200 series exhaust system (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got off the phone with Keith. I have struggled with my 14 inch system for a year, love it when it is just me in the car, but the kids complain about the noise in he back row and it makes it hard on a long trip or when we are towing.

He is shipping me a quieter system, and taking my one year old system back as a return. I didnt ask for this, but he told me they offer a lifetime sound warranty and will take any system back that the owner isnt happy with! Pretty cool, if you are thinking about an exhaust for your 200, that warranty ought to make the decision a lot easier for you.
Details on what’s different with your incoming quieter system?

Details on what’s different with your incoming quieter system?
I had a conversation with Keith about what I liked about the current system, and what I didn't like. He is taking that feedback and increasing the muffler size to accommodate.

Basically, I love the noise when I am on the throttle, at startup, etc. But cruising up a long hill or towing, the noise level is just too high (for my family) at a sustained level.
standard cruising on flat roads is not an issue, but when we travel it becomes a problem. Cant hear the kids in the third row, they complain about the noise, etc.

I just had a muffler shop put in a MagnaFlow #13761 XL chamber muffler and notice a little squeak every time I step on the gas at higher rpm. The squeak will continue as long as it is revving high. The squeak is not loud and I thought maybe it's coming from the front possibly the pulley or belt but the sound is coming from the back towards the tail pipe. Do I have an exhaust leak somewhere? Or is the pipe or hanger rubbing on something to cause the sound or is it the muffler?
I just put on a 14inch magnaflow muffler and kept everything else stock (kept resonator etc) - deep tone, no drone at high speeds w/ cruising being quiet, the volume is perfect - not too loud, no pops but noticeable when you gas it - most similar to stock performance mufflers on newer muscle cars - low cost and works well with cold air intake/performance chip

I had a conversation with Keith about what I liked about the current system, and what I didn't like. He is taking that feedback and increasing the muffler size to accommodate.

Basically, I love the noise when I am on the throttle, at startup, etc. But cruising up a long hill or towing, the noise level is just too high (for my family) at a sustained level.
standard cruising on flat roads is not an issue, but when we travel it becomes a problem. Cant hear the kids in the third row, they complain about the noise, etc.
What was the outcome of your feedback?

What was the outcome of your feedback?
Ultimately he sent me a replacement muffler that was supposed to be larger but I believe it was the same size. I swapped them out and couldnt hear a difference.
Because I am dumb and didnt keep my factory muffler, I ended up purchasing a factory muffler and installed that and have been happy with the change back to stock.

Have the like new DD system in my garage that i would sell if anyone is interested. a pain to ship but I am in Augusta Ga.

Like I have said, it sounds great. But I cant put up with the constant sound while crusing under effort (uphill, highway speeds) or while towing.

I just put on a 14inch magnaflow muffler and kept everything else stock (kept resonator etc) - deep tone, no drone at high speeds w/ cruising being quiet, the volume is perfect - not too loud, no pops but noticeable when you gas it - most similar to stock performance mufflers on newer muscle cars - low cost and works well with cold air intake/performance chip

Can you please post pictures/video? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom