200 series exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just on the website and I don't see the 200 series exhaust listed. Curious if anyone knows when it will be available?

EDIT: Just went back and read this thread entirely. Looks like I need to reach out to Kevin. :)
Give a call. 760-877-4234
Keith

Give a call. 760-877-4234
Keith
Oops Keith not Kevin. 🙂

TBH Keith I had a long conversation with a grass roots family owned shop here in Denver and I am putting it in their hands to do a custom stainless setup for me. I do expect there will be a little drone as they do a ton of classic hot rod work, but I am fine with it.

Nothing at all wrong with the Dirty Deeds system but I do try to support local shops whenever feasible. I hope you can appreciate that. 🍻

Oops Keith not Kevin. 🙂

TBH Keith I had a long conversation with a grass roots family owned shop here in Denver and I am putting it in their hands to do a custom stainless setup for me. I do expect there will be a little drone as they do a ton of classic hot rod work, but I am fine with it.

Nothing at all wrong with the Dirty Deeds system but I do try to support local shops whenever feasible. I hope you can appreciate that. 🍻
I absolutely support that. However, I can promise what you think will be ‘a little drone’ will be a lot of drone. We built over 30 prototypes in 2 weeks to figure out what we figured out.

My best advice to you is to keep your stock stuff so when you’re sick of the drone you can go back. Their first prototype, the one they’re putting on your truck, is way more likely to drone very badly, than it is to drone a little.

I promise that my above comments aren’t a ‘put down’ I’m sure the shop is a great shop with great intentions, I’ve just stated facts and advice. The same as I would to a friend or family member given the knowledge that I’ve acquired from hours and hours of R&D with LC200

I absolutely support that. However, I can promise what you think will be ‘a little drone’ will be a lot of drone. We built over 30 prototypes in 2 weeks to figure out what we figured out.

My best advice to you is to keep your stock stuff so when you’re sick of the drone you can go back. Their first prototype, the one they’re putting on your truck, is way more likely to drone very badly, than it is to drone a little.

I promise that my above comments aren’t a ‘put down’ I’m sure the shop is a great shop with great intentions, I’ve just stated facts and advice. The same as I would to a friend or family member given the knowledge that I’ve acquired from hours and hours of R&D with LC200
I totally understand what you are saying and appreciate the advise. It's also great to hear about your R&D. A lot of companies don't spend the time getting it right because well... time is money. I am glad you shared that in this thread for other potential buyers. It helps people understand why this system costs what it does. This system is actively functional and good R&D leads to a better product overall.

Honestly, IMO drone is also personal thing. Some people can handle a little drone and others can't stand a tone change. 🙂 If I feel this system is overwhelming I will be coming back to you to order a system. 😉

Honestly, IMO drone is also personal thing. Some people can handle a little drone and others can't stand a tone change. 🙂 If I feel this system is overwhelming I will be coming back to you to order a system. 😉
That is a great point right there. I don't mind the noise in my truck the vast majority of the time. When you are on the gas it sounds awesome, on a long incline it can wear on me. However some passengers have and especially passengers in the second and third rows. Where you are sitting in the vehicle will change how it sounds pretty drastically. I am considering trying to add sound deadening material in the internal access hatch/wheel well area before I pull my exhaust. But yes it is all very personal.

I just had a muffler shop put in a MagnaFlow #13761 XL chamber muffler and notice a little squeak every time I step on the gas at higher rpm. The squeak will continue as long as it is revving high. The squeak is not loud and I thought maybe it's coming from the front possibly the pulley or belt but the sound is coming from the back towards the tail pipe. Do I have an exhaust leak somewhere? Or is the pipe or hanger rubbing on something to cause the sound or is it the muffler?

Last edited:
I just had a muffler shop put in a MagnaFlow #13761 XL chamber muffler and notice a little squeak every time I step on the gas at higher rpm. The squeak will continue as long as it is revving high. The squeak is not loud and I thought maybe it's coming from the front possibly the pulley or belt but the sound is coming from the back towards the tail pipe. Do I have an exhaust leak somewhere? Or is the pipe or hanger rubbing on something to cause the sound or is it the muffler?
Sounds like movement in the exhaust system causing a rubbing but who knows since that squeak could be from any part that moves when engine torque is applied. I would start with visually inspecting the exhaust install to see if there are any rubbing mark where 2 points could be making contact.

Thanks for the help. I called the shop and the guy who put it on said he only put on the muffler and said that sound may come from the muffler.

Thanks for the help. I called the shop and the guy who put it on said he only put on the muffler and said that sound may come from the muffler.
Did they clamp it on or weld it on? If clamped you can try to tighten the clamps a bit more. If welded it might be a pin hole in the welding. So a leak either way that sounds like a squeak.

These were welded. I did not know that a pin hole can sound like a squeak. It makes sense, because at higher rpms more air is flowing, just revving it the squeak is short, as I hold the gas at higher rpms the squeak will go on until I let off the gas. Hopefully the muffler guy can figure it out.

These were welded. I did not know that a pin hole can sound like a squeak. It makes sense, because at higher rpms more air is flowing, just revving it the squeak is short, as I hold the gas at higher rpms the squeak will go on until I let off the gas. Hopefully the muffler guy can figure it out.
Its sounds exactly like a pin hole leak based on your description. Really it just comes down to shape and size. I had one on a different vehicle that sounded like a whistle.

Update, the guy at the muffler shop says the whistle sound is coming from my muffler, he didn't find any leaks. He said I can replace it with a MagnaFlow 24inch case 5x8, or should I order the same one and take my chances and see because I like the way it sounds, deep, pretty quiet inside. This is 27 inches long with circular case. Can the whistle sound go away after the muffler settling in? Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:
Update, the guy at the muffler shop says the whistle sound is coming from my muffler, he didn't find any leaks. He said I can replace it with a MagnaFlow 24inch case 5x8, or should I order the same one and take my chances and see because I like the way it sounds, deep, pretty quiet inside. This is 27 inches long with circular case. Can the whistle sound go away after the muffler settling in? Let me know what you guys think?
A lot of people with the Land Cruiser & Tundra 5.7L engine said the whistle is actually from the engine intake area. It’s the engine sucking in more area and it’s going through a webbing metal piece which is causing the high pitched whistle noise.

The tundra and LC share the same motor and set up.

Here is a video of the guy talking about it and taking it out.

This is the Toyota part number from Amazon. It fits on Tundras, LX570, and Land Cruisers because they all use the same 5.7L engine.

22271-50050)​

A lot of people with the Land Cruiser & Tundra 5.7L engine said the whistle is actually from the engine intake area. It’s the engine sucking in more area and it’s going through a webbing metal piece which is causing the high pitched whistle noise.

The tundra and LC share the same motor and set up.

Here is a video of the guy talking about it and taking it out.

This is the Toyota part number from Amazon. It fits on Tundras, LX570, and Land Cruisers because they all use the same 5.7L engine.

22271-50050)​

Why wouldn't that sound and cause be present for @goped with the stock exhaust?

Why wouldn't that sound and cause be present for @goped with the stock exhaust?

Idk.

Just a suggestion why he has a whistle. Because if you look at Amazon under intakes and exhaust for Tundras and Land Cruisers, a lot of people say it’s the metal mesh gasket which is causing it.

Fellow board member can try that simple 10 minute fix to see if that fixes his problems before he gets a whole new exhaust welded on.

We certainly could. If a guy wanted it stock quiet but wanted to take advantage of the extra power, a 16” would be great actually. Give a call to order or hit me back with any other questions. 760-877-4234

Keith

Just got off the phone with Keith. I have struggled with my 14 inch system for a year, love it when it is just me in the car, but the kids complain about the noise in he back row and it makes it hard on a long trip or when we are towing.

He is shipping me a quieter system, and taking my one year old system back as a return. I didnt ask for this, but he told me they offer a lifetime sound warranty and will take any system back that the owner isnt happy with! Pretty cool, if you are thinking about an exhaust for your 200, that warranty ought to make the decision a lot easier for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom