200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“Greater. As explained above, it is solely to prevent heat build-up for more material and rubber. It's not driven by the need to support load as is the common mis-understanding for increased pressures on LT tires.”

A greater pressure prevents heat build up?
The “more material and rubber” creates more heat buildup? It’s not the load?

You may want to brush up on gas laws and material and thermodynamics.

LOL. Probably something I should brush up on because my day job requires that I understand that to keep things from falling out of the sky.

Since you seem to know something, please share.

“Greater. As explained above, it is solely to prevent heat build-up for more material and rubber. It's not driven by the need to support load as is the common mis-understanding for increased pressures on LT tires.”

A greater pressure prevents heat build up?
The “more material and rubber” creates more heat buildup? It’s not the load?

You may want to brush up on gas laws and material and thermodynamics.
Waiting for the boyles law lesson now….

the amount of gas in a tire is essentially constant once closing the inflation valves. When you rotate a tire down the road a few miles, the pressure is higher in the tire. Did the load on the tire change? If anything it became less as the truck burned fuel. Did the amount of gas in the tire change? Since the pressure is greater, and the volume didn’t change, we know the temp must be greater And generated by an outside factor.

Heat buildup in tires comes mostly from the tire materials flexing when in motion. if a tire flexes more, more heat is generated. If a tire is inflated more, it flexes less, therefore generating less heat. Likewise, the more tire material In question, the more heat it generates. Some heat comes from friction, but same rules would apply, a lesser inflated tire would have more friction, and therefore more heat.

Waiting for the boyles law lesson now….

the amount of gas in a tire is essentially constant once closing the inflation valves. When you rotate a tire down the road a few miles, the pressure is higher in the tire. Did the load on the tire change? If anything it became less as the truck burned fuel. Did the amount of gas in the tire change? Since the pressure is greater, and the volume didn’t change, we know the temp must be greater And generated by an outside factor.

Heat buildup in tires comes mostly from the tire materials flexing when in motion. if a tire flexes more, more heat is generated. If a tire is inflated more, it flexes less, therefore generating less heat. Likewise, the more tire material In question, the more heat it generates. Some heat comes from friction, but same rules would apply, a lesser inflated tire would have more friction, and therefore more heat.

Well, once you know how to defeat the law of gravity, Boyle, Charles, and Gay-Lussac really don’t matter I guess.

LOL. Probably something I should brush up on because my day job requires that I understand that to keep things from falling out of the sky.

Well, once you know how to defeat the law of gravity, Boyle, Charles, and Gay-Lussac really don’t matter I guess.

Just say what you want to say. This forum is to share thoughts, ideas, and tech. That last part is a bit more grounded and sometimes harder to convey over words. We might even be on the same page and just talking past each other. You might not believe it but I'm open to being wrong and have learned things too.

Just say what you want to say. This forum is to share thoughts, ideas, and tech. That last part is a bit more grounded and sometimes harder to convey over words. We might even be on the same page and just talking past each other. You might not believe it but I'm open to being wrong and have learned things too.
I think we may be.

I know that you and lx200inAR are speaking to the hysteresis that generates the heat in the tires. I guess my thinking is, the degree to which that hysteresis occurs is due to the load. If we were to inflate a tire to a given pressure and then roll it down the road, the hysteresis within the tire would be less than that is same tire at the same inflation pressure moving at the same speed under load from a vehicle. As another example, if I fill the tires on my kid’s bike to a given pressure, the hysteresis and ultimately the heat generated will be greater if I am riding the bike as opposed to him.

With respect to a vehicle, the load is not changing like in the aforementioned example. However, while I agree that the increased inflation pressure will mitigate the heat generated, I believe the load is the driving factor. If we were to increase the load of the vehicle, would we not increase the tire pressure?

After reading this, I think we may be saying the same thing.

New to the 200 series as I sold my 80 to get into one. I've looked and looked through this thread....are Rock Warrior wheels the only Toyota option for a 17" wheel. I see plenty of after market stuff, but only RW's from Toyota. Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing what the 200 can do.

There are some rare 17" steelies (both in 5-spoke and multi-hole design) that were available for the 200 in the middle east and could probably be shipped here. IIRC, they are quite narrow, so probably wouldn't work for many of the larger tire sizes.

Having trouble understanding the offset and backspacing combination for Method wheels (There is a LX wheel/tire thread but I can't find it today). The 18" fit the LX570 but I was planning on 17" wheels. Dealer says no problem but I wanted to check here first. The vehicle is 80% off road driven. 707 | Matte Black - https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/707-matte-black
  • LX570 stock is +60mm offset
  • Method 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.72" backspacing
  • Method 18x9, +25 offset, 6" backspacing
Another question, I've wanted STT Pro for a few years and now that its time to replace them, I wonder if newer technology has improved on them. Alternatively, just started browsing the Baja Boss M/T 285/70R17 and Wildpeak R/T 285/75R17 if we do more winter driving. Not winter driven in the past but planning ski trips next year.

Is this the most recent version of database?

Last edited:
Having trouble understanding the offset and backspacing combination for Method wheels (There is a LX wheel/tire thread but I can't find it today). The 18" fit the LX570 but I was planning on 17" wheels. Dealer says no problem but I wanted to check here first. The vehicle is 80% off road driven. 707 | Matte Black - https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/707-matte-black
  • LX570 stock is +60mm offset
  • Method 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.72" backspacing
  • Method 18x9, +25 offset, 6" backspacing
Another question, I've wanted STT Pro for a few years and now that its time to replace them, I wonder if newer technology has improved on them. Alternatively, just started browsing the Baja Boss M/T 285/70R17 and Wildpeak R/T 285/75R17 if we do more winter driving. Not winter driven in the past but planning ski trips next year.

Is this the most recent version of database?

I ran STT-pro's for about 15k miles. Absolutely bomb-proof offroad in everything except wet snow. Horrible road manners though. They didn't track straight, were lumpy and got noisier every 5k miles. If your ride is an offroad toy, go for it.

Well I made it trough 114 pages and kinda think I know a direction I want to go.. I'm looking at the New:

Rebound Pro / Bronze​

In Stock

price: $369.99 $314.49 15% off

sku : 21817855557BR

Size: 17x8.50

Weight: 32 Pounds

Bolt Pattern: 5x150

Offset: 25mm

Backspacing: 5.750"

Bore: 110.10mm

I have a 2019 LC200 with the Factory 1" lift 43136-60020 X2 getting installed in a few weeks and I guess I'm still not sure about the Scrub Radius with these Icons with a off set of 25MM vs the Factory off set ? I'm a NO wheel spacer guy and plan on running the Toyo Open Country A/T III in 285/70 r17 which seem to have good reviews here and want to stay in the stock range as the 18'' rims but with a 17 so I can have a little more side wall..

I'm not sure I saw this listed but is the Bore Diameter 110.10 on the 200 Series ?

Any Pic's of these new wheels on a 200 Series ?

Gx6zqt.png

Last edited:
Again, I'm kind of working in the dark here, but did you not see the link I posted to the Toyo Tires doc?

Just in case you missed it, here it is again: Guidelines for the Application of Load and Inflation Tables

All the facts you need to double check Discount Tire should be in there. If you still have any questions, just post up and we'll try to fill in the gaps.

HTH
@gaijin - can you assist me with my CTIP? Method 316 wheels 17x8 +25, Toyo Open Country P285/70/17. I am currently running 35 cold.

Finally got some tires mounted to my rock warriors. Ended up going with 285/70r17 Kenda Klever R/T. I would highly recommend using SimpleTire for your tire buying. Was a great process and with some discount codes; these were very reasonably priced.

IMG-1004.jpg

I wound up going with this:
- Alpha Equipt 17" x 8.5"
- +35 Offset
- Falken Wildpeak R/T 01 in 255/80R17. (Falken measures these as 33.3 diameter and 10.3 width)
- Westcott Designs Preload lift (1.75" rear, 3" front)
- Removed mudflaps
- Removed running boards

I'll say that the steering feel going to such a skinny tire is significantly more twitchy, and with the higher center of gravity don't love it.

I'm considering moving up to 285/75R17, which Falken lists as 34.1 diameter and 11.5 width. My question to the mind hive is do we think or know that the increase in diameter will require a BMC, KDSS relocate, UCA swap, etc etc? I'm not adding much over factory width of 11.2 and I've pushed the wheels out 25 mm so I'm not sure what to think

I wound up going with this:
- Alpha Equipt 17" x 8.5"
- +35 Offset
- Falken Wildpeak R/T 01 in 255/80R17. (Falken measures these as 33.3 diameter and 10.3 width)
- Westcott Designs Preload lift (1.75" rear, 3" front)
- Removed mudflaps
- Removed running boards

I'll say that the steering feel going to such a skinny tire is significantly more twitchy, and with the higher center of gravity don't love it.

I'm considering moving up to 285/75R17, which Falken lists as 34.1 diameter and 11.5 width. My question to the mind hive is do we think or know that the increase in diameter will require a BMC, KDSS relocate, UCA swap, etc etc? I'm not adding much over factory width of 11.2 and I've pushed the wheels out 25 mm so I'm not sure what to think
After getting your lift installed do you know your alignment numbers ? 3" in the front is a good sized lift and you may not have enough caster with the factory UCAs.

I would vote to get the lt285/75r17. 34" is a great size for the 200. Fits easy enough and won't need a BMC with a 35mm offset wheel. I have 25mm offset and I clear the BM but had to remove the mud flaps. You may end up rubbing the driver side KDSS at full lock, small alignment tweaks can assist here.

I parked next to this well sorted gray 200 today and really liked the Braid Wheels with these 285/70r17 KM3 tires. Looks perfect IMHO. Made my 275/70r18 KO2s on stock wheels with 1.25" spidertrax look like they were experiencing shrinkage. LOL... really nice wheel/tire set up. Anyone know a good guess on offset on these Braid wheels? Anyone know who the owner might be- assuming a MUD member?

IMG_4325.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4327.jpeg

I parked next to this well sorted gray 200 today and really liked the Braid Wheels with these 285/70r17 KM3 tires. Looks perfect IMHO. Made my 275/70r18 KO2s on stock wheels with 1.25" spidertrax look like they were experiencing shrinkage. LOL... really nice wheel/tire set up. Anyone know a good guess on offset on these Braid wheels? Anyone know who the owner might be- assuming a MUD member?

View attachment 3343975View attachment 3343976View attachment 3343977

275/70/18 is a little larger than 285/70/17 like .2" bigger in circumference, i think the offset of the wheels make them look bigger

I've got some in the garage, different model but same size and I was planning to run them with the 275/70/18's that are currently on the truck with the stock wheels. I was worried about how they'd look but I am digging the stance so thanks for sharing. What part of Texas are you running around in?
@Tex68w,
Did you ever install your 275/70/18 KO2’s on the stock wheels?

I’m going to need new tires soon and have a stock suspension and am considering these tires (or the KO3’s if they come out in time).

Can you say how much “poke” you get/got?
I want to keep it flush because my dog has his head out of the window whenever I’m going slow on dirt roads and I don’t want anything flung at him.

Well I made it trough 114 pages and kinda think I know a direction I want to go.. I'm looking at the New:

Rebound Pro / Bronze​

In Stock

price: $369.99 $314.49 15% off

sku : 21817855557BR

Size: 17x8.50

Weight: 32 Pounds

Bolt Pattern: 5x150

Offset: 25mm

Backspacing: 5.750"

Bore: 110.10mm

I have a 2019 LC200 with the Factory 1" lift 43136-60020 X2 getting installed in a few weeks and I guess I'm still not sure about the Scrub Radius with these Icons with a off set of 25MM vs the Factory off set ? I'm a NO wheel spacer guy and plan on running the Toyo Open Country A/T III in 285/70 r17 which seem to have good reviews here and want to stay in the stock range as the 18'' rims but with a 17 so I can have a little more side wall..

I'm not sure I saw this listed but is the Bore Diameter 110.10 on the 200 Series ?

Any Pic's of these new wheels on a 200 Series ?

Gx6zqt.png
Those are really cool wheels. I was considering them as well but then I went the 18" route. They have the perfect amount of offset so you should be fine.

I ordered 18x9 Method MR318 +18mm offset 5.66 backspacing. And I got 295/70/18 BFG KO2 to go with it. I am anticipating a fair amount of rubbing but nothing that can't be fixed ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom