200 series picture thread (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Um ya, huge loads of bite, Lc took it all smooth , rigg looks fantastic !

Thank you! I have had 18s and 17s and prefer the 17s for that extra sidewall. One of the 100s in the group was on 285/65/18 KO2s which is a very common size here, and you can see much less squish there is in the sidewall. He still had no issue, and everyone on the run did an excellent job driving. There was a slight rollover on Hells Gate which became complicated, but that's for a different post!

Here is the 100 on 285/65/18 compared to the 200 on 285/75/17

I aired down to around 16psi on Hells Revenge, but throughout the weekend my pressures ranged from 10-17psi. I didn't intend to go down to 10psi, but I had left the deflators on a little too long while chatting and got them down to 12psi and the cold weather took them down further to 10psi after lunch. I air down to a wide range of pressures based on the conditions, but I rarely go below 14psi or above 22psi when off road. As you can see in the videos, the lower pressure gave the tires a lot of bite on the rocks while also still giving good sidewall and rim protection.
I start getting nervous below 14psi but I am probably just being overly paranoid...wheeling with the 200 full of 2 car seats, wife, dog...last thing i want to do is be replacing a tire lol. Good to know you can go even lower without issue. Thats some serious sidewall flex/bite action!

Little car camping this past weekend in the Ozarks

14610210-9842-49F9-ACDD-8CAF913F7708.jpeg

5B49452B-2465-48A3-B49B-A3AF94DE7595.jpeg

B4D2019B-EC26-40EF-94CB-7C62508A7A32.jpeg

I start getting nervous below 14psi but I am probably just being overly paranoid...wheeling with the 200 full of 2 car seats, wife, dog...last thing i want to do is be replacing a tire lol. Good to know you can go even lower without issue. Thats some serious sidewall flex/bite action!

Ya, its one of those fuzzy math questions. Lower limit isn’t set in stone. Depends on terrain and traction/float needs....your tires...your rims...your driving. Really need to keep an eye on speed, turns, off-camber, what you’re driving over, etc or or you can pinch-cut your tires, or roll off of them.

In soft sand, I’d go close to that, but not in jaggy rocks with my truck’s weight.

This is at about 16-18psi in these photos, and it was about right.

784D33BD-B977-4189-B4E7-5A955C434913.jpeg
01567E88-C951-446D-9DCB-2DB8FAA83F07.jpeg

Too much lower in the above spot, and you start pinching in the rocks.

On mushy/loose sand? Pinch cutting isnt the issue. More about losing a bead...but if just trying to get straight out, you can certainly go super low.

I just tbink its another one of the many “answers” that should start with “it depends...”
:meh:

Ps. Those tireshots were extracted from a great little video @TheGrrrrr shot last year at LCDC. Thanks, Matt!

Last edited:
Ya, its one of those fuzzy math questions. Lower limit isn’t set in stone. Depends on terrain and traction/float needs....your tires...your rims...your driving. Really need to keep an eye on speed, turns, off-camber, what you’re driving over, etc or or you can pinch-cut your tires, or roll off of them.

In soft sand, I’d go close to that, but not in jaggy rocks with my truck’s weight.

This is at about 16-18psi in these photos, and it was about right.

View attachment 2651666View attachment 2651667

Too much lower in the above spot, and you start pinching in the rocks.

On mushy/loose sand? Pinch cutting isnt the issue. More about losing a bead...but if just trying to get straight out, you can certainly go super low.

I just tbink its another one of the many “answers” that should start with “it depends...”
:meh:
Nice shots. Lt285/75r17 looks oh so good especially aired down and flexing over the pointy stuff. Sidewall for days! Thats some good info to be aware of. I usually start at 20 PSI and then go down to 16PSI depending on the terrain with my LT275/70/18 kenda klever RTs.

One last Cruise Moab video featuring @TheGrrrrr @Markuson @RobW0 @Gregtoy144 on Wipeout Hill.

Great compilation video. Holy skinny pedal Red FJC lol, that's how you break stuff haha. The TJM bumper on the Illinois plated 'YOTA' 200 is tits! She could use some bigger meats to offset the presence of that bumper.

Next question @mcgaskins, do you plan to keep and continue to build and use your 200 after the Rivian comes home or will she go on down the road like all of those before her?

Behind the wheel, cruising to Moab.
2E0BC2FE-F4D4-461B-81F6-753E5B15A546.jpeg

Step one of @mcgaskins wheeling for success plan, clean vehicle.

A419EBEC-336E-4C23-B305-1B8226B93D17.jpeg

Step two, wheel. @RobW0 towards the end of Hells Revenge

00E3CA46-76DC-48C0-BE94-7908B79D5F41.jpeg

Step three, repeat step two. @Markuson somewhere on a side trail off the main Wipeout Hill trail.

C1728112-2871-46FE-8162-CB2C918B8587.jpeg

Step four, repeat step three. @Gregtoy144 on Behind the Rocks.

4827E1C3-A45F-41C9-A288-93F10C157057.jpeg

And that’s all the steps I can fit into a single post.

Dang that's a sweet van 😍 I'll bet whoever camped in it stayed dry and warm the first 2 nights camping in the rain!

Ya, I thought of your dang diesel heater when I was FREEZING on the S R Swell first night. o_O

Behind the wheel, cruising to Moab.
View attachment 2651898

Step one of @mcgaskins wheeling for success plan, clean vehicle.

View attachment 2651899

Step two, wheel. @RobW0 towards the end of Hells Revenge

View attachment 2651903

Step three, repeat step two. @Markuson somewhere on a side trail off the main Wipeout Hill trail.

View attachment 2651904

Step four, repeat step three. @Gregtoy144 on Behind the Rocks.

View attachment 2651905

And that’s all the steps I can fit into a single post.

Nice! Still not home yet, but will post up. That little extra run after Wipeout Hill was a hoot.

Great compilation video. Holy skinny pedal Red FJC lol, that's how you break stuff haha. The TJM bumper on the Illinois plated 'YOTA' 200 is tits! She could use some bigger meats to offset the presence of that bumper.

Next question @mcgaskins, do you plan to keep and continue to build and use your 200 after the Rivian comes home or will she go on down the road like all of those before her?
The TJM held-up well in Moab. Very happy with it so far. Next set of tires will be one size up.

You are exactly right - almost all the issues I see on the trail are the result of too much skinny pedal! Regarding keeping or selling the 200, I think it would be very hard to part with it especially now that it's dialed in. I think it might be fun to keep it alongside the new vehicle and do some back to back comparisons :)

Loved watching all the videos from Cruise Moab! Super inspiring to see 200's take on Wipeout Hill and Hell's Revenge (with some expert spotting!) The timing of our family's cross country move led me here to Moab the following week and today's our last day. We had a fantastic initial run at Dome Plataeu (pics in another thread) but yesterday, I realized that I had the itch to try something a little more challenging so I took the fam to Fin's N Things. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much video or pics because my passenger were my two young kids in carseats and my 74 year old mom in the driver's seat (wife was working back at the house) but super excited to have made it through (mostly) unscathed. Lots of parking on the flat bits, hopping out, and trying to self-spot. We did take a couple hits to the running boards and rear bumper but I'm looking to replace both when we arrive in VA anyway (lead times were way too long before we left). Thinking Bud Built for sliders but would love any recommendations for a rear bumper - not looking for swingouts as it's still the family car and I don't want to make it harder to access the rear.

Here are a couple of shots from when I asked the 6yo to hop out, climb up to a safe location and snap some phone pics. The cargo box on top is empty during the run so not much extra weight up there - it's just a PITA to remove.

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9450.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom