200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm on LT285/65R18 and my next set may be LT285/70R18, on OEM wheels. For the tire I'm looking at, it's ~1.5 inch increase in overall diameter, and ~1.5 lbs heavier.
Is the slight hit in performance, and starting to introduce some rubbing, worth that small increase in off-road ability? Assume it's going to be a few more years before I'd consider re-gearing, and I'm not running any armor other then sliders, nor towing anything.

Has anyone tried mounting a 305/65R18 on the OEM wheels? BF Goodrich says 8.5” is the minimum rim width size for a KO2 in that size.

I’m building an overlanding trailer, and that tire is close enough in rolling radius to my vehicle tires that I’m considering mounting the tire to the OEM rim and putting it on my trailer (which saves big money on new rims, too, as I have 5 originals laying around). Gives me multiple truck spares if I’m willing to leave the trailer.

It’s tire testing time here at BudBuilt!
@JohnJB has his 200 in the shop and I’m testing new BFG KO2 on Rock Warriors vs new Nitto Ridge Grappler on Evo Corse wheels both in 285/75r17.
767889F2-A1C1-411E-A61D-B8075B3B2859.jpeg
A0BB822C-8D22-435A-868F-B65E6718255D.jpeg

Initial interesting facts: what doesn’t rub on one 200, can rub hard on another. It because of alignment, but there is a small amount of left right front KDSS bar adjustment.

Last edited:
Size comparison:
They are the same. I mean... both on the same 17”x8” rim. They are the same.

Unmounted
33 5/8” tall
11 3/8” wide at the sidewall bulge
9 1/8” wide at the tread

Mounted (ARB bar, Warn 9.5 XP, BudBuilt Aluminum front skid, Stainless Steel Engine, transmission, and transfer case skids, aluminum fuel skid, .120 DOM Rock Sliders with Kicker, Front Runner full rack):
Both are 32.5” tall on the dot (ultimately measured by one of Bud’s lasers measuring things.

So no more, “BFGs run small” comments. Had this been 5 minutes before I made this post, I would of said BFGs run small, but not true. At least on 285/75r17 on a 17”x8” rim.

03AF6DD2-7B79-4A60-89CB-0A43F2CAD058.jpeg
F97C6E03-C922-4A25-9AAF-5BC7EA07D083.jpeg

I have that size KO2 on antracite Evo’s. The bronze looks better than I thought. If you have a pic of that wheel on the truck, please post a pic. And tell Rob I said “hi”, he did a great job installing my rock sliders.

I have that size KO2 on antracite Evo’s. The bronze looks better than I thought. If you have a pic of that wheel on the truck, please post a pic. And tell Rob I said “hi”, he did a great job installing my rock sliders.

You just said hi to Rob as he's taco2cruiser.

And pics, meh, it's a 200 on some funny colored Evos, just use your imagination ;)

Ha, that is funny. I was thinking that it made sense that Taco was at Budbuilt as he and Rob would probably get along great because of current passion and past military service. Hopefully that’s my only airhead moment of the day.

I'm on a mission to get these installed. Anyone have any recommendations tires or suspension 18x9 +25 Offset, similar specs to a popular Method Wheel that's in the database. Still looking for a good shop in the Las Vegas area.
2019-06-14.jpg

I'm on a mission to get these installed. Anyone have any recommendations tires or suspension 18x9 +25 Offset, similar specs to a popular Method Wheel that's in the database. Still looking for a good shop in the Las Vegas area. View attachment 2002918

I am considering these and would like to see a pic of them once installed. My LC is black on black so i think i may opt for the bronze ones though. Did you order direct from SCS?

I am considering these and would like to see a pic of them once installed. My LC is black on black so i think i may opt for the bronze ones though. Did you order direct from SCS?
Yup, ordered direct from SCS. I'll follow up on updates. Looking at the bp51 kit on slee and discount tire rack is having a nice sale this weekend... now what size tire to buy🤔

Reactions: CGP
I'm not sure if this (or some other) calculator has been linked in this thread, but I've found it to be a very handy tool when comparing wheel and tire specs for fitment information:

Here's a pic of mine with the SCS wheels to give you an idea of what it looks like with a lift... I am running 305/65/18 KO2's

How big of a lift? Found an installer who suggested ome 2inch lift and 285/70r18, should not have issues rubbing. Working out an install date for next week.

2 inch lift front and rear. You will have to move the liner forward or it will rub. Getting it properly aligned is crucial to minimize/ eliminate rubbing.

So no more, “BFGs run small” comments. Had this been 5 minutes before I made this post, I would of said BFGs run small, but not true. At least on 285/75r17 on a 17”x8” rim.
These are my BFG KO2's in 34 X10.50R17 with approx 21k miles on them. I think unmounted and new they were 33.4 but I don't remember for sure.

The rig has an Old Man Emu lift and right after I got the above tires I felt they looked a bit small. So I had a 35x12.5x17 mounted with the predictable results of too much rubbing. I thought maybe I could get away with a little rubbing until I got the KDSS relo bracket and upper control arms - but it was more than expected. Anyways I punted and kept the 34's.

Thinking really hard about those 285/75 17's in your post and wish I would've looked harder at them when I got these 34's 2 years ago. The 34's were $316 back then ($336 now) and the 285's about $251 now.

So Taco2Cruiser I appreciate your post about those 285's, I've been wondering about them but was afraid I would have the same experience I did with the 34's. Might just have to get some.

IMG_8788.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg

Here's a pic of mine with the SCS wheels to give you an idea of what it looks like with a lift... I am running 305/65/18 KO2's

View attachment 2015314

Those look great! Did you by any chance try fitting the wheels and tires before the lift? I plan to keep the stock height but will go with the set up you have or 285/65/18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom