200 series picture thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Head up i84 East and you’re three hours from hot springs mountains and high desert

Finally a chance to test the new setup on a long, uphill, muddy trail today. Was impressed!

20200216_161740.jpg

20200216_162526.jpg

Some poser shots with my cousins 40

20200216_123806.jpg

20200216_123831.jpg

jDQGHX0.jpg

Thought we'd do a little exploring today and see some local lakes that we previously hadn't been to. Made it about 100ft into a snow-covered trail before I high-centred like a total idiot.

Rocking didn't help. Centre diff lock didn't help. Crawl control didn't make a difference. Four guys pushing (after digging the wheel out w/ shovels) didn't help. Didn't have my MaxTrax with me, but suspect they would have been useful.

This wouldn't have been as much of an issue if I didn't have a broken leg and wasn't moving around on crutches. Thankfully I picked a good spot to be dumb: right in front of a group of 6-8 trucks and a bunch of people. I also had most of my recovery gear (strap, shackles, etc.). The guys dug out what they could, and a 3rd gen Tacoma yoinked me out after 7-8 attempts. The LX is a heavy beast!

Now I'm thinking about winches again...

Last edited:
Looks like Bridgeport perhaps?
You got it, that was a couple weekends back. This last weekend was Hidden Falls Adventure Park below for a couple of nights of camping and wheeling. I wish this place was as close as Bridgeport because it was pretty great.

AUNZ2660.jpeg

jDQGHX0.jpg

Thought we'd do a little exploring today and see some local lakes that we previously hadn't been to. Made it about 100ft into a snow-covered trail before I high-sided like a total idiot.

Rocking didn't help. Centre diff lock didn't help. Crawl control didn't make a difference. Four guys pushing (after digging the wheel out w/ shovels) didn't help. Didn't have my MaxTrax with me, but suspect they would have been useful.

This wouldn't have been as much of an issue if I didn't have a broken leg and wasn't moving around on crutches. Thankfully I picked a good spot to be dumb: right in front of a group of 6-8 trucks and a bunch of people. I also had most of my recovery gear (strap, shackles, etc.). The guys dug out what they could, and a 3rd gen Tacoma yoinked me out after 7-8 attempts. The LX is a heavy beast!

Did the LX get into the extra high mode when it sensed it was stuck?

If you like to go wheeling in the snow a winch is a must. I use mine constantly, it has been a lifesaver. I’m also surprised how often I use it to clear the trail as well. Check out the link below.
Also, you might have popped right out of being high centered with some Maxtrax, another essential for the snow and other terrains.

Last edited:

No, I put it into high (and 4L) in an attempt to un-high-centre myself.

If the LX is in AHC high and senses it is stuck. It’s supposed to raise another 1-2” or so.

Did you adjust AHC at all at the time?

Whaaaaat?! I've never heard of that before, but that's pretty wicked.

I did hit the "up" on the AHC height control at some point, but can't recall whether that was before or after I put it into 4L.

Whaaaaat?! I've never heard of that before, but that's pretty wicked.

I did hit the "up" on the AHC height control at some point, but can't recall whether that was before or after I put it into 4L.

Ayup to @04UZJ100

The system will deploy extra-high mode when it senses the vehicle is stuck and/or stuck in crawl control. It'll conjure up another ~1" front and rear. Could be helpful to get the vehicle out when it's stuck on its frame rails.

1581993541039.png

With my mild setup of 33" tires, .75" sensor lift, and AHC, that's a solid 4.5"+ lift when I may need it most. Measurements from ground to fender (suspension and tire lift, w/ 305/55/20 33.2" tires):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"34.5" (1")36.125" (1")
Stock AHC "H"36.5" (3")38.5" (3.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"37.25" (3.75")39" (3.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)38.0" (4.5")39.75" (4.625")

Thanks
Ayup to @04UZJ100

The system will deploy extra-high mode when it senses the vehicle is stuck and/or stuck in crawl control. It'll conjure up another ~1" front and rear. Could be helpful to get the vehicle out when it's stuck on its frame rails.

View attachment 2214188

With my mild setup of 33" tires, .75" sensor lift, and AHC, that's a solid 4.5"+ lift when I may need it most. Measurements from ground to fender (suspension and tire lift, w/ 305/55/20 33.2" tires):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"34.5" (1")36.125" (1")
Stock AHC "H"36.5" (3")38.5" (3.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"37.25" (3.75")39" (3.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)38.0" (4.5")39.75" (4.625")

Thanks for the chart - finally see how much it lowers at speed!

jDQGHX0.jpg

Thought we'd do a little exploring today and see some local lakes that we previously hadn't been to. Made it about 100ft into a snow-covered trail before I high-centred like a total idiot.

I’m curious did you have one or both rear wheels spinning?

I’m curious did you have one or both rear wheels spinning?

It was kind of strange in that sometimes I would give gas and feel like NONE of the wheels were spinning. Other times just the rear axle would spin. Tried it with centre diff lock, but other than not moving, don't remember the results.

I FINALLY got a chance to go out snow wheeling/camping this past weekend. Truck and tires did well. I was aired down to 10 psi. I got stuck once when I had to turn around on a dead-end trail. I was able to self-recover with maxtrax and shoveling 😅. I wish I took more pics but I guess I was having too much fun.
snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

What was your tire pressure?

What was your tire pressure?

Street pressure of 33-34 PSI. Airing down was a last-resort option, as I would have had to get my fiancee to do it, and to then inflate the tires back up.

Street pressure of 33-34 PSI. Airing down was a last-resort option, as I would have had to get my fiancee to do it, and to then inflate the tires back up.
Oh man, you were dead before you even started with that tire pressure. You can have the biggest tires, the biggest lift, etc., but if you don't air down your truck in worthless in the snow. Time for a compressor:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom