2.5" OME Install on LX450 - Can't tighten top shock bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking for suggestions... my ome fronts came with a nylon locking nut that is so hard to tighten that I’m about to start over with non locking nuts. I’ve got a 8mm wrench on the flats and a 19 ratchet on the nut and I am pulling so hard that it’s starting to round off the flats and I havent even gotten the nut on enough to compress the bushings yet... I’m wondering if I use a heat gun on the nylon nut to soften it if that might help

Reach underneath and hold the top of the shock housing with your hand while tightening. If you have a strap wrench to use on the shock housing, even better. That tiny 8mm part is nearly worthless to grab onto.

On the passenger side zip it down with an impact. I wasn't able to make an impact work on the drivers side.

👆
What he said. Just hold the shock body and hit it with an impact gun. It's kind of like driving in the sand, the hardest part is getting it going from a stop, but once it starts moving your good to go.

not really sure what I can hold onto... holding the lower shock body doesnt prevent the shaft from spinning and there is a plastic protector on the upper part and nothing to get a firm grip on. Should I remove or cut the plastic protector?

Forgot about that plastic part on the OME shocks.... what happens if you hold onto the plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom