TLCA 2020 Fall Crawl Information page (Official) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
10/26 UPDATE: Another Fall Crawl has come and gone. What a good time! I'm already looking forward to next year's event. Thank you to all the CLCC club members and others whose contributions made this year's event better than last year. Also thank you to all of you who supported our event by coming out and wheeling and camping. We hope to see all of you again next year.

Pictures and stories start here: Fall Crawl 2020 Discussion

8/21 UPDATE: Registration is is now waitlist only. If you missed out on registering, you may still have an opportunity to attend. Simply fill out the waitlist form that pops up when you click the "Register Here" button at the bottom of the Fall Crawl Event Information page on our website and we will contact you when a spot opens up.

8/20 7:30 UPDATE: only 7 spots left

8/17 UPDATE:
I'm sure many of you might be a bit depressed these days, given that many wheeling events have been cancelled due to the pandemic. Well, here is your opportunity to break out of that funk and do some camping, socializing (appropriately socially distanced, of course), and wheeling.

We are back at The Cove Campground again this year. For those of you who are not familiar with it, The Cove has an extensive network of trails from stocker friendly to extremely difficult, all of which are accessible directly from our large campsite. The campsite can easily accommodate our registration limit of 85 drivers and their families & friends while allowing for plenty of room for physical distancing.

In consideration of these uncertain times, we have stripped down our event even further and lowered the registration cost. We do not plan on holding a driver raffle this year, though, we are still reaching out to vendors who support our past time in an effort to provide them an opportunity to promote their products directly to the consumer through our event. To soften blow, we will still provide :beer::beer: for our Saturday Happy Hour.

How to Register: Fall Crawl 2020 Event Information Page. The registration link is at the bottom of the page

Be sure to check out the pages linked to the information pages. They contain valuable information, like that we will be 100% GMRS freqs for communications this year. Also take note of the additional Fall Crawl links in the menu bar to specific pages for quicker navigation.

TOP TIP: I advise you to get on the stick and register earlier rather later this year. Registration maxed out and closed before October 1st and there were about a dozen people who missed out on the fun.

Subscribe to the 2020 Fall Crawl Information page (Official) to stay up on the latest event information.

We are looking forward to seeing you at this years Fall Crawl!

08/16 UPDATE: Shooting to open registration tomorrow, 8/17.

1597714707491.png

A few pics from past events at the Cove:
1562257241160.png 1562257261882.png 1562257313247.png

Last edited:
Are there trails for stock rigs? Thinking about attending.

thanks

thanks
There are green trails that are stock friendly, there where a couple of some what stock vehicles that attended last year and had fun all weekend, i even had a almost stock 40 follow me down Some of the tougher trails with no serious issues.

thanks
As TRDdrew said, there are plenty of green trails throughout the park that will give you hours of fun.

Website for the Cove!

subbing for updates!

I could use a weekend of camping out and trying new trails.

I can't wait to break my s h i t this year.

I'm registered! I'll start searching for a few decent bottles. Already got some Fireball!
Don't bring FB, I've got 4 handles to get rid of.

So as a total newb.... what is the order of the day? is it pot luck cooking or just share if you have extra nosh? i understand happy hour of course... !!!

I saw on the post that comms will be GMRS ... i was wondering about that and pleased I have a Midland unit already.

the camping is primitive i see... is there any potable water sources or should we bring our own?
safe to leave tents up and some stuff in them instead of packing up everything all the time?

So as a total newb.... what is the order of the day? is it pot luck cooking or just share if you have extra nosh? i understand happy hour of course... !!!

I saw on the post that comms will be GMRS ... i was wondering about that and pleased I have a Midland unit already.

the camping is primitive i see... is there any potable water sources or should we bring our own?
safe to leave tents up and some stuff in them instead of packing up everything all the time?

Everyone does it differently, since some folks come as a group of rigs with preplanned meals, while others come as individuals and bring their own grub for themselves. Our club did group dinners last year, but this year is very different, for obviously reasons. My advice is stay tuned to your clubhouse page to see if there is a group meal/ pot luck dinner thread.

Just make sure you number your channels to correspond with the club's regimen... It can make for a very confusing time when the group lead says they will be talking on CLCC channel 3 and your channels don't match up.

There are showers and potable water up near the main entrance, but, depending on what your cooking, one of those 2 gallon jugs from the supermarket is usually enough. I keep bringing a 5 gal Scepter can full, only to use a gallon or so. :bang:

Once you set up camp, you're set for the duration, no need to pack anything up. That would suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom