Sounds like tires rubbing 2013 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Str8Razor

SILVER Star
Threads
Question for the group regarding my wife’s 2013 LX570, it’s all stock with 285/50R20s on it, when turning hard it sounds as if there is rubbing from the tire on the A~arm or frame or something, I felt it doing it last night leaving a parking garage, tight radius spiral down ramp, she said it does it pretty regularly especially when turning around in the driveway, I looked at it this morning and saw no evidence of rubbing, also could not get it to repeat, almost acted like a center diff lock was locked… any thoughts appreciated!

Question for the group regarding my wife’s 2013 LX570, it’s all stock with 285/50R20s on it, when turning hard it sounds as if there is rubbing from the tire on the A~arm or frame or something, I felt it doing it last night leaving a parking garage, tight radius spiral down ramp, she said it does it pretty regularly especially when turning around in the driveway, I looked at it this morning and saw no evidence of rubbing, also could not get it to repeat, almost acted like a center diff lock was locked… any thoughts appreciated!
Happening while the suspension is in L?

Any wear on the cv rubber or any wetness on the rubber around the cv?

Any wear on the cv rubber or any wetness on the rubber around the cv?
Nothing I noticed, I looked around a good bit and didn’t notice anything that looked facky, like I said before it sounded like rubbing but almost felt like a CDL was engaged, it’s my wife’s truck and has way more bells and whistles than I’m used to in my 80 or 60 series, I probably should be more familiar with it…

When at full lock or close, the drive terrain will make a noise similar to driving on dry pavement with the CDL on. If that's what you hear it is normal.
With the stock tires there is no way to have them rubbing unless your suspension is a mess and that will be very obvious from how it handles.

If the rubbing is on the liners you can create a little more clearance easily with a heatgun and some massaging:

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom