200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes 285/70/17. I had no issue with my HANKOOK DYNA PRO ATM in 285/65/18 with stock suspension and 2016 wheels.

Today we gladly joined the 33" club! (no more mistaken Highlander here) ...no pics yet as it was getting dark when i picked up the truck... I will try to get some in the next day or so.

We elected for 275/70 BFG KO2's on the stock R18 wheels and not sure if this was an option, but they are "E" load rated, which seems like overkill, but we will be towing this year.

It was a short in town drive home, but first impressions are that they are more crisp in response to steering inputs than the previous, stock sized Bridgestone SUV type tire... I noted no more harshness on speed bumps and holes. it actually felt great in a couple choppy parking lot areas (suburban road test in The Home Depot lot)... I did notice a very very slight hum when slowing down below 20mph and in an otherwise silent vehicle. I would say I am totally happy with purchase... And my Wife says, "when you gonna do the bumpers and lift"? What?

No rubbing + Looks better + Drives better + Smells like fresh rubber = quadruple bonus

@gaijin - I am sure it no longer feels like a charitable effort, but a pressure recommendation for otherwise stock 2013 would be greatly appreciated! The tire joint pumped 'em to 34 PSI...

Thanks!

Today we gladly joined the 33" club! (no more mistaken Highlander here) ...no pics yet as it was getting dark when i picked up the truck... I will try to get some in the next day or so.

We elected for 275/70 BFG KO2's on the stock R18 wheels and not sure if this was an option, but they are "E" load rated, which seems like overkill, but we will be towing this year.

It was a short in town drive home, but first impressions are that they are more crisp in response to steering inputs than the previous, stock sized Bridgestone SUV type tire... I noted no more harshness on speed bumps and holes. it actually felt great in a couple choppy parking lot areas (suburban road test in The Home Depot lot)... I did notice a very very slight hum when slowing down below 20mph and in an otherwise silent vehicle. I would say I am totally happy with purchase... And my Wife says, "when you gonna do the bumpers and lift"? What?

No rubbing + Looks better + Drives better + Smells like fresh rubber = quadruple bonus

@gaijin - I am sure it no longer feels like a charitable effort, but a pressure recommendation for otherwise stock 2013 would be greatly appreciated! The tire joint pumped 'em to 34 PSI...

Thanks!

I assume you mean the LT275/70R18/E 125/122R BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires, and I also assume you are putting them on a LC200 and not an LX570, right?

If so, then your "tire joint" has done you a terrible disservice - in fact, the depth of their ignorance is truly astonishing.

First, it is unsafe to run ANY LT-Metric tire on ANY vehicle at less than 35psi for on-road use - they chose 34psi. You really need to find a better "tire joint."

The RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for your LT275/70R18/E 125/122R BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires on your LC200 is 41psi Front/Rear.

Always glad to help out - I feel better that you did ask and even better that you and your family will be safer now.

HTH

P.S. Don't forget to reset your TPMS to the new 40psi pressures.

Added newly power coated TRD Tundra 18” Wheels, 1.5” hubcentric spacers,
285 65 18 tires
Removed front mud guards, no rubbing

26A74EA7-B311-42A4-AD5D-04048A96335E.jpeg

I assume you mean the LT275/70R18/E 125/122R BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires, and I also assume you are putting them on a LC200 and not an LX570, right?

If so, then your "tire joint" has done you a terrible disservice - in fact, the depth of their ignorance is truly astonishing.

First, it is unsafe to run ANY LT-Metric tire on ANY vehicle at less than 35psi for on-road use - they chose 34psi. You really need to find a better "tire joint."

The RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for your LT275/70R18/E 125/122R BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires on your LC200 is 41psi Front/Rear.

Always glad to help out - I feel better that you did ask and even better that you and your family will be safer now.

HTH

Would there be a different problem with these on an LX? Only asking because I am getting ready to do E rated 275/70/18 Cooper at 3ltx on my LX.

HTH

Yes to all... Thanks for this!

Would there be a different problem with these on an LX? Only asking because I am getting ready to do E rated 275/70/18 Cooper at 3ltx on my LX.

If you mean the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT275/70R18 Load Range E tires, on an LX570 there would be a different RCTIP - I cannot comment on whether they would fit.

The RCTIP for LT275/70R18 tires on an LX570 would be 36psi F/R.

HTH

Thanks!
You and I are on the same schedule. Yesterday, I got the same BFG 275/70r18 tires installed on my 2008 LC 200. Unfortunately, I heard some rubbing this morning when I backed out of my driveway with the steering wheel fully turned. Haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

1582041333593.png

You and I are on the same schedule. Yesterday, I got the same BFG 275/70r18 tires installed on my 2008 LC 200. Unfortunately, I heard some rubbing this morning when I backed out of my driveway with the steering wheel fully turned. Haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

View attachment 2214506
BTW:
I believe your rubbing may be from the front mud flaps. I installed 285 65 18 tires and heard that, removed it.....Problem solved.....

Thanks!
Spare fit ok?

BTW:
I believe your rubbing may be from the front mud flaps. I installed 285 65 18 tires and heard that, removed it.....Problem solved.....

I found there is contact between the tire and the bottom edge of the inner fender liner of the front wheel well on the driver's side. It happens when the steering wheel is turned fully to the right. I only hear the rubbing sound in reverse, but i imagine there must also be contact in drive. Later I'll check whether it's also happening on the passenger side when I turn the wheel all the way to the left. Guess I have to look for a way to trim it or reshape it.

This may be the motivation I need to get an ARB bull bar and say goodbye to the plastic.

View attachment 2214506
Looks great. Keep us appraised of your findings. And I may need to test further for any rubbing as I don’t think I have had to turn at full lock yet

Fills out her hips nicely. Good job!

Let us know how the ride is after some miles.

Thanks, I agree! First impressions are that they feel kinda heavy compared to the stock Michelin Latitudes if that makes sense. The acceleration feels slightly negatively affected but it may just be in my head. The ride also feels a little rougher on the highway but as to be expected. They seem to cause the ol' girl to wander a little side to side while cruising slowly, too. I usually kept the suspension in the middle setting but now even in the softest setting it feels a little rougher-but still leagues nicer than my old 2017 Z71 with the same tires. I was running the Latitudes around 30 psi but these KO2's require a bit more and I currently have them at around 45 psi. I called BFG and asked them what's the lowest pressure I can run and they suggested at least 45 psi and to make sure the pressure does not rise above 3-5 psi when doing 70 mph when they heat up to avoid premature wear. So far so good but the roads around Roswell, NM are still pretty cool this time of year. Will keep an eye on 'em as summer progresses.

All of this is a small price to pay for the boost in appearance and slight off road capability in my opinion :meh:. Already took her to an easy gravel trail at Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge over the weekend - piece o' cake!

Looks great. Keep us appraised of your findings. And I may need to test further for any rubbing as I don’t think I have had to turn at full lock yet

So, last night I tested things out in a parking lot. The only condition that caused any audible rubbing was being in reverse with the steering wheel turned all the way to the right. The contact point is at the front of the wheel well on the driver's side. At full turn, the corner of the tread hits the bottom edge of the fender liner. For some reason, the problem does not occur on the passenger side.

I'm wondering if the driver's side has a little more positive caster angle than the passenger side and if an adjustment/alignment job could fix my problem. Is there a way to move the driver's side wheel back a little? I don't know enough about suspensions to know what's possible or practical, so I'd appreciate advice from anyone on here who with relevant expertise.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom