2.5 lift help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m planning on fitting my 92 80 series with Bilstein 5100 shocks and 850, 863 ome coils. I’m a little confused on the castor bushings and have heard of plates. I’m only going for a 2.5” lift and am wondering what would be better. Bushings or plates? Any help?

Caster Plates are by far better than caster bushings....

The caster bushing correct 1.5" of lift.
Also a 850/863 will be like...
Custom Image 10082019213635.jpg

I have the same springs. Ran the OME caster correction bushings for years. Just today I installed Delta VS 2" arms with OE bushings and could not be happier. Not inexpensive but I only regret is having driven all these years without them. The ride and handling are fantastic.

Just a couple of pics for install...look for thread with more info on this process

015.JPG

013.JPG

019.JPG

I am thinking of these also but one question I have is why would they not incorporate the top holes on the bracket to add some strength. It seems like the other 4 inch brackets use them. Even the passenger side using the 2 short bolts would give me a little more confidence.

I am thinking of these also but one question I have is why would they not incorporate the top holes on the bracket to add some strength. It seems like the other 4 inch brackets use them. Even the passenger side using the 2 short bolts would give me a little more confidence.

I choose to use dowel pins to lock the plates into place for proper alignment. Once welded they are secure and positioned properly. Different method for the same purpose.

After further inspection I noticed that the upper wheel side of the bracket on the passenger side only has one hole so the other side would have to be drilled anyway. Thanks for the reply, Landtank.

I’m running Bilstien 5100 shocks and OME 2863 springs. It’s about a 2.5” lift and level all the way around. While I agree that plates are probably better, I went with the bushings and so far they’re great.

I’m running Bilstien 5100 shocks and OME 2863 springs. It’s about a 2.5” lift and level all the way around. While I agree that plates are probably better, I went with the bushings and so far they’re great.

You will find out the poly bushings wont last long, mine were cracked and coming apart...OEM bushings and caster plates will last a long time...and give you a smoother ride by far than lame poly bushings

Last edited:
You will find out the poly bushings wont last long, mine were cracked and coming apart...OEM bushings and caster plates will last a long time...and give you a smoother ride by far than lame poly bushings

How long before the OME bushings failed? I've only been running them 6 months at this point.

Depends on what your doing with your Reg. Mine failed in less then a
Thousand miles. I like to wheel hard and I'm running 37s on a dedicated trail Reg.

Depends on what your doing with your Reg. Mine failed in less then a
Thousand miles. I like to wheel hard and I'm running 37s on a dedicated trail Reg.

I’m mostly daily driving with some occasional logging roads. I’m running 35” tires on it. I plan to do some trails in the future, but haven’t gotten a chance. I’ve only had my rig for about 6 months and one month of that time I had it in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom