200 series picture thread (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@chazzmatazz Have fun. It's perfect weather right now. Lots of water crossings. I chickened out on this one...

Yep, Mercedes has the same design on their remote start. The engine stops when you open the door. Idiotic.
It truly is idiotic. My '16 King Ranch F150 had great remote start that did not shut off when you unlocked or opened a door. You couldn't just get in and drive off though. The fob had to be in range of the start button and the button pressed to truly turn the truck "on" so you could drive. I have no idea why Toyota can't make their remote start like this. It's pretty dumb.

My 2017 F-350 has a great remote start too. No idea why Toyota couldn’t do this on the LC. And the Ford wasn’t even as expensive.

In practice the remote start is idiotic. I know that it has to do with theft prevention, but it is annoying to have the truck shut off when the door unlocks. First World Problems.
I agree, I’ve never used mine because of this. I live in San Diego so the best it will serve me is on really hot days where I can get the AC ripping ahead of time.

As always, Toyota getting owned by technology. If the truck detected the fob and stayed on I’d use it all the time.

Remote start is great for sleeping inside truck. In cold weather, I'll wake and crank it a few times to get some heat added to the cabin then it shuts off automatically and I'm usually back asleep. Lol

I had dealer program the "all windows down and sunroof open" with remote which is great for summer.

I had dealer program the "all windows down and sunroof open" with remote which is great for summer.
Be careful, I programmed mine like that using Carista. This winter, I must have bent *just* right at some point and opened all of the windows and sunroof. I didn't discover it until the next day. Fortunately, even though it got down to 5°F, we didn't have any precipitation. Just frosty inside the windscreen. I reprogrammed it that day! :)

My 2017 F-350 has a great remote start too. No idea why Toyota couldn’t do this on the LC. And the Ford wasn’t even as expensive.
Our old QX80 had it, too. Car would run (but not drive) until you got in, put your foot on the brake and hit the start button. So you could warm it up on cold ski mornings while you loaded up.

Our old QX80 had it, too. Car would run (but not drive) until you got in, put your foot on the brake and hit the start button. So you could warm it up on cold ski mornings while you loaded up.
No clue in regards to the HE model but it is an option for the standard 200.
Remote start, glass break sensor and things like PPF on hood could be port side installed options. My 2018 LC remote start was done my Southeast Toyota region before it made it to dealer lot in NC.

Brought her home today to the concrete jungle.

E139316D-BC50-469F-853E-D3DDEC60F013.jpeg

No way, would never leave this kind of vehicle on the street for long. She’ll be parked in a garage. Just barely fit though with the roof rack...

@indycole @FULL T1ME and I spent some time in Moab last weekend.... won’t bore you with the 2 80’s but Cole’s 200 did awesome... fins n things and seven mile, were highlights for me.

DEBB5948-E946-4BFF-AD02-E4B0C2814826.jpeg

5D0FD294-62BC-4B00-9594-F810C8A88C6F.jpeg

7EBBC265-903E-49A8-B53D-826BB0419D6D.jpeg

B08CBBFA-9481-482B-89DC-4598174CA0B0.jpeg

8745DB2F-DBC6-4AF5-993A-8CE4C9CDD54D.jpeg

88270D4C-14E6-4AF0-9D3D-E3A0B3667D95.jpeg

7F39D054-66E9-428C-B658-CE8EDAB5AA08.jpeg

EE60587A-623E-4ED7-8AE6-AC0E92F458DA.jpeg

EEF903F5-5F24-4505-B75C-B7EB5654257D.jpeg

Impromptu trip to the Ozarks this weekend on the buffalo river.

View attachment 2643013
I'm heading back east on I40 in a few weeks.... would love to know where this spot is. heading west 10 months ago we stopped at Echo Bluffs state park northwest of Memphis. water was crazy clear
IMG_3722.jpeg

No way, would never leave this kind of vehicle on the street for long. She’ll be parked in a garage. Just barely fit though with the roof rack...

Just need to trade in the roof rack for 35's 🤓

Believe it or not, on Toyota's flagship vehicle that costs $86-91K, remote start is not standard. It is one of the very few options available on the vehicle and an overwhelming amount of them don't have it. It's absurd but at the end of the day maybe not a big deal because their factory remote start shuts off when you open the door which is stupid.
Had it on my previous 200. Worst remote start system I’ve had had and would not pay for it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom