2018 LC Sell or Hold? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used to drive a 95 D-90, lived In the mountains.
Great rig. Not the 'most' reliable, but could get itself out of anything. The new ones are not like this. Price has really gone up on the classics.
On the FF films coincidentally, I was one of the builders of the Jeeps they used. Fun to put stuff together when you don't have to pay for it 😉

1000007037.jpg

I find myself asking if I should keep or sell my '18 all the time. It's a weird line, because I don't use it as much as I want, but that's just life. As such, part of me wants to pass it to the next person who can and will use it far more. The fact that I can't get another one, that this was the last LC nameplate we got, the "nostalgia" of it and whatnot make it hard to give up. I'd be in the black if I got rid of it today, but then I'd be looking to buy yours 25 years from now and probably at some premium, at least among the other 100 folks looking for some unmolested 200.
I would keep your 200 if it’s clean and in good condition. These rigs will just get harder to track down good examples of them in the future. Even harder than finding a clean 100 because of the lower production numbers. (And those are hard enough to track down)

There’s nothing on the market that can replace the 200 for what it is. Nothing quite has the hefty weight and softness of these rigs. I test drove an LX 600 now that they’re on the dealer lots, and yes, it was nice to drive and quite luxurious, but they lost the heavy tank feeling in the new generation.

OP’s case is a little different because he has an LX and an LC. There’s really no point in having both if you’re not using them both as workhorses and enjoying the platform which is designed to soak up a ton of miles.

I would keep your 200 if it’s clean and in good condition. These rigs will just get harder to track down good examples of them in the future. Even harder than finding a clean 100 because of the lower production numbers. (And those are hard enough to track down)

There’s nothing on the market that can replace the 200 for what it is. Nothing quite has the hefty weight and softness of these rigs. I test drove an LX 600 now that they’re on the dealer lots, and yes, it was nice to drive and quite luxurious, but they lost the heavy tank feeling in the new generation.

OP’s case is a little different because he has an LX and an LC. There’s really no point in having both if you’re not using them both as workhorses and enjoying the platform which is designed to soak up a ton of miles.
"Clean and in good condition " are hard to say. I drive it, it's pinstriped to hell, has some lingering alignment issue. But I've had it since 12 miles, I know it's history, and I enjoy it sometimes.

It's hard to say "clean and in good condition " for a truck I'm not gentle on. Pinstriped to hell, some lingering alignment issue, I've certainly used it. The biggest thing is knowing it's history since mile 12. Sadly it's in a category of waiting for LCDC, and the occasional trip somewhere. Like a big driveway decoration. Ill see how I feel after the summer.

I have really enjoyed reading the comments to my original post. The money I could get now from selling my 18 LC certainly could be put to better use and earn much more than a LC sitting in storage with insurance costs, etc. That being said, I mentioned to a friend the other day that I was considering selling my LC and the next think I know, he has someone wanting to buy it. I told him that I thought I probably hand on to it for now. I totally understand that it is a bit crazy to hang on since in all likelihood it will decrease in value, especially over the short run and the electronics may end up being problematic over time. I still believe the 200's are going to be a tough act to follow and as nice as the LX600 is, I still have not warmed up to it. As for my 2018 LC, I can always give it to my 10 year old grandson when he is 16.

Best grandpa ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom