200 series exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Incase anyone missed this a few pages back!!!

I can send you the video as well which will give you a sound clip.

LC200.png

Attachments

• LC200.pdf
    589.6 KB · Views: 125
I got my pipe last month but no straight pipe extra was a option , can those who have allready purchased get the pipe for that price ?
Thanks Keith .

@gluaisrothai I love that deep/ mellow sound, makes the V8 come alive. Which setup/ size did you go with? Also, did you keep or delete the factory rear end resonator? Thanks for sharing the vid!

@gluaisrothai I love that deep/ mellow sound, makes the V8 come alive. Which setup/ size did you go with? Also, did you keep or delete the factory rear end resonator? Thanks for sharing the vid!
That’s the mild setup from Keith at Dirty Deeds- I’m not sure of the specific part number. Stock rear pipe and resonator. Sounds great to me, just enough to be distinctive and not obnoxious.

Sounds great, thanks for sharing. I will be calling keith today. Torn between Mild and Extra Mild... either way that V8 has the potential to sound so good, while keeping the refined feel that the quiet cabin has to offer.

It might actually be the extra mild. Here’s a photo if you need Keith to identify.
I actually believe this saves me gas. I like the low RPM burble so much I try to keep from downshifting on the freeway. But the grins really start at 3k rpm ;)

809F35A0-2055-4689-A6A2-CE40E984344B.jpeg

It might actually be the extra mild. Here’s a photo if you need Keith to identify.
I actually believe this saves me gas. I like the low RPM burble so much I try to keep from downshifting on the freeway. But the grins really start at 3k rpm ;)

View attachment 2644105

Is this an easy install? Love the sounds!

Is this an easy install? Love the sounds!
Easy enough. 30 minutes taking it slow. I put the truck on 8” ramps. Hardest part is taking the weight of the original exhaust when everything is released, and then lifting the new muffler into position while attaching the rubber mounts. Trolley jack helped with that.

Easy enough. 30 minutes taking it slow. I put the truck on 8” ramps. Hardest part is taking the weight of the original exhaust when everything is released, and then lifting the new muffler into position while attaching the rubber mounts. Trolley jack helped with that.
I would beg you to make a video of the exhaust sound that isn't on a gravel road. I reeeaaally want to be able to appreciate the exhaust, but all my poor ears can pick up is the gravel noise

Can anyone provide more videos/sound clips?

I ordered a set of American Racing long tube headers 1 3/4" with cats. These will be bolted to my factory LX exhaust. LX is supercharged. I imagine there would be little to no drone at all.

Wondering what sound profile will be with for the following items below. Additionally, if there will be drone in these set ups:
1. Stock catback. ARH long tubes with cats.
2. DD Catback, 12" with OEM headers
3. DD Catback. 12" with ARH long tubes w/cats

Sorry to disappoint with no video/audio, but here is my experience. I got the 14" setup from keith installed ~10 days ago. Immediate reaction is damn the startup sounds good, a little louder than I expected but nothing obnoxious at all. It covers up the typical loud intake noise of toyota V8's with a deep rumble at a very reasonable volume. My wife has either not noticed, or hasn't said anything about the difference after riding in the car multiple times. In past aftermarket exhaust experiences, I have disliked the extremely loud cold start... there does not appear to be any increased volume at a cold start which I appreciate.

I noticed a few scenarios where the noise in the cabin would start to bother me, at around 2k rpm where the truck sometimes holds a gear without wanting to shift. I notice this on my slow and gradual uphill commute (riding at around 35mph and easing up a long hill). Also when I am on the highway riding up a hill where the engine is working a little harder. I havent called keith about it yet, but I might.

As somewhat of a solution to the "drone" I actually ordered a pedal commander, and so far it seems to have done exactly what I wanted. In making the car behave more "responsive" it spends less time holding at 2k rpm, and will instead rev a little faster and past that point and then the transmission upshifts sooner. You can obviously manipulate the stock throttle to achieve this, but I do not like the long pedal throw and feeling like I have to intentionally push past where it wants to hold. With the pedal commander, I am significantly happier with the exhaust and also the overall driving experience.

The overall sound profile of the BAMuffler is exactly what I wanted. you can tell there is a v8, it is not too loud ( i dont think the average person would suspect it was aftermarket) and it dies down and gets very quiet at most cruising speeds and on the highway. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to get a little more "v8 experience" out of their LC200. I was planning to call keith about the small drone issue, but with further testing on the pedal commander and the change in driving dynamics, i may not need to.

Broke down and called up Keith earlier to put an exhaust on order. Also wanted a mild setup that is noticeable during startup and under load, but wouldn't be annoying on the highway; I really just wanted to be able to hear the V8 rather than the intake/fan noise at startup. He actually recommended the 10" setup for how I described what I'm looking for. He said they've been doing a lot of testing and the noise difference on the highway between the 10", 14" or 16" setups is nearly negligible and really only makes a difference under startup with the throttle down. Supposed to be here around the beginning of October, so I'll throw it on and try to get a video of it around then

Hi all, it's been way overdue but here is the before & after video of Dirty Deed's exhaust system (8" setup) on my 2016 LC200 with the newly developed "prototype" rear factory/OEM resonator delete system. Keith and his team at @dirtydeeds are awesome to deal with. They work hard to make sure their product performs and stands behind their product. Before & after video: Land Cruiser 200 Exhaust System by Dirty Deeds - Before & After

After a few months of having the 8" setup, it's been more enjoyable driving the LC200. The deep, mellow throaty sound really makes the V8 cruiser come alive. The 8" supposedly does not have much drone, but on my setup with the prototype factory resonator delete system, it drones when I am on the freeway on 7+ gear. Also, it drones when cruising up a mountain pass and when I am towing my camp trailer. I am ok with the drone but my wife and kids don't like the sound/feel, so I will have to get with Dirty Deeds to resolve the drone issue... Perhaps going with the 12" will stop the drone, @dirtydeeds Keith?

Here are some detail photos of the 8" exhaust system and the prototype factory resonator delete system on my 2016 LC200... Hope you guys find this helpful~ I will try to update once the drone issue is resolved... For my kids and wife ;)
IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9491.jpg
IMG_9490.jpg
IMG_9486.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom