2018 200 series vs GX550 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Per the Tundra folks, most of that video was wrong.
My reason for posting was to point out it has a complicated emissions system. Hope the other issues get resolved or are not an issue for the Japan build GX550.

Last edited:
My reason for posting was to point out it has a complicated emissions system. Hope the other issues get resolved or are not an issue for the Japan build GX550.
Understood. Even that portion of the video was wrong. A few people were making corrections in the comments. In my opinion, this Youtuber is not someone to trust FWIW.

The Type 21 of the V35A used in the Tundras, Sequoias, Land Cruiser 300, etc DOES NOT use exhaust particulate filters. He was mentioning stuff about the type 17 engine (LS500) and incorrectly applying it to the V35A. The type 21 V35A used in the Tundra and Sequoia has significant differences, mainly the use of a single heat exchanger intercooler and a single throttle body versus twin heat exchangers and twin throttle bodies of the type 17 V35A found under the hood of the LS 500.

Edit:looks like the youtuber removed the video due to all the criticism due to false information.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom