died last week. I need some good times. I’m on the waiting list and plan to go to the swap meet this month so I’ll have my fingers crossed.
PM sent

Newbie here. Looking forward to this event. Is it safe to assume that you would pay camping fees on the day of arrival?

Thanks,
AJ

Newbie here. Looking forward to this event. Is it safe to assume that you would pay camping fees on the day of arrival?

Thanks,
AJ

From what the info page says ,,, yes you pay that portion when you arrive at the Cove. Looking around at other threads and things online cash might be the best thing to pay in, but I am a newbie as well and this will be my first event.
So from one newbie to another... welcome and I look forward to meeting you... Looks like your closer to me then most of the rest of the folks here about... I am in Catonsville.
What are you driving?

Thanks,
AJ

Yes camping fees will be paid directly to The Cove when you get there. They do have a credit card machine there as well.

Thanks,
AJ

They take plastic. You pay them directly at the main entrance for the camping and wheeling.

From what the info page says ,,, yes you pay that portion when you arrive at the Cove. Looking around at other threads and things online cash might be the best thing to pay in, but I am a newbie as well and this will be my first event.
So from one newbie to another... welcome and I look forward to meeting you... Looks like your closer to me then most of the rest of the folks here about... I am in Catonsville.
What are you driving?

Thanks! I guess I should update my signature but I have a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro. I was at the MS Overland event in Covington, VA this past weekend with my buddy Graham who will also be in attendance at this event. He has a '92 Land Cruiser. Looking forward to it.

Well, it's been a while since we've posted an update on the event...

We've been busy...

I'm kind of excited to show off the signature items that will be in every registered driver's swag bag:

A trail safe silicone pint "glass" will come in handy during Saturday's Happy Hour.
Pint_glass_logo.jpg

This seemed a timely alternative to an event T-shirt* <-- this is a link to reefmonkey.com's Fall Crawl page, where you can order Fall Crawl merchandise in time to wear it during the event.

gaiter_mockup.PNG

And an improved map:

map_spnsr_0930.png

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND downloading the "Maprika" app (more info on their website: Maprika) from your app store onto your Ipad/Iphone/Android device, then search for "BGORC", which stands for Black Goat Off Road, and download their map of the Cove. DO THIS AT HOME, BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE COVE. There is very limited cellular coverage once you turn off RT 50.

Last edited:
@Stumpalama any updates on cost?

If we're paying the Cove's regular rates, it looks like I'm at $70/night for camping--any idea yet what the trails will cost per day with extra adult/child passengers? Just trying to get my arms around the grand total so I can decide whether to do this or take the family to a boutique hotel for the weekend. :rofl:

@Stumpalama any updates on cost?

If we're paying the Cove's regular rates, it looks like I'm at $70/night for camping--any idea yet what the trails will cost per day with extra adult/child passengers? Just trying to get my arms around the grand total so I can decide whether to do this or take the family to a boutique hotel for the weekend. :rofl:
I hope to have a definitive answer tonight.

An event update email was sent to all registrants last night. If you didn't see it, please check your Spam/Junk email folder. There is important information in there, including a PRE-EVENT DRIVER SURVEY <--this is a link. Please use this link if you can't find the email.

This survey will help us plan for trail leaders based on how many people sign up for group trail rides at each difficulty level.

We love having new drivers and we were all "new" once. If you are new to off-road driving, be sure to say so, we can accommodate all experience levels and we are happy to share knowledge we have learned over our years of wheeling.

PSA: Trail leaders are volunteers who are there to do just that, lead the group. They are not guides, trainers, exclusive spotters, hand holders or Sherpas. Off-roading is a Team Sport, and each member of the group is encouraged to contribute, within their capabilities and comfort levels, of course. Everyone is expected to assess their own personal level of risk acceptance, understanding that off-road driving, by its very nature, incurs an inherent level of risk of body/mechanical damage. Simply put, if you sign up for a BLUE level trail ride in a stock 200 Series or a freshly restored stock FJ40 with no body armor, you can expect to get some dents or dings (or worse). If you are going to join a group ride, please be honest with yourself and sign up for the ride that is within your skill level, your rig's capabilities, and the amount of damage you are willing to accept.

Trial Leaders are the last word, full stop. They have the right to send people to another group or back to camp, if they feel someone is in over their head or is driving or conducting themselves in an unsafe manner.

Our Trail Leaders will do their best, but since the Cove is relatively new to our club as well, many Trail Leaders are not 100% familiar with the trail system and there may be some back tracking and "exploration" involved in your trail ride.

The preceding is not meant to scare anyone or in anyway discourage folks from testing their comfort levels, it is merely a gentle reminder we are all out here to have a FUN and SAFE time.

Cheers,

The CLCC Crew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom