1HDT Clutch Vs Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spewin

But 650nm is a fair bit and I believe what they say because I got exactly what I was told , did you talk to Floyd at NPC ,he seems pretty forth coming ?
I have a 1971 beetle with a turbo methanol engine and the clutch in that feels heavier than my cruiser

I will say that these days some vendors speak a lot of s*** , I tend to dig around a fair bit for performance parts and grill most vendors about their offerings . NPC told me what they had out in market place and how it was performing on the race scene
I don't mind paying good money for parts but if it turns out to be crap f..kin look out

Yep - Floyd. Was excellent to talk to, and I will be getting their modified Exedy when I am ready. If it can handle 650Nm, that will leave plenty of room to spare for the 450ish that I would be looking at

For which application?

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Hi,

I was referring to your previous post, the one quoted bellow.

View attachment 1456021 We don't just sell these clutches but we also install them in customers vehicles and our own!!!!

Finished this 80-series conversion about half a year ago.
1HDFT
Grunter turbo
Safari intercooler
Terrain Tamer clutch
H151F
HF2a case with Terrain Tamer OD gears and 3.12:1 low gear set
And some other goodies.

:)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

#terraintamer #valleyhybrids

Guys, I am looking for an upgrade here... I have the 6BT and the H151F behind it and I am using the OEM clutch (1HDT) with ceramic pads. It holded fine until I swapped the injectors...
1st and 2nd gears work fine, however if I accelerate too hard on 3rd it slips... It slips worst on 4th and 5th.

I was aiming for something capable of holding 1000-1200NM of torque.

These are my options so far:

4TU1087N FROM 4TERRAIN (Peak: 1001Nm, Rated: 801Nm):
4 Terrain ULTIMATE HD clutch kit for TOYOTA LANDCRUISER HDJ80 1HDFT 4.2l Tdi | eBay

SPEC Clutch (1100nm):
SPEC Clutches & Flywheels: Auto Parts, Domestic, Import, Truck, Racing, Drifting :: Results By Car

I also contacted NPC clutches, they offer an option of 1300nm @ the flywheeand the cost is $1690 AUD (flywheel included).

Any recommendations?

Rob.

1594680131501.png

These are the clutches from SPEC. I think I would go with Strage 3+, I do not like Stage 4 & 5 due to the small center portion which holds the actual disk... Plus 4 & 5 should be very stiff, they do not have springs.

The Terrain Tamer fortified will hold up, and would be my second choice. However, most now use the NPC for good reason. I have one in my 1hd-fte 79. Awesome pedal feel and rated to 1300nm. If it were me, NPC all the way, especially those in the states where the exchange rate helps out big time.

Well you'll see how much your clutch can handle .. coz that will depends on how healthy it's your clutch right now .. first sign on mine was slipping in 4th when going from coasting to WOT around to 2K rpm ..
exactly what I'm experiencing now. Time for a TT HD I guess.

exactly what I'm experiencing now. Time for a TT HD I guess.
it doesnt take much, my pretty new oem clutch will slip if im not carefull. thats just with intercooler, pin grind and 15 psi on stock turbo.

The Terrain Tamer fortified will hold up, and would be my second choice. However, most now use the NPC for good reason. I have one in my 1hd-fte 79. Awesome pedal feel and rated to 1300nm. If it were me, NPC all the way, especially those in the states where the exchange rate helps out big time.
Is there an NPC dealer in the US or is it better to go directly through them in Oz?
@Indestructible 47 Should one get their flywheel and clutch? What’s the advantage of the NPC flywheel versus OEM?

Is there an NPC dealer in the US or is it better to go directly through them in Oz?
@Indestructible 47 Should one get their flywheel and clutch? What’s the advantage of the NPC flywheel versus OEM?
Sorry I'm not sure of any dealer that's located in the US. If you need help sourcing what you need drop me a PM. As for the flywheel advantages over OEM, it's just mostly to do with the weight savings, but also helps maintain that stock clutch pedal feel. That and I believe their kits for the landcruisers aren't sold without the flywheel either. As for whether you should get one, what is your particular application? Note that I have plenty of mates that are running these clutches that are not necessarily running huge power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom