2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i just degreased my cup holder and re-routed my USB charging cable..I'm good to go.

That's what you said last time and look what happened!

That's what you said last time and look what happened!
yeah, I got to spend three hours of quality time with the master.
since then i've also had a ninja go thru it, and Georgle'd my Tcase gears at the spa.
big ol 37's and a fancy new 'spresso maker....gunna be solid this year.

yeah, I got to spend three hours of quality time with the master.
since then i've also had a ninja go thru it, and Georgle'd my Tcase gears at the spa.
big ol 37's and a fancy new 'spresso maker....gunna be solid this year.

Spacers?

For those that have done it before, will I need to bring along extra gas? I would say I probably get better gas mileage than the average 80, or at least on par with it. I'll plan on filling up at the closest station to Loon lake, and the same after exiting.

Looks like you got some sound advice. I'm not an expert having only been once. But as a point of reference I used about half a tank of gas from South Tahoe fill up through to Tahoma in my 4runner. An 80 has more torque at lower rpms, but a less efficient engine, so what I save on the highway to the trail head you might makeup on the trail with less effort to crawl along. I did not carry extra fuel and didn't really have a lot of concern about running out. I did avoid idling at camp though, and depending on your situation there you might burn more. Kinda felt unprepared not bringing extra, but it would have been unnecessary extra weight.

Also FWIW the gas stations closest to the trail may not be 24hr stations. I just looked on google and the two closest to the turnoff on each side are open until 8pm and 9pm. If you're heading to Loon late on Tuesday filling up in South Lake Tahoe is probably a good bet and planning on some extra fuel for that additional distance might be worth thinking about. Having to back track into town would be a bummer. Does anyone know if the pumps are 24hrs at Fresh Pond?

About this this time in exactly 2 months a lot of us will be converging on loon lake to do a final check over of our rigs and final relaxing before starting the rubicon!

We have received notice that after June 1st, the price for AirMedCare Network “AMCN”, formally CalStar, will be going up even for plan memberships. The new price will be $65 for the entire household. The price for those not a part of Rubithon’s Group will be going up to $85.

Please feel free to offer this application to your family and friends as well.

Another item that AMCN advised Rubithon of is that after this year’s event, they will not allow us to send in a check to cover all the participants that signed up for the event. They have advised us that AMCN is now requiring each individual pay for themselves for the household coverage. This means that we will have to change the way we offer registrations for next year, but no need to worry about that for now.

I am attaching the PDF that has the application to it. If you have any issues, feel free to email me at chairman@rubithon.com and I can email you the PDF directly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Eric Agee

Rubithon Chairman

Attachments

• AMCN_Rubithon app 2016.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
For what it’s worth, medical coverage is something I’ve been considering. On top of being CPR certified, I am CLS qualified (combat lifesaver) and carry enough medical gear in my rig to cover massive hemorrhaging, artificial airways, major burns, and splints for fractures and sprains. I also keep a litter available.

Perk of being with similar vehicles is interchangeable parts. I’m making a list of parts to pick up, but what are y’all carrying as well?

I'm bringing whiskey

For what it’s worth, medical coverage is something I’ve been considering. On top of being CPR certified, I am CLS qualified (combat lifesaver) and carry enough medical gear in my rig to cover massive hemorrhaging, artificial airways, major burns, and splints for fractures and sprains. I also keep a litter available.

Perk of being with similar vehicles is interchangeable parts. I’m making a list of parts to pick up, but what are y’all carrying as well?
I drive an 80. Aside from hoses and belts and relays and fusible link, I carry most of the parts to rebuild a knuckle, a birf, drive flange and spindle. I also carry a spare steering box. I also have a timesert kit to replace a blown out plug. If that isn’t enough, I have tequila.

The Pryor clan will have:
80 series fusible link
80 series axle shafts, all 4 corners
80 series birfs
80 series tie rod/drag link
80 series driveshafts
80 series belts
80/60/40 series knuckle rebuild kits (we pick up a couple sets from Georg for the event)
60 series rear driveshaft
enough gear oil for a full diff fill up
enough grease for knuckle job
engine oil
some other random hoses, brake lines,...ect

So, a lot of 80 stuff and a 60 driveshaft that wont even work on the FRANKENGOAT

@JohnnyOshow22 Flying in with any spare parts?

Last edited:
i'll have a spare set of BBQ tongs, plastic pint glass and sunblock.
hands off of my OLAF bamboo spork though, that has Rock Chef written all over it.

I pulled some stills from my GoPro video from 2016:

Rubicon2016b.jpg
Rubicon2016c.jpg
Rubicon2016d.jpg
Rubicon2016d.jpg
Rubicon2016e.jpg
Rubicon2016f.jpg

Last edited:
Since everyone is showing prep pics, I thought I would add one of my own. The new Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75/18's were installed today with the Tundra rims I picked up (matching spare). Most of the work up to this point has been getting some maintenance items done, and I am also working on building a drawer system/platform in the back. In a week or two, I'll be installing a winch.
IMG_20180423_192648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom