200 series picture thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be willing to put a deposit towards a group buy on a Slee rear bumper with carriers for my new to me LC200. Christo please make this happen. There is a small market of us who want your bumpers.

@sleeoffroad I would also put a deposit down for one of his rear bumpers w/carriers

Farwell mountain Steamboat Springs. Nice 4 hour ride. Pretty mild but still fun for the kids.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408235158.860379.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408235184.296311.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408235217.182889.jpg

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Nice ... I'll be near there (relatively speaking) in a few weeks on a hunting trip ....

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

We were hoping to see some moose as they had signs they were active in the area. Just some deer this trip.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Cool pictures.
Any info on tire size or suspensions on those 200s?

per youtube/ v=bT5vgkPrzzc (start from 3:45, sorry, not able to URL link, i'm a new forum user), shocks are KYB and tires are BFG LT285/70R17 "Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2"

per youtube/ v=bT5vgkPrzzc (start from 3:45, sorry, not able to URL link, i'm a new forum user), shocks are KYB and tires are BFG LT285/70R17 "Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2"
Thanks. :beer:

Since I got my 100 series two years ago my wife has gotten the cruiser bug. Her dream car has been a red 200 series, and I finally found one on the used market. Picked it up Friday. I have been on the 100 forum a bit and lurked around here, mostly drooling. Anyhow here is a pic. Hope to be able to contribute here.

IMG_20140816_195105_677.jpg

@kklaus121 I am envious of the red. My 80 is red and I really wanted a red 200, but have been told that the SE Toyota distributor will not order them in red .... :bang:

I saw a 2014 red one few months back displayed at Sacramento State Fair. It was beige interior, which I am not fan off. But red looks good. I could not snap a picture as my cell battery was out.

Here is my first 200 Series. I bought it last week at Pedersen Toyota in Fort Collins, CO. It is a 1-owner 2011, and it had 70,000 miles on the odometer.
10610817_10101337189673036_819075974577998351_n_zpsdc03324a.jpg

I wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to codyaustin5. He was kind enough to inspect it for me (I live in Mississippi), giving me a good peace of mind before putting down a deposit and flying out to Colorado. Thanks man!

I just sold my FJ40 last Sunday, and I was on my way to Colorado on Monday.

I am loving it so far. The only issue it seems to have is that when I take a sharp turn or go over a big bump, the "rear door open" indicator comes on. I used the FSM, and then adjusted the position of the rear hatch striker. It has reduced the problem by about 90%, but every once in a while, the light comes on. Any ideas?

I'll post better, higher quality pics as they come. Looking forward to building this girl up (as funds allow!!).

Last edited:
Pretty decent gas mileage from Fort Smith, Arkansas to Flora, Mississippi.

unnamed_zps0ecbdbd1.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome! It looks even better than when I saw it! Glad I could help out. They do that pose after every purchase, be sure they send you the calendar with that! Can't wait to see what you do to it.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Here is my first 200 Series. I bought it last week at Pedersen Toyota in Fort Collins, CO. It is a 1-owner 2011, and it had 70,000 miles on the odometer.
10610817_10101337189673036_819075974577998351_n_zpsdc03324a.jpg

I wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to codyaustin5. He was kind enough to inspect it for me (I live in Mississippi), giving me a good peace of mind before putting down a deposit and flying out to Colorado. Thanks man!

I just sold my FJ40 last Sunday, and I was on my way to Colorado on Monday.

I am loving it so far. The only issue it seems to have is that when I take a sharp turn or go over a big bump, the "rear door open" indicator comes on. I used the FSM, and then adjusted the position of the rear hatch striker. It has reduced the problem by about 90%, but every once in a while, the light comes on. Any ideas?

I'll post better, higher quality pics as they come. Looking forward to building this girl up (as funds allow!!).

Congrats on the green cruiser. I know you have been looking long and hard for that rare beast.

Pretty decent gas mileage from Fort Smith, Arkansas to Flora, Mississippi.

unnamed_zps0ecbdbd1.jpg

I've never seen anything close to 20 mpg. Congrats. I'm envious. I hit 12.9 last night and was excited that it was better than my typical 12.2mpg.

The only issue it seems to have is that when I take a sharp turn or go over a big bump, the "rear door open" indicator comes on. I used the FSM, and then adjusted the position of the rear hatch striker. It has reduced the problem by about 90%, but every once in a while, the light comes on. Any ideas?

Andrew, this is a common issue that is caused by an intermittent earthing contact in the tail gate lock mechanism. Happily its reasonably easy to fix although I had my lock mechanism replaced under warrantee before finding out how easy it was to fix by a fellow Lcool member.

Remove the lock by unscrewing the fixing bolts and disconnect the electrical plug. If you take out the single screw at the back of the lock the electronic part of the switch comes away easily, you can then access the switch contacts through a small hole in the latch itself. The contact itself is simply a piece of brass shim that is moved by the latch itself, by gently bending the shim out a little the problem can be fixed.

Good luck, and welcome.

Whoa, that is easy. I'll tackle that as soon as I get home. Thanks for the wise advice.

Do you have any issues with rubbing with the 275/70-R18's?
at full turn there is the slightest bit of rubbing, I believe it is on the control arm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom