2013 LX570 might be for sale. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 80, a 100 and the wife drives a 2013 LX570. She got out of a 2004 LC we purchased new and we got the nearly new certified LX in 2015. She loves it but it now has just over 50k miles. We baby it and it sits in the garage in bad weather in favor of our trusty 4Runner/beater. I have never been very comfortable with the "L" on the grill vs the tasteful Land Cruiser look. Thinking of going back to a new Land Cruiser before the next gen hybrid/V6 what ever they end up with Cruiser/LX.

Is a 2013 50k mile garage queen in Blizzard White/Tan leather a hot item? Something tells me it would be more popular to sell on Mud vs Facebook/Craigslist route.

Thoughts? Price points? Seems like dealers are in the mid to upper 40's for far lesser vehicles.

RKTINC

Probably depends on your local market. I’m pretty sure you can buy a ‘13 LX all day for $35-42k. I know a guy that just bought a loaded ‘13 Bliz/blk. 43k miles and very clean for $41900 from our Lexus dealer.

Reactions: HGB
+1 that it will be market specific.

Here in BC, a '13 LX with 50k miles would be roughly 40k USD at dealers. I paid just a bit more for my '14 w/ 23k miles this past December.

Seems like dealers are in the mid to upper 40's for far lesser vehicles.

Indeed. People can ask whatever they want.

I know your case is looking at new, but I've looked at downsizing to save money, and I can't think of another vehicle I'd rather have just to save a little bit of money. Looking 3 years into the future (Looking on Autotrader at 2010s with closer to 100k miles), prices are in the low 30s, so any new lower car payment isn't saving much because of the strong resale value of this vehicle. For comparison's sake, I priced a 15,000 mile, 3 year CX-5 AWD lease at 359 a month with 1k down. Total payments over 3 years: $13,924.

Last edited:
Indeed. People can ask whatever they want.

I know your case is looking at new, but I've looked at downsizing to save money, and I can't think of another vehicle I'd rather have just to save a little bit of money. Looking 3 years into the future (Looking on Autotrader at 2010s with closer to 100k miles), prices are in the low 30s, so any new lower car payment isn't saving much because of the strong resale value of this vehicle. For comparison's sake, I priced a 15,000 mile, 3 year CX-5 AWD lease at 359 a month with 1k down. Total payments over 3 years: $13,924.
Yes, not looking to downsize and I pay cash for cars so i am trying to get a feel for trade difference vs private sale on a new one. I really wanted a LC when we got the LX but my wife loved the Lexus. I think the LC is a more timeless look vs the trendy LX. I am thinking I am still in a pretty steep depreciation curve for the next few years but then will be rewarded for my low miles (5k per year) In a couple years I may have one of the nicest low-mile LX 570's around. That may be the best time to sell and buy a new one. My gut tells me that the last V8 land cruiser model is near and I think that is what I will want.

LX is unlikely to pull the premium of a comparable LC for your reasons mentioned above - nameplate, looks, market saturation. If your heart is set on an LC, just pull off the bandaid and get one. If you are OK with the LX, I would just drive it, the sell price difference between a 50k mile version and a 100k mile version is not significant so you don't lose a whole lot year over year.

OK so you own the last model change 2013 through 2015 of the best looking LX 200 series made it’s pristine and low mileage and you’re going to give it away you should drive it into the ground the suspension is far superior to a Land Cruiser suspension of which you should know when I understand and you know the history of the vehicle if you want to just buy a Land Cruiser then take a bath on this one somebody I’ll get a great vehicle and you can drive a LC. The Land Cruiser is the inferior model of the LX 570 with an inferior suspension doesn’t seem like you understand that do some research

OK so you own the last model change 2013 through 2015 of the best looking LX 200 series made it’s pristine and low mileage and you’re going to give it away you should drive it into the ground the suspension is far superior to a Land Cruiser suspension of which you should know when I understand and you know the history of the vehicle if you want to just buy a Land Cruiser then take a bath on this one somebody I’ll get a great vehicle and you can drive a LC. The Land Cruiser is the inferior model of the LX 570 with an inferior suspension doesn’t seem like you understand that do some research

Inferior suspension? Or is it really just identical with non-height adjustable struts. I got an LC over the LX because I wanted to replace the suspension with actual off-road capable suspension. The LX suspension is road oriented, same as an LC, and takes even more work to disable and remove it.

Inferior suspension? Or is it really just identical with non-height adjustable struts. I got an LC over the LX because I wanted to replace the suspension with actual off-road capable suspension. The LX suspension is road oriented, same as an LC, and takes even more work to disable and remove it.
Yeah Lexus suspension is far superior to the land cruiser suspension even for off-road use unless you’re going for a huge lift to go rock crawling “all the time” if you are go buy a cheap jeep don’t beat up your $90,000 SUV. Huge difference between the 100 series and 200 series LX suspension

Yeah Lexus suspension is far superior to the land cruiser suspension even for off-road use unless you’re going for a huge lift to go rock crawling “all the time” if you are go buy a cheap jeep don’t beat up your $90,000 SUV. Huge difference between the 100 series and 200 series LX suspension

Based on your emphatic response, it’s fairly obvious you’re a bit biased on the issue. Implying that the only reason to change suspension is for a huge lift to go rock crawling “all the time” is pretty narrow sighted. I changed my suspension to give a small lift, about 1.5” and to firm up the ride to allow more spiriting driving and to provide much firmer damping for body control. It provides a much more pleasant driving experience, at the sacrifice of a little cushiness. I am generally unfamiliar with the LX suspension, other than what I read. Can you qualify what “far superior” means? Because to me it still looks like low spring rates with undersized dampers, with some built in height adjustability.

I'll be the first to agree that SWUtah's responses are a bit... enthusiastic, but he's not wrong. Based on what I've read on this very forum, posted by people who have owned/driven both, the LX suspension really is vastly superior to what's in the LC.

I changed my suspension to give a small lift, about 1.5” and to firm up the ride to allow more spiriting driving and to provide much firmer damping for body control. It provides a much more pleasant driving experience, at the sacrifice of a little cushiness.

The LX's suspension does all of that right off the dealership floor, except it's still better:
- the lift amount provided by AHC is higher
- if you care about spirited driving, you want the vehicle's centre of gravity lower, not higher; the LX allows you to stiffen up the suspension and remain at normal height, which will both be safer and provide better handling
- the cushion and pleasant ride is still there whenever you want it

The LX provides a wonderful experience both on and off road, without much compromise in either department for (I'd guess) 99% of owners.

Honestly, I don't understand people that post about wanting to sell their LXs to replace them with a LC of the same generation, especially those that openly state they wish to do so for "the badge." The only people who would appreciate "the badge" are enthusiasts, who already know and appreciate what a LX is, while 99% of the public will be equally oblivious in both cases. Selling the LX, taking a financial hit as a result, only to pay even more for a lesser-equipped vehicle doesn't make much sense to me. There are a few legitimate reasons for wanting a LC over a LX, but in most threads (that I've read) it sounds like a case of excess money and boredom. Good problems to have, I suppose.

Ah, makes sense to me. I have no driving experience of an Lx so I can’t comment. I plan on buying an 18 or 19 LX for my wife in a few years when they’re half price, and once the kids are big enough to negate the benefits of the minivan. However, wanting to do trails the LC was a no brainer for me. I wanted the lower complexity, simpler looks, and parts aftermarket support of the LC. I still probably wouldn’t trade in an LX for an LC, but my modifications would be less and I probably wouldn’t take it off-road as often as I do. Which is essentially; if I see an ORV trail head while I’m driving, I’m taking it.

I have an 80, a 100 and the wife drives a 2013 LX570. She got out of a 2004 LC we purchased new and we got the nearly new certified LX in 2015. She loves it but it now has just over 50k miles. We baby it and it sits in the garage in bad weather in favor of our trusty 4Runner/beater. I have never been very comfortable with the "L" on the grill vs the tasteful Land Cruiser look. Thinking of going back to a new Land Cruiser before the next gen hybrid/V6 what ever they end up with Cruiser/LX.

Is a 2013 50k mile garage queen in Blizzard White/Tan leather a hot item? Something tells me it would be more popular to sell on Mud vs Facebook/Craigslist route.

Thoughts? Price points? Seems like dealers are in the mid to upper 40's for far lesser vehicles.

RKTINC

Where are you located? That might make a difference in value?

Based on your emphatic response, it’s fairly obvious you’re a bit biased on the issue. Implying that the only reason to change suspension is for a huge lift to go rock crawling “all the time” is pretty narrow sighted. I changed my suspension to give a small lift, about 1.5” and to firm up the ride to allow more spiriting driving and to provide much firmer damping for body control. It provides a much more pleasant driving experience, at the sacrifice of a little cushiness. I am generally unfamiliar with the LX suspension, other than what I read. Can you qualify what “far superior” means? Because to me it still looks like low spring rates with undersized dampers, with some built in height adjustability.
Ive owned a FZJ80 (my favorite Land Cruiser) 5 -100 series 3 LX’s
2 LC’s, My last 100 series LX I had “Slee off-road” Replace the 2005 LX AHC suspension with an old man emu 2 inch lift and add some slee sliders. Loved the OME lift and sliders. Great solid ride. 200 series suspension is on a completely higher level than the 100 series, it is very robust it’s basically a hydraulic suspension system. Let’s put it this way if it didn’t come with the 200s. You wouldn’t be able to afford the cost of a comparable aftermarket system. I use to have a schematic of the 200 series suspension system but all you need to do is do a search for the 200 service suspension system and read the posts and you’ll get a hell of an education on how robust it is. This is my second 200 series I had a 2011 and I now have a 2015 and you have read how many 100 series I’ve owned I love the 100 series I liked it even better when Slee off-road installed the old man emu system system the 200 series is much better because you can switch from Sport to normal and comfort and get completely different ride response I run BFG AT/KOs 285/55/20’s which firms up the ride as you might expect since they’re “D” rated heavy truck tires, and I love the ride and I love the ability to adjust it. Do some research

Last edited:
If we start talking trade or price or buying then this thread will be deleted. Please start a new thread in classifieds if you are going to sell or PM the OP to discuss trades or other things.

Thanks for your cooperation

Your friendly 200 Series Forum Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom