For Sale 2008 Land Cruiser 79 Series Pickup Value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a land cruiser 79 series pickup for use around my farm. The way I see it, I could get a reliable Toyota diesel (1VD-FTV 4.5L) truck for not much more then a used chevy, dodge or ford. I feel it would also hold its value better.

Up here in Canada we are now able to import 2008 79 series, so there are a few LHD models starting to come over from the middle east. They seem to be rust free with fairly low (100K KM) or so.
I don't know as much about the value of these as there are not that many imported into North America.

Wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what a rust free 2008 LHD 79 series with around 100,000km on it would go for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

image_6483441 (1).JPG

The picture you posted is of a RHD that has been poorly converted to a LHD. If you're going to import one, make sure it's a proper LHD.

Pretty sure there were no LHD VDJ7x LandCruisers made until sometime in the late 2010's.

2017 is first year of left hand drive vdj trucks.

That said, you can convert a rhd truck to lhd with a bit of work. Steering, dash (easier in 2010 with plastic dash model), ac/blower unit, wiring (stretch rhd or buy lhd), wipers, and goofy things like gear shift lever and floor mats. I would say $5,000 in new parts (minimum) if you shop well. $10,000 realistically in parts if you order from overseas.

ENS and others with access to mine truck (new parts only) can help on this quest. DO NOT USE USED MINE TRUCK PARTS.

There's not enough of them imported to give a proper answer.

Bottom line whatever someone willing to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom