200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No spacers yet Tommy. Might get some but don't need them. After trail ride this past weekend, will clean the rig up today and look for any other signs of rubbing. I don't think there are any or I would have felt it driving. Will keep you posted if there are any issues.

No spacers yet Tommy. Might get some but don't need them. After trail ride this past weekend, will clean the rig up today and look for any other signs of rubbing. I don't think there are any or I would have felt it driving. Will keep you posted if there are any issues.
Thanks , appreciate it!

Alright I’m having a hard time with tire selection after reading some threads and the tire database. Right now I am running BFG KO2’s in 285/65/18 on a stock 2017. I have a BP51 kit and UCA’s on order. I’ve become a big big fan of the Cooper ST MAXX tires and would like to try and run them. The options would be 275/70/18 or 295/70/18. I have read some threads where the 285/75/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler’s rub. The 295/70 Coopers are slightly shorter and slightly wider than the 285/75 Nitto’s so I’m guessing I may also have some rubbing. I could remove the front mud flaps and that would help some but I would like to avoid cutting if possible.

Oh and I have the stock 200 wheels and also a set of TRD Pro wheels. I believe the TRD Pro’s will result in a more narrow stance and potential totally increase any rubbing potential. It appears the database has not been updated in a while so I am hoping maybe someone out there has tried a similar setup. I would also consider spacers if that might be helpful.

Actually, if you mean the trd 17's, aren't those a slightly narrower wheel than the standard 18? It's just as likely the inside face is at least equal but possibly further away from the uca with the outside face being roughly the same. These should fit better than the 18's if so. I have a set of factory 17's that I got from UK for my lr3 which is also IFS and have pretty much all the same fitting issues as you all do. (I nearly bought a LC200 few yrs ago and researched these issues extensively at the time)

The LC200 can fir slightly larger tires for the most part with no mods. With similar fender liner and mods to the unibody as well as a bit of the frame, I now am able to fully utilize the almost 34" BFG KM2 in 285/70x18.

I replied to you because of your question about wheel offset which also leads into tire widths. Many people here are showing 295-305 widths which is a bit counterproductive in regard to fitting the maximum diameter while retaining 100% articulated function. Of course nobody wants a 255/80 right? Well I had to rule it out so I did a test fit weekend where I had Discount Tire mount a km2 255/80-17 and a 285/70-18 plus I tested each with and without a 25mm spacer and on front and back. The back is also IS. All 4 corners are air struts but with the rear having 30% more range. The34" in rear totally stuff into the fender liner touching the whole arc almost completely.

At some point I also had tried a 305 which turned out to be ridiculous in that it's width caused way too many issues.

The result is you learn that narrower tucks into the fender interior which is especially important in the rear while up front narrower allows full turning at all flex points and stays away from the UCA.

The last mod that made the 34's really work even in an unlikely emergency of losing the air suspension was installing 50mm strut top spacers. These basically ad 2" to the bump stop full drop level but also set the neutral point of the air strut 2" lower from the frame which is also a 2" higher standard ride height but without losing any of the air spring and damper range.

Now, the difference here is that the strut spacer actually does shift the whole spring/damper range to 2" lower so in essence this is a 2" "lift" but it's still not the same as the solid axle getting a 2" lift front and rear where everything is plus. We are still stuck with factory control arms, and on mine, it's 8 of them. These are still attached in same locations of course so the result gets close to the maximum tolerences when you're stretching it offroad in highly articulated moments. Otherwise, it does mimic an actual lift.

I mention this because it seems anyone serious about larger than 33" tires on the LC should first be looking at longer travel struts, taller springs, and longer dampers or else it's just kind of a waste of $ because it won't allow full flex in those bigger tires. Also, 295 is too wide for a 8" wheel on the LC. It may look cool, but the handling will be s*** and their aired down shape isn't all that great either. Far more functional and superior in aired down use is the 17" with something like 255/80 or as tall as possible in 18". 275/75x18 would be ideal, nice and square would make for incredible highway handling but also it's low psi shape would be nice and long which is almost always best.

Gaijin confirmed 42psi and that is also what BFG emailed me.

How can BFG tell you a psi without knowing the weight on each axle? They must be going off factory base weight?

You know a stock LC200 isn't going to need the same psi as one with 2 steel bumpers, sliders, rack, awnings, RTT, 2nd fuel tank, fridge, food, ....beer

Couple weeks ago a roadside weigh station showed me 7850 lbs. I was solo... no way would 42 would for me rolling 70-80mph. The shop giving you 34 is just plain retarded though. Maybe they thought you were in a Highlander? LOL

On most trips mine is on an almost 32" bfg ko2 275/65x18 and sometimes an almost 34" 285/70-18 km2 but in winter it's on Nokian E load range studded hakkapellittas 17x255/75. They provide totally insane traction through the worst stuff here in the PNW. I highly recommend to anyone wanting winter amazement.

Actually, if you mean the trd 17's, aren't those a slightly narrower wheel than the standard 18? It's just as likely the inside face is at least equal but possibly further away from the uca with the outside face being roughly the same. These should fit better than the 18's if so. I have a set of factory 17's that I got from UK for my lr3 which is also IFS and have pretty much all the same fitting issues as you all do. (I nearly bought a LC200 few yrs ago and researched these issues extensively at the time)

The LC200 can fir slightly larger tires for the most part with no mods. With similar fender liner and mods to the unibody as well as a bit of the frame, I now am able to fully utilize the almost 34" BFG KM2 in 285/70x18.

I replied to you because of your question about wheel offset which also leads into tire widths. Many people here are showing 295-305 widths which is a bit counterproductive in regard to fitting the maximum diameter while retaining 100% articulated function. Of course nobody wants a 255/80 right? Well I had to rule it out so I did a test fit weekend where I had Discount Tire mount a km2 255/80-17 and a 285/70-18 plus I tested each with and without a 25mm spacer and on front and back. The back is also IS. All 4 corners are air struts but with the rear having 30% more range. The34" in rear totally stuff into the fender liner touching the whole arc almost completely.

At some point I also had tried a 305 which turned out to be ridiculous in that it's width caused way too many issues.

The result is you learn that narrower tucks into the fender interior which is especially important in the rear while up front narrower allows full turning at all flex points and stays away from the UCA.

The last mod that made the 34's really work even in an unlikely emergency of losing the air suspension was installing 50mm strut top spacers. These basically ad 2" to the bump stop full drop level but also set the neutral point of the air strut 2" lower from the frame which is also a 2" higher standard ride height but without losing any of the air spring and damper range.

Now, the difference here is that the strut spacer actually does shift the whole spring/damper range to 2" lower so in essence this is a 2" "lift" but it's still not the same as the solid axle getting a 2" lift front and rear where everything is plus. We are still stuck with factory control arms, and on mine, it's 8 of them. These are still attached in same locations of course so the result gets close to the maximum tolerences when you're stretching it offroad in highly articulated moments. Otherwise, it does mimic an actual lift.

I mention this because it seems anyone serious about larger than 33" tires on the LC should first be looking at longer travel struts, taller springs, and longer dampers or else it's just kind of a waste of $ because it won't allow full flex in those bigger tires. Also, 295 is too wide for a 8" wheel on the LC. It may look cool, but the handling will be s*** and their aired down shape isn't all that great either. Far more functional and superior in aired down use is the 17" with something like 255/80 or as tall as possible in 18". 275/75x18 would be ideal, nice and square would make for incredible highway handling but also it's low psi shape would be nice and long which is almost always best.
Did not mean the 17 TRD’s. I ended up going with BP51’s, SPC UCA’s, 18 inch TRD Pro’s and 275/70/18 Cooper ST MAXX tires. Great setup.

ACA6C9F0-DDAE-4630-8D2A-8B10389BBB93.jpeg

I bet those struts are awesome

Noticed a discrepancy in row 35. Tire is listed as 285/70/17, but wheel diametre is listed as 18".

We ran that size in the Goodyear Duratracs for about a year, only rubbed when ya turned the wheel full lock, and barley rubbed at that! That's my daughter Em chillin after a long hike...View attachment 1471422
Hi Kreiten-

We have a stock '17 LC and I am looking for new tires, leaning towards the BFG KO2 LT275/70R18. Looking at the sizing database, I think they'll fit without rubbing. My question to you is does your spare fit without modifications? I read somewhere in this forum about removing a small bracket to get the spare to fit?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kreiten-

We have a stock '17 LC and I am looking for new tires, leaning towards the BFG KO2 LT275/70R18. Looking at the sizing database, I think they'll fit without rubbing. My question to you is does your spare fit without modifications? I read somewhere in this forum about removing a small bracket to get the spare to fit?

Thanks in advance!
The spare will fit perfect, the mod you proly read about was for TRD wheels I'm guessing. You'll be total fine fitting those tires on your rig and the spare under the back and it will make your rig look 1 million times better!

The spare will fit perfect, the mod you proly read about was for TRD wheels I'm guessing. You'll be total fine fitting those tires on your rig and the spare under the back and it will make your rig look 1 million times better!
rock and roll, thanks man! I will be sure to post some pics and any feedback I have on installation.

Thanks again,

Tyler

The NOKIAN HAKKAPPELIITTA LT2 LT275/65R20 on our 08 LX’s stock wheels are being run fine with AHC sensor lift at max, 3/4” Bora spacers on the front only (to clear OEM UCA when turning). Specs are supposed to be 34.1” x 10.8”. They measured about 33 3/8” across the top with a level on the mounted tire.

Front mudflaps are removed. Front inner fender liner moved forward 1” at the leading edge, and no rubbing now. The tires are doing their intended job quite well already on the early season slick roads we had last weekend.

Thanks for the database!

Thanks for the note. I'll make the change. I noticed we had a bunch of new entries (since the last "release") so I copied them over.
Noticed a discrepancy in row 35. Tire is listed as 285/70/17, but wheel diametre is listed as 18".

How can BFG tell you a psi without knowing the weight on each axle? They must be going off factory base weight?

You know a stock LC200 isn't going to need the same psi as one with 2 steel bumpers, sliders, rack, awnings, RTT, 2nd fuel tank, fridge, food, ....beer

Couple weeks ago a roadside weigh station showed me 7850 lbs. I was solo... no way would 42 would for me rolling 70-80mph. The shop giving you 34 is just plain retarded though. Maybe they thought you were in a Highlander? LOL

On most trips mine is on an almost 32" bfg ko2 275/65x18 and sometimes an almost 34" 285/70-18 km2 but in winter it's on Nokian E load range studded hakkapellittas 17x255/75. They provide totally insane traction through the worst stuff here in the PNW. I highly recommend to anyone wanting winter amazement.

I learned years ago from taking a defensive driving course given by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol that you should always run the maximum tire pressure specified on the tire sidewall. This gives you maximum tread pattern contact with the road. The car manufacturer does not manufacture the tires. The car manufacturer's sticker with recommended tire pressures is only to achieve a certain ride quality that the car manufacturer wants.

I learned years ago from taking a defensive driving course given by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol that you should always run the maximum tire pressure specified on the tire sidewall. This gives you maximum tread pattern contact with the road. The car manufacturer does not manufacture the tires. The car manufacturer's sticker with recommended tire pressures is only to achieve a certain ride quality that the car manufacturer wants.

That is stupid and potentially dangerous advice.

HTH

nice

Short answer is the more weight on the axle the more the tire squishes. A full balloon has a tiny contact patch on the ground, but push down on it and it spreads way out... or deflate the balloon and the contact patch also spreads out. Overinflating tires gives you a tiny contact patch. In addition, it makes your suspension bouncy, which could result in you bouncing around uncontrollably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom