2006 Land Cruiser; AHC & ARB 2862 Old Man Emu Coil Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed the rear ARB 2862 and the AHC in 'N' does not "engage" due to lack of load/compression in the rear.

Can this issue be resolved through Thechstream or their equivalents?

Thanks

Resolvable only with counter weight. That coil springs (OME) has too much preload for the hydraulic system to compress the hydraulic rear strut. AHC is designed more for controlled compression rather than rebound.

Way too much spring. I'd swap those back out.

You could try to perform a sensor lift to get ahc to carry some load, but imo that's just the wrong spring. I would expect the dynamics to be terrible. King springs and spacers carry a lot of load. OEM Toyota springs hold even more. Aftermarket ARB/OME put you well into "oversprung" territory even if you're loaded up past the gvwr of the car.

Think of it like a balancing act. You only need to add spring and preload to make up for weight added. OEM non AHC Toyota springs carry something like double the weight of the factory AHC springs. Unless you added 1000# of gear on the rear bumper, OEM Toyota is probably overkill. ARB/OME is even stronger putting you ever further out of the happy place.

Ease up on the spring and life will be easier.

King springs and spacers carry a lot of load. OEM Toyota springs hold even more.
My rear pressure with the KTRS-79 springs is 4.8, and the AHC seems happy with a big load on board + trailer ball weight. No spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom