Head Bolts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Evening guys,
I'm trying to determine where to find Head Bolts and/or Head Studs for my 94 Toyota Landcruiser. 1FZFE Engine
I seem to remember that after the initial head gasket replacement the bolts should still be good. But some of you recommended to replace them before the next head gasket was replaced correct me if I'm wrong.
Where can I buy a set of Head Bolts and/or studs? I'm having trouble locating them.

Last edited:
I may be talking out my keester but I think most head bolts are torque to yield or some such thing and need to be replaced. Pretty sure Toyota still sells the head bolts and ARP has stud and nut alternatives that work in the 1FZFE. Maybe post up what engine you are running so the (not me) experts can give more specific guidance?

you can measure them and see if they are still in spec

1711323823478.png

So you are going to replace just the bolts? Or you are doing a head gasket? You can reuse your head studs if they are in spec, you need to measure them with a micrometer. Or you can replace them still readily available through Toyota, partsouq has the best pricing on them. Or you can go with arp 209-4702 studs and trim the front two studs. Or the Supra studs 203-4205. Either one’s work great.

So you are going to replace just the bolts? Or you are doing a head gasket? You can reuse your head studs if they are in spec, you need to measure them with a micrometer. Or you can replace them still readily available through Toyota, partsouq has the best pricing on them. Or you can go with arp 209-4702 studs and trim the front two studs. Or the Supra studs 203-4205. Either one’s work great.
In the process of doing the head gasket. The Supra Studs-do they need to be trimmed?
What is the best tightening procedure for Studs and/or OEM bolts ?
Thank you

This has been answered 100+ times if you want more info read up on it. Use the search with your preferred browser and include what you’re searching about and I8hmud. You can read for days.
^^^
Yeah, what he said. Or, consult the trusty FSM. So easy I can (almost) do it from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom