2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ninja..... get a face shield!

No joke! Unshielded cutting wheel, no face protection. Makes me cringe. Good thing he's not a model and chicks dig scars.

To clear 37’s on wider axles The Goat needed to go on a little diet. Today at Valley Hybrids.

View attachment 1660337
Any one else here think that Dom would literally pour some milk over some shattered cutting wheels in a bowl and eat them for breakfast? Or is that just me

Yeah, chicks dig scars. At least he's wearing safety glasses. With 31 years as a safety professional, I've seen worse.

36386-bbbd9c7ae57d1a9526dd3b47d5233376.jpg

Funny thing, the other day I got a weird case of the heeby jeebys and installed the guard on my angle grinder. I had taken it off 20 years ago when it was brand new. I can say that it definitely makes it unwieldy and gets in the way. Hopefully I will get used to it being there.

Funny thing, the other day I got a weird case of the heeby jeebys and installed the guard on my angle grinder. I had taken it off 20 years ago when it was brand new. I can say that it definitely makes it unwieldy and gets in the way. Hopefully I will get used to it being there.

I know we are getting off the point of the thread, but people are uncomfortable with or find safety equipment awkward to use, for several reasons:
  • They selected the wrong tool for the job,
  • They never installed/removed the safety features when the tool was new and have gotten used to it in that configuration, or
  • They are using the tool incorrectly.
There are other reasons, but these are typical.

Folks using safety equipment fall into a few categories: those that have always believed, those that have learned the hard way to believe and those who will eventually learn the lesson.

Ok, safety is always a good topic, but back to Wagon Run prep: the Goat’s 37’s went to the shop today for fitment, verified that Dom has no new scars, was genuinely amazed at his plans:
25DB6CD9-175C-4B6A-A218-F6BEDFD814CF.jpeg

E22E75D3-DF07-41FA-8BE0-A83BBFCE1D51.jpeg

FC18E705-88EB-4849-9494-B1985F85860F.jpeg

4A1AB049-B32A-4113-8153-B9DDF80C530C.jpeg

That is going to be a badass truck.

Can't wait until June.

:cheers:

I was going to post up what I’m doing on my truck this weekend but then I saw MountNGoats pictures and though, never mind

I was going to post up what I’m doing on my truck this weekend but then I saw MountNGoats pictures and though, never mind

Come on Jeff. He's just showing parts on the ground and a dude about to acquire some new facial topography. Post your trip prep!

Here's my contribution

Untitled attachment 00067.jpg

Untitled attachment 00070.jpg

Come on Jeff. He's just showing parts on the ground and a dude about to acquire some new facial topography. Post your trip prep!

Ok, Andy! Setting up for new dual batteries and solar. Gears coming soon. Nothing too major.

76C706E4-EC5C-4FA4-BCC8-2B4479BAE933.jpeg

31659F32-3598-4F20-A23D-65290C1622BD.jpeg

Well, my prep has been rolling along smoothly until today.

The mud member I was scheduled to buy my locked axles from had life get in the way and had to back out of selling me his locked axles.

Currently that stops my 80 dead in its tracks to make it out to Rubithon.

I try to be as resourceful as I can and I try to plan ahead for unforeseen circumstances “the what if?” Scenario as much as possible.

Well it turns out that along with preping my 80 I have been finishing up my 82 Toyota first gen as well.

So here is the question I have for the wagon run crew.

Is it cool if I just drive my little mini truck on the wagon run instead of my 80?

It is built pretty stout and it will pass a TLCA inspection.

It is locked, dual cased, and is properly armored.

I know I will not be able to benefit from the other few 80s owners knowledge in case I break something since my vehicle is not the same type. I plan on bringing plenty of spare parts though. At this point, with my work schedule it is my only choice.

The truck I already built and I don’t want to invest a few thousand dollars to upgrade the 80 quite yet.

I can take this to pm if need be.

Here is my 82 I have a build thread here on mud if anybody is interested.
2F8F5282-0142-460A-868E-FBED7023F24F.jpeg

Speaking for me - Hell yes.

Hell yes bring the mini!

Set up like that it will walk through the Rubicon.

Love the truck, yes!

Well, my prep has been rolling along smoothly until today.

The mud member I was scheduled to buy my locked axles from had life get in the way and had to back out of selling me his locked axles.

Currently that stops my 80 dead in its tracks to make it out to Rubithon.

I try to be as resourceful as I can and I try to plan ahead for unforeseen circumstances “the what if?” Scenario as much as possible.

Well it turns out that along with preping my 80 I have been finishing up my 82 Toyota first gen as well.

So here is the question I have for the wagon run crew.

Is it cool if I just drive my little mini truck on the wagon run instead of my 80?

It is built pretty stout and it will pass a TLCA inspection.

It is locked, dual cased, and is properly armored.

I know I will not be able to benefit from the other few 80s owners knowledge in case I break something since my vehicle is not the same type. I plan on bringing plenty of spare parts though. At this point, with my work schedule it is my only choice.

The truck I already built and I don’t want to invest a few thousand dollars to upgrade the 80 quite yet.

I can take this to pm if need be.

Here is my 82 I have a build thread here on mud if anybody is interested.
View attachment 1663759

Wow, that's rough. Sure, bring it and wheel it, it'll do great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom