‘13 OEM spacer lift installed, other updates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the last 2 or 3 months:

1) just did the oem spacer install - gained about 1” and really like the small improvement (pics below)
2) got tint (ceramic 35 rears and cargo; 20 front sides - also did 55 windshield but didn’t like the look personally; deleted)
3) had the exterior detailed with ceramic coating that really does make it look brand new
4) running board delete
5) added misc.:
center console tray, custom canteen cup holder and weathertech mats throughout (with LandCruiser logos of course ha)

*Pre-spacer lift pics

CD1ACA32-2071-45A8-BFE1-5449BD262E0E.jpeg

A7C31024-14AF-4667-BADA-C764837EABEA.jpeg

9380741B-6991-4D64-B079-84FE5FEB6654.jpeg

D033108D-158D-4F4D-B56F-FB6BDF638588.jpeg

613C045A-DBD0-4534-AC1A-DF9E05F575EF.jpeg

/end befores

Last edited:
How do you like those Continentals? Do they do ok off-road?

How do you like those Continentals? Do they do ok off-road?
Haven’t done much off-road yet. They are very quiet on pavement with that fairly tame tread pattern. Planted feel and cushy ride. Great in the wet. These 275/65s have been about 3/4 to 1 mpg improvement over stock size somehow (hand calc). I am interested in their tread life. Should have more off-road experience in spring and summer.

Last edited:
Haven’t done much off-road yet. They are very quiet on pavement with that fairly tame tread pattern. Planted feel and cushy ride. Great in the wet. These 275/65s have been about 3/4 to 1 mpg improvement over stock size somehow (hand calc). I am interested in their tread life. Should have more off-road experience in spring and summer.
There are my favorite ATs by a long shot. I used them all summer in UT and in the Sierras afterwards and did great on basic 4x4ing and silent on the street. Not tires for rock gardens of course.

There are my favorite ATs by a long shot. I used them all summer in UT and in the Sierras afterwards and did great on basic 4x4ing and silent on the street. Not tires for rock gardens of course.
Glad to hear it. Any pics or link to an older thread w pics? Size? How was Tread life? Tia.

275/55/20, wearing pretty fast because of my cornering, 3-year tire. No chipping or tears.
How many miles do you have on these so far?
And are they P or LT version?

Last edited:
Little over 20,000 miles. P version.11/32 measured across the tread.

I don't think the p version at least is a long-life tire. You can have great traction summer and winter and pliability, and strong cornering, but probably not 50k. (And please let's not have a Michelin 'can do it all' discussion. I came to this tire after many brands and models to suit my purposes, and YMMV.)

Last edited:
No, Lex Tech in Charleston

Did you replace the shocks while you were in there or just do the spacer? (if so, how many miles are on yours? Did you go oem? feel any improvement?)

I have a '13 with 120k miles and am just about to pull the trigger on this ...slightly considering going with OME or Dobinsons mild lift, but it is primarily my wifes DD.

No shock replacement, just spacer install. She only has 54k mi. on her.

Did you have the spacer lift done at a Toyota dealership? The guys I use (ACC in Atlanta)... are literally booked 2-3 months out and I want to get this done. Below is currently how mine sits... need that front end to come up slightly...View attachment 2386597
Give Greer Automotive Services a shout. Got a good quote from them on lift install and references from here as well.

On your close up of the spacer, can you circle it or point it out, I can’t tell where it is! Thanks

On your close up of the spacer, can you circle it or point it out, I can’t tell where it is! Thanks
The cup shape of the upper strut/spring mount obscures it. Imagine those two clearly visible studs sticking through the nuts being 10mm longer. That is what you’d see without the spacer. It pushes the whole top of the assembled strut & spring down 10mm.

As for the big center nut on the end of the strut shaft, it doesn’t change protrusion, the spacer just moves the whole thing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom