200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to know. I’d not considered that they’d be making factory forged wheels. And this thing is so cush as it is, I probably don’t need any more sidewall to my liking. Wish there was more options on the 20”s. Though the usual suspects are available, so I shouldn’t complain.

Anyone do 37”s and leave the KDSS in? That’s the dream, but I’m starting to think it’s more trouble than it’s worth over 35”s.

I currently have 285/45/22
22 x 10 et+25

would like to change to bigger tires 305/45/22 soon

however on my current set up
when I turn the steering full lock, the tires is already very near the wheel well

someone said before that I can push the wheel well inside so it wont rub with bigger tires?
does anyone have instructions for this?

thanks

Good to know. I’d not considered that they’d be making factory forged wheels. And this thing is so cush as it is, I probably don’t need any more sidewall to my liking. Wish there was more options on the 20”s. Though the usual suspects are available, so I shouldn’t complain.

Anyone do 37”s and leave the KDSS in? That’s the dream, but I’m starting to think it’s more trouble than it’s worth over 35”s.
Yea @MScruiser has a few threads on running 37s in his LC with KDSS...

IMG_6634.jpg

Had some fun blasting around representing the 570. Prairie City in the mud on 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers on Evo Corse rims. There was a whole crew with 4 runners, and several solo rigs.

Kept the mud flaps, very mild rumble as the sidewall tread pattern hits at full turn in the front. Will push that liner in to meet. The picture doesn't do it justice of course. The inset rim face supposedly helps from rock impacts and it never really got dirty, so must work to some degree.

Had some fun blasting around representing the 570. Prairie City in the mud on 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers on Evo Corse rims. There was a whole crew with 4 runners, and several solo rigs.

Kept the mud flaps, very mild rumble as the sidewall tread pattern hits at full turn in the front. Will push that liner in to meet. The picture doesn't do it justice of course. The inset rim face supposedly helps from rock impacts and it never really got dirty, so must work to some degree.
I have Evo 18’s supposedly hitting the port on the 18th for my ‘17 LX. Planning Cooper AT3Xlt’s. Trying to decide on 285/65 or risk the 275/70. Any thoughts based on your new install?

I have Evo 18’s supposedly hitting the port on the 18th for my ‘17 LX. Planning Cooper AT3Xlt’s. Trying to decide on 285/65 or risk the 275/70. Any thoughts based on your new install?

For the last few weeks I have been running 285/65r18 General Grabber ATX on my 2013 with the Evo Corse. Happy with them, fills out the wheel well nicely, no rubbing. was pondering the idea of 275 width to gain a little more height with the 275/70/18 but I feel that it’s just a little too narrow, no anecdotal performance evidence to support this. The 285s are a nice look and the oem size/width. I’ll be adding a 2” lift soon so maybe I’ll regret not going bigger.

E54C88E6-77AC-447E-9791-1ADD09768DD4.jpeg

78C97D4D-F892-48CC-B2D4-418B836654D8.jpeg

For the last few weeks I have been running 285/65r18 General Grabber ATX on my 2013 with the Evo Corse. Happy with them, fills out the wheel well nicely, no rubbing. was pondering the idea of 275 width to gain a little more height with the 275/70/18 but I feel that it’s just a little too narrow, no anecdotal performance evidence to support this. The 285s are a nice look and the oem size/width. I’ll be adding a 2” lift soon so maybe I’ll regret not going bigger.

View attachment 2240392

View attachment 2240394
Wheel offset?

Wheel offset?

45mm offset and a 8.5” wheel.

I removed the front mud flaps from the bottom of the bumper before putting these wheels on as the 285/65r18s tires were rubbing with the stock wheels.

It looks like the flaps are still on in the pic? Did you do your sliders yourself or get them done?

Maybe mud flap is the wrong terminology. There is a plastic mud flap like piece on both sides of the bumper at the bottom of the front portion of the wheel well.Tires rubbed when turning the wheel.

I did the install myself, had a buddy available to help as needed. The install video that Buds posted on YouTube made all the difference, don’t think I could have done it with just the paper instructions. A lot of tight spots especially on the driver side, swivel sockets are a must. No joke the driver side took 6 hours with one hour spent fishing out the lollipop hardware i dropped inside the frame.... lesson learned, if you are a clutz, use vice grips to hold them in place.

Passenger side was put on in less then 2 hours.

I'd go for the 285 personally. There is certainly room in the well, and with a heatgun, shears and spacers you can make a lot of combos work. But that seems like a lot of work for very little gain. The 285 fills well, and there are a ton of tires in that size.

What evo people don't tell you is you are likely to need extended lug nuts. You could do extended bolts too but that is very expensive and from Japan. There are some chrome regular style lugs w. similar length but I did not like the threading, super janky for the first 2 threads. I got two keys for when somebody uses an air wrench and splits the socket.

Brandsport sells Gorilla:

WCWL-W1014SEBWest Coast Wheel® 14mm x 1.5 Lug Nuts Mag E-T (w/60° Taper) Seat Right Hand Thread Black Sold Individually #W1014SEB
20​
GRLA-1378SDKEY6 Spline Lug nut key, Wheel lock key - Gorilla® # 1378SDKEY2

I'd go for the 285 personally. There is certainly room in the well, and with a heatgun, shears and spacers you can make a lot of combos work. But that seems like a lot of work for very little gain. The 285 fills well, and there are a ton of tires in that size.

What evo people don't tell you is you are likely to need extended lug nuts. You could do extended bolts too but that is very expensive and from Japan. There are some chrome regular style lugs w. similar length but I did not like the threading, super janky for the first 2 threads. I got two keys for when somebody uses an air wrench and splits the socket.

Brandsport sells Gorilla:

WCWL-W1014SEBWest Coast Wheel® 14mm x 1.5 Lug Nuts Mag E-T (w/60° Taper) Seat Right Hand Thread Black Sold Individually #W1014SEB
20​
GRLA-1378SDKEY6 Spline Lug nut key, Wheel lock key - Gorilla® # 1378SDKEY2
Good info. Would have been a bummer to get the wheels and have to wait on lug nuts.

Installed oem front spacer lift over 275/65/18 conti ats
No more slight rub. Link just FYI.

Installed oem front spacer lift over 275/65/18 conti ats
No more slight rub. Link just FYI.

where were you rubbing before the oem spacer lift?

where were you rubbing before the oem spacer lift?
Full left turn lock in reverse on front left liner - and just ever so slightly

If you mean the Discoverer AT3 XLT LT275/70R18 Load Range E tires, on an LX570 there would be a different RCTIP - I cannot comment on whether they would fit.

The RCTIP for LT275/70R18 tires on an LX570 would be 36psi F/R.

HTH
[/QUOTE
I did mean the AT3 XLT’s but I wound up going a little shorter/wider with 285/65/18. Can you advise RCTIP for those on my LX570?

I did mean the AT3 XLT’s but I wound up going a little shorter/wider with 285/65/18. Can you advise RCTIP for those on my LX570?

Cooper don't make an ISO-Metric 285/65/18 Discoverer AT3 XLT tire. So no, I cannot recommend a RCTIP for those non-existent tires.

If, however, and I'm just guessing here, you mean the LT-Metric LT285/65R18 125/122S Load Range E Discoverer AT3 XLT tire, then yes, I can help you.

The RCTIP for the LT285/65R18 125/122S Load Range E Discoverer AT3 XLT tires on your LX570 is 37psi F/R.

HTH

Cooper don't make an ISO-Metric 285/65/18 Discoverer AT3 XLT tire. So no, I cannot recommend a RCTIP for those non-existent tires.

If, however, and I'm just guessing here, you mean the LT-Metric LT285/65R18 125/122S Load Range E Discoverer AT3 XLT tire, then yes, I can help you.

The RCTIP for the LT285/65R18 125/122S Load Range E Discoverer AT3 XLT tires on your LX570 is 37psi F/R.

HTH

Would the RCTIP be the same for the general grabber ATX in LT285/65R18 125/122S load range E ? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom