200 Whp 80 Series... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah not really worth it if there’s not a turbo next to the block. Making a 1fz make power is a little spendy. Totally doable, but it’s going to add up quick.

You can look into doing a coil on plug conversion like what comes on 105s but idk if the juice is really worth the squeeze….
Sorry to be 'this guy' but a second gen 1FZ isn't strictly coil on plug, there are 3 coils that service 2 cylinders each with a wasted spark setup.

For my personal opinion regarding a 1fz and power with a low budget is that 80s in general due to they're age are fairly expensive to own in fairly stock form, so be careful in choosing to do modifications for more power as they can snowball in expense. So if forced induction is out of reach, than likely so is a set of cams because really you need a custom timing map for different camshaft profiles other than stock which will require ecm modifications. For more budget friendly power, focus on getting the 1fz in tip top shape. Fix all oil leaks, old hoses, refresh ignition system, check valve lash, check timing, check fuel pressure, new o2 sensors, clean maf, advance timing a little, waterproof all electrical connectors. All is fairly cheap to do. Also shift manually when more power is needed and rev the engine up to higher rpms in shift points. A port n polish is also cheap power at the expense of personal labor if your willing to diy and should give 20 to 40hp I'm guessing above 3k rpm.

alright so it’s gunna take a lot of money to get this se results na when I can just turbo and make more for around the same price?

Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kit??
Cheers

Sorry to be 'this guy' but a second gen 1FZ isn't strictly coil on plug, there are 3 coils that service 2 cylinders each with a wasted spark setup.
You’re not being “that guy”! Thanks for teaching me something

i mean yes but i don't have the cash for it....:confused:

but eventually...
To do all the things you are going to need to do to have a 200awhp NA 1FZ it will cost more than a turbo kit.

what are some good supporting mods to do before a turbo?
If that turbo be your choice, I suppose a fire suppression system would be a good start.

If you want more power, wait until you feel comfortable utilizing the funds to do it thoroughly and correctly. Whatever enjoyment you seek to gain will be lost and then some, if you create an unreliable basket case.

By the time you spend the money and time to get this out of a 1FZ you should've just LS swapped it because you're still going to be lagging behind LS power.

A turbo 1FZ is a velvety smooth engine, but skip the CX racing kit and get a decent one

what is a good turbo kit that is reliable?
and also would i need a piggyback ecu or do i go full standalone?

By the time you spend the money and time to get this out of a 1FZ you should've just LS swapped it because you're still going to be lagging behind LS power.
that is true but i want to keep the 1fz for the nostalgia factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom