1st Generation Long Bed Measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching all over for a utility type topper for intermittent camping/sleeping/roadtrip use and may have finally found one that suits.

I remember that Ford Ranger beds are similar in size? Yes? Cause that's what this guy is from.

If I were home, I'd just measure my truck...

But I ain't. So...

Anyone have dimensions handy or quick on the draw with a tape to tell me what the width, length and depth at the inside of the rails is on a 1st gen longbed? Maybe also tailgate width?

Big help, many thanks

DB

I know this is a stupid question, but my truck is 1500 miles away...

No answers?

Sorry dude, i don't have one, but you could try wandering through some parking lots werever you are. There has to be something around that fits the bill

I have been searching all over for a utility type topper for intermittent camping/sleeping/roadtrip use and may have finally found one that suits.

I remember that Ford Ranger beds are similar in size? Yes? Cause that's what this guy is from.

If I were home, I'd just measure my truck...

But I ain't. So...

Anyone have dimensions handy or quick on the draw with a tape to tell me what the width, length and depth at the inside of the rails is on a 1st gen longbed? Maybe also tailgate width?

Big help, many thanks

DB

Check here:
Toyota Truck Paint Codes and Galleries, Brochure and Commercial Archives

If the link doesn't work, the brochure on the site shows 87.4 x 63.4 for a 79 model.
For a 78 model, its 87.8 x 62.2

Since we are on the topic, does anyone know if a shell made for a 79 + bed will fit 78 and earlier bed since the dimensions are slightly off?

1st Gen long-beds are a little bit rare, and it's the holidays... I'm sure someone will chime in when they have a chance... You could try searching for someone here that has one and send them a PM. :cheers:

What, you mean people have better things to do than march out in the snow, leaving family and friends inside to brave the elements just because some dude you don't know wants to know how big his own bed is?

I don't get it.
:p

I keep spotting short beds, but yes, 'tis true, the longbeds are a bit of a rarity. Lucky me! No Bed bobs in the future. I like my seven footer (or thereabouts) dagnabit!

Internet yields nothing. Yotatech keeps crashing... I am patient...

Thanks for the link austin... I never saw that site before. Sweet! Haven't found the measurements yet as I'm now thoroughly distracted.

I have a 1983 long bed but I need a 1980 short bed. I would like to trade/buy one or I may cut my current long bed. Any suggestions or dems for the short bed.

When I get home this afternoon East Coast time I will take a measureing tape to my long bed for you. Hopefully this information doesn't come to late for you. I took the weekend off from the world and have only now just reentered it...I will measure everything up. If I can figure out how to edit on top of photos I will just do that.

I just got hussled into a three year old post...at least now I don't have to spend an hour measuring anything. I blame Perdue for ressurecting a three year old post. Seriously???

Last edited:
I could measure mine then add 22". I believe thats how much we bobbed it. I can't swear to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom