200 series picture thread (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found some deep snow to play in:

b1Kyf2C.jpg

Made a fire.

oSbauaf.jpg

Cooked some sausages.

btEc3Yp.jpg

Someone was unsatisfied with eating half of human's sausages, and decided to snack on some quality sticks.

JBM2bfP.jpg

I finally slapped together some footage from the trip - the camper recoveries are at 37 and 54 seconds. It was a great trip especially with the snow!

Did your buddy sell his built LX? I saw it today at Mary Jane.

You may be getting a call for the rights to that shot...🏆

Just wrapped up 5600 miles... will never do Central Montana again without an LC if I can help it... and am now researching metal bumpers at the wife's request (I was vocal in painting a picture of what would happen w vs w/o said bumper, 200 miles from help and surrounded by gaggles of animals). It worked better than I had hoped.... "GET ONE FOR US, PLEASE".

Few Learnings / thoughts:

Crossing narrow and rough roads at night was helped by Baja Designs - massively helped. The side lighting they provide is even more valuable than the ample downfield light.

Sonar cruise control is the heat - just worked well. Except in wet snow, then it shuts down. Overall, pretty stoked on it.

I only got temporarily stuck for 30 minutes (deep snow, NW Montana) despite a variety of poor decisions. It was literally RIGHT after I told my wife I'd never get stuck. My good shovel was on the porch of the cabin (hrs away).... all I had was Maxtrax and they shot like rockets due to ice as a bottom layer. Will add long climbing rope to each to aid in recovery/discovery in snow.

LOVED having the roof box on proper thule bars, no movement despite 85 mph travel speeds. Previously ran three factory bars and while I liked the factory look, the thules will never come off.

Double love for a radar detector mounted off the rear-view mirror (Uniden has come a long way). Useful just about everywhere, rarely false positives (10x in 72 hours of driving), etc.

Need to solve - leveling out the rear space. Dogs took the second row but there's a more efficient and comfortable solution for all of us.

I wanted another 1-2'' of clearance... missed having it a number of areas. But am not likely to buy shocks that require rebuilds every two years.....

Sliders - I got lucky not to rip up my doors when I got stuck in a handful of feet of sierra cement, mixed with plow induced ice-blocks. Noted and will add before next big trip.

Amazing vehicles....

20201230_065401.jpg

A few new additions

F329A6CD-01F9-43B3-A690-A065AE509BA4.jpeg

Truck looks great. How does it drive after all your hardcore wheeling? Still feel right? Track well?
Thanks. Yeah. I’ve had to replace a few things. I bent a steering knuckle, sheared off my alignment tabs, tie-rod ends went bad, and my last set of oem pads only lasted a little over 20k miles, but over all she has really impressed.:)

I serviced this today...

A376C66D-871A-446D-BC19-46F86216A968.jpeg

It’s owned by one of my (Audi) customers, it’s his “other” car. I knew he had it and he knows I have an 80, but we’ve never been able to talk cruisers. Well, the other day he’s dropping off wheels/tires for his Audi, and my wife and boys were there in our 200, and my 80 was on the lot, so the cruiser talk happened... he went on to say the local Toyota store scheduled him 2 weeks out for an oil change. I told him I’d do it and look it over before they could... it’s a ‘19 with 29k miles, been serviced twice, both at Toyota dealers... none of the grease zerks had been touched... and I had to give him the bad news...

FBFB9CD4-BC39-4FE9-9ADD-31CD70809DA5.jpeg

...ruined recirc door after the first cabin filter replacement. Bob Tyler Toyota, Pensacola, FL... unbelievable!!

I serviced this today...

View attachment 2561006

It’s owned by one of my (Audi) customers, it’s his “other” car. I knew he had it and he knows I have an 80, but we’ve never been able to talk cruisers. Well, the other day he’s dropping off wheels/tires for his Audi, and my wife and boys were there in our 200, and my 80 was on the lot, so the cruiser talk happened... he went on to say the local Toyota store scheduled him 2 weeks out for an oil change. I told him I’d do it and look it over before they could... it’s a ‘19 with 29k miles, been serviced twice, both at Toyota dealers... none of the grease zerks had been touched... and I had to give him the bad news...

View attachment 2561010

...ruined recirc door after the first cabin filter replacement. Bob Tyler Toyota, Pensacola, FL... unbelievable!!
This is exactly why I change my own filter. However, I would not have done so and known the issue hadn’t been for this forum a few years ago. I can’t believe they never greased the zerks. It’s not like they get paid more to do less work.

This is exactly why I change my own filter. However, I would not have done so and known the issue hadn’t been for this forum a few years ago. I can’t believe they never greased the zerks. It’s not like they get paid more to do less work.

He asked if I’d do the maintenance from now on, of course I obliged... and added if he has to take it to Toyota to lock the glove box and take the key... his is new enough to have the sticker on the access door!!!

We bought our ‘15 sight unseen, I flew down and drove back... the first thing I checked was the re-circ door, it was intact, and will stay that way!

and because this is the pic thread...
ED117D80-5CD5-4AF0-9B4E-DE48315AC739.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom