2013 LX570 roof rack/rail “inserts” (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping y’all can help me out- I just discovered that the rubber “inserts” that go into my factory roof rack/rails are missing- I discovered they were missing after a quick run thru a car wash.

I would like to replace them but I can’t seem to find the part number or name them correctly to find them. Any help would be appreciated!

1706410181202.png
is this what you are looking for?

There are a few different part numbers up there. OP if you can attach a picture of which sections are missing we can dig up the numbers.

Does anyone have the part number for the roof rails as complete units?
It seems you may be referring to different parts than OP. Do you mean the rails that the crossbars mount to? Or the rubber strips that drop into the channels under the rails?

It seems you may be referring to different parts than OP. Do you mean the rails that the crossbars mount to? Or the rubber strips that drop into the channels under the rails?
I’m referring to the entire rack assembly (if there is a part on the whole unit) to see if there is an assembly or part number for the rails and crossbars

I’m referring to the entire rack assembly (if there is a part on the whole unit) to see if there is an assembly or part number for the rails and crossbars
LC or LX? What year?

I'm gonna respond in the below thread as it'll be more useful to others in the future

Last edited:
LC or LX? What year?

I'm gonna respond in the below thread as it'll be more useful to others in the future

Much appreciated, I will go ask in there as to not derail this thread

This site is a great reference for part numbers. This page has the roof diagram.
Exterior Trim - Roof for 2014 Lexus LX570 | MyLexusParts - https://www.mylparts.com/v-2014-lexus-lx570--base--5-7l-v8-gas/body--exterior-trim-roof

I actually just bought 3 of 75555-60020 because mine are missing. Mylparts.com didn't have what I needed but the diagram was helpful so I know exactly what I need. I purchased from Genuine OEM Lexus Parts and Accessories Online - Lexus Parts Now - https://www.lexuspartsnow.com.

Great information! Are there clips required to replace missing 75555-60020 molding?
No clips, the ends are held down by the rack and the plastic piece shown above, then the center is a friction fit in the recessed area.

Remove the rectangular plastic piece shown above, there are two small arrows on it and if you slid the whole thing that direction it'll unclip. Then clean the area well with a wet rag, let it dry, insert the new part where one end slides under the foot of the rack, lay it down, then reinstall the plastic rectangular part.

Note that there is a metal rib molded into these rubber molding pieces to give them some stiffness. If the part is bent upwards like a leaf spring this increases the chance they'll pop out in the future. Just make sure it's straight before install.

@bloc , should there be any open groove in front of the rack on an LX? I notice that the parts diagram shows two inserts which suggests there should not.

@bloc , should there be any open groove in front of the rack on an LX? I notice that the parts diagram shows two inserts which suggests there should not.

No. The picture in post number 6 is missing one of the short pieces. The LX has a shorter roof rack and the plastic part in post 2 clips onto a metal bracket that fills the holes that aren't being used by the longer LC rack.

For an LX it goes windshield trim, short molding, plastic rectangle, short, rack foot, long, plastic rectangle, long, rack foot, really short rear piece.

Thank you! My roof looks just like the picture and I couldn't square that with the diagram.

More stuff to order....

No clips, the ends are held down by the rack and the plastic piece shown above, then the center is a friction fit in the recessed area.

Remove the rectangular plastic piece shown above, there are two small arrows on it and if you slid the whole thing that direction it'll unclip. Then clean the area well with a wet rag, let it dry, insert the new part where one end slides under the foot of the rack, lay it down, then reinstall the plastic rectangular part.

Note that there is a metal rib molded into these rubber molding pieces to give them some stiffness. If the part is bent upwards like a leaf spring this increases the chance they'll pop out in the future. Just make sure it's straight before install.
Thanks ,only missing one piece I will order today.

I also have a 13 LX, >10 years now. Those just don’t seem to stay in place. The first few years I would replace them. I’ve since removed them all, ~7 years now. I like not having them. The groove they fill works as a nice hand hold for putting things on and off the rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom