200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What would be the correct tire pressure for a BFG KO2 35-12.5/18 on the highway for the 200? It doesn’t have any aftermarket bumpers

Did you end up going with the 275/65/18 or 275/70? Thanks

I went with the 275/65. They fit well, now I need to figure out a way to eliminate that awful rake. I expect to add a new suspension system in the next few years, but it is a few years out.

I went with the 275/65. They fit well, now I need to figure out a way to eliminate that awful rake. I expect to add a new suspension system in the next few years, but it is a few years out.
Good to know they turned out well. I havent put many miles at this point but I am pleased so far. Im with you on the suspension, it would be great, but it changes everything and like another member mentioned recently in another thread, it can start adding up quick when you want to do it right.

Good to know they turned out well. I havent put many miles at this point but I am pleased so far. Im with you on the suspension, it would be great, but it changes everything and like another member mentioned recently in another thread, it can start adding up quick when you want to do it right.

I plan to install the OEM spacers up front. Even the 1” makes a difference.

Toyota sells OEM spacers for the front. It helps level out the ride, you can also keep those spacers when you do a suspension lift to keep it level.

I never considered a spacer, but I’ve used them before. Certainly would make the difference. I may have to check those out around my next brake job.

Toyota sells OEM spacers for the front. It helps level out the ride, you can also keep those spacers when you do a suspension lift to keep it level.
Anyone know the correct part number for the spacers? These are springs spacers, not body lift spacers, correct?

43136-60020

This weekend, I had General Grabber ATX tires 275/70r18 installed on stock rims with no lift. It rubs only in reverse at full lock, likely on the mud flap. The tires are surprisingly quiet. On the road, they are not as compliant as the stock tires and noticeably heavier, neither attribute is unexpected.

I expect that I will test them in the mud this coming weekend when I go duck hunting. Last season, in the same location, my Tundra (TRD Off Road) nearly ended up in a pond as it skated across the mud; an F-250 in front of me could not avoid sliding into a levee and got seriously stuck. I hope that my LC will do much better.

This weekend, I had General Grabber ATX tires 275/70r18 installed on stock rims with no lift. It rubs only in reverse at full lock, likely on the mud flap. The tires are surprisingly quiet. On the road, they are not as compliant as the stock tires and noticeably heavier, neither attribute is unexpected.

I expect that I will test them in the mud this coming weekend when I go duck hunting. Last season, in the same location, my Tundra (TRD Off Road) nearly ended up in a pond as it skated across the mud; an F-250 in front of me could not avoid sliding into a levee and got seriously stuck. I hope that my LC will do much better.
Pictures Please!

My experience with KO2 in the rain is not ideal. They tend to slide pretty easily around turns and float over small puddles which makes them a bit dangerous. The tire doesn’t offer a continuous channel to separate the water. What would be a better wet weather AT tire? I was thinking the Cooper AT3 would be a better option.

Hello fellas, new to the forum. Long time Land Rover and G Wagon owner, wanted to see what the fuss was about...can't believe I waited this long, love this truck. Although brand new, I replaced factory tires with Nokian Rotiiva AT, 285/65R18s as I need better winter traction and light off road capability. Looking forward to learning more on this forum.

View attachment 2137129

View attachment 2137130
what the advantage to the "65" as opposed to the OEM "60" aspect ratio?

My experience with KO2 in the rain is not ideal. They tend to slide pretty easily around turns and float over small puddles which makes them a bit dangerous. The tire doesn’t offer a continuous channel to separate the water. What would be a better wet weather AT tire? I was thinking the Cooper AT3 would be a better option.
I have the Cooper AT3 XLTs in 285/75/17. They are great in the downpours we get here in Florida. I have been very happy with them. I had the factory KO2s on a previous Raptor and I was very disappointed in them, as well.

I spent a completely ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out which tire to replace the stock Dunlops. I love the look of the KO2s, but they are not ideal for my 95% on-road use. I ended up ordering Terra Grappler G2s. I had them on my Tundra and I didn't have any complaints. Plus I found a good deal at Walmart. LT285/65/18s were on sale for $219 each. I have a fifth Heritage wheel on the way as well, so I bought five tires.

Wheels and tires going on today. Heritage Edition Bronze wheels (thx @Eric Sarjeant) - Read this thread extensively, ultimately went with Toyo Open Country R/T's in a 275/65/18 size. Wheels have been test fitted, no rubbing either direction at full opposite lock. More than a finger's clearance to the UCA's. Will circle back with better pictures once everything is done.

View attachment 2154886View attachment 2154887
How did you score the HE wheels? I understand Toyota won’t sell em without a VIN?

In my tire search, I was contemplating the same. My search led me to the Falken AT3Ws. Arguable as aggressive as the KO2s, but carries on where the KO2s leave off, namely wear, winter, and wet performance "3Ws". With better NVH. Water handling is helped by its deeper treadblocks, more continuous circumferential groves, and rubber compounds better suited to cold. The KO2s use an offset lug pattern that may help off-road traction, but doesn't evacuate water well.

See the source image

What's your 2 month opinion on the atxs? I have them in 285 65 18 and am pleased so far. I do have a a slight kdss sway bar rub at full lock when on an incline. Will be installing the tough dog lift. Hoping this gives me enough clearance with a proper alignment. Research leads me to believe that running the caster on the lower side around 2 should provide some more clearance.

Last edited:
What's your 2 month opinion on the atxs? I have them in 285 65 18 and am pleased so far. I do have a a slight kdss sway bar rub at full lock when on an incline. Will be installing the tough dog lift. Hoping this gives me enough clearance with a proper alignment. Research leads me to believe that running the caster on the lower side around 2 should provide some more clearance.
Even if you go with the 40/20mm lift front and back save some time and get UCA’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom