TLCA 2020 Fall Crawl Information page (Official) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the unit I am running.... I have used it on a few trail rides with others that just had FRS handheld radios and it worked like a charm. Clean and clear... we were in a small group but it was working fine.
Got mine at Bass Pro. Easy to setup since it comes with a 12v plugin for the dash but I plan on mounting it later on and running a better antenna and mount then the magnetic one it comes with... it works but not as ... professional as I would like it to appear so I will get a mount and s 3DB gain ghost one that they sell.View attachment 2466039
Paging @emorth

Found the manual for the MXT115. It has the coded squelch (page 18) and repeater capabilities (page 23) to communicate with the CLCC radios on 8 simplex (direct radio to radio) and 3 repeater channels. The channel numbers are different i.e. CLCC channel 1 is Midland channel 15. We will have one repeater on the air at Fall Crawl so we have comms from one side of the mountain to the other. Channel TBD.

Details here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Is a GMRS radio required for this event? I do not have one and have no knowledge about them. All I have is a CB and walkie talkies. I’m guessing that a GMRS radio requires a license? Excuse my ignorance.

Do you have you manual?
Pretty straightforward crosswalk of the frequencies to channels.

Essentially, the Uniden channels are the same as the Midland channels.

You may have to program your radio for the specific CTCSS codes for each channel, but I've never used them so I don't know for sure.

1602863562547.png

From the UNIDEN manual:

1602863457268.png

1602863417218.png

Missing the repeater capability. Not a big deal, not necessary for trail comms.
The DCS code is different. Midland = 68, Uniden = 106

View attachment 2466928
So, to simplify and put the answer on a single line:

Midland DCS tone 68 = Uniden DCS tone 106. Correct?

I think it’s a good bit more than that—IIRC extra adults are $20/night and trail charges are similar to those for the driver....although I believe @Stumpalama is in negotiations nearly as tense as the START renewal with Russia, trying to get those prices down a bit.

I think it’s a good bit more than that—IIRC extra adults are $20/night and trail charges are similar to those for the driver....although I believe @Stumpalama is in negotiations nearly as tense as the START renewal with Russia, trying to get those prices down a bit.
it does seem like the prices are way high for primitive camping and considering the group size...

Or we’ve been spoiled by the park system, at which I typically pay $20-$30 for the whole family to camp with flush toilets and hot water, and then $5/day for my OHV sticker (same price for one passenger or ten)....probably not sustainable for an actual business, but it still does suck to think about dropping $140 for a family to camp two nights with no facilities beyond a pit toilet nearby....and goodness knows how much for my children to sit in car seats while I drive us down trails.

I think I’m coming solo this year— Way more bang per $!

They do have a full on building with shower and running water, just not at camp 6. It's between camp 6 and check in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom